Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1400387 times)

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #13680 on: October 10, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »
Get a necromancer behind a pulley and door to block los.

Scroched zeds and fiends from coregame will revive fully healthy.

Those cant be necroed up, but they wont be overkilled by your guns.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13681 on: October 10, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
Sewer Gator came out to see what all th commotion was.

the thought of it crawling out the sewers, right in front of me, is terrifying.  And thrilling.  And scary.  they bite hard,

(click to show/hide)

Im going to be trying to steal that humvee.  It looks like it runs and the suv is good for earlygame but bad for city raiding.

Offline Nijuni

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: October 11, 2017, 01:45:57 PM »
@pissok:
Ooh, I like the Necromancer idea. I'll leave it for later testing phases, tho, as my experimentation with the undead recently resulted in an "accident".
(click to show/hide)

Luckily, my now-proclaimed physical-God survivor was the one conducting the experiment, so he had no problems cleaning up the mess.

I also crafted the Pneumatic Assault Rifle and the Pneumatic Bolt Driver and tested them in my Undead Shooting Range. Gotta say, I really like the results. Both are silent and deal decent damage, with former capable of using pebbles as ammo and latter using bolts you can recover from dead enemies, while both allow attachment of a wide range of mods and accessories.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: October 11, 2017, 03:21:24 PM »
Well I got a APC and Self Propelled Howitzer Tank, in addition to my beastly little solar cargo truck I usually take everywhere, my  Humvee, and couple reg cars (used to have solar panels, but i used them for upgraded SP crafting) all in "Like New" condition back to my base. I cleared that lab I found, got a quantum solar panel and 3 different energy weapons(laser rifle, laser pistol, and fusion rifle I believe), some fusion cells, and the book to craft atomic mods/stuff. It ended up just being a 1 floor lab, first one I've come across, but also the first one I have explored the entire lab(since it was just 1 floor it was not too hard obv). There is only 1 light blue square in the whole lab, and that is/was the loot room finale.

I think I'm going to make a even badder vehicle/mobile base out of the SPH tank. I think I have the materials to craft some more pulse lasers, which I might just use a couple of those instead of the tank's big ass gun and machine gun.

Oh I also went and checked out that beehive/
(click to show/hide)

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: October 11, 2017, 03:40:43 PM »
She used to be very aggressive and chased you. In early game I kited her to a town of zombies.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: October 11, 2017, 04:22:38 PM »
Well I got a APC and Self Propelled Howitzer Tank, in addition to my beastly little solar cargo truck I usually take everywhere, my  Humvee, and couple reg cars (used to have solar panels, but i used them for upgraded SP crafting) all in "Like New" condition back to my base. I cleared that lab I found, got a quantum solar panel and 3 different energy weapons(laser rifle, laser pistol, and fusion rifle I believe), some fusion cells, and the book to craft atomic mods/stuff. It ended up just being a 1 floor lab, first one I've come across, but also the first one I have explored the entire lab(since it was just 1 floor it was not too hard obv). There is only 1 light blue square in the whole lab, and that is/was the loot room finale.

I think I'm going to make a even badder vehicle/mobile base out of the SPH tank. I think I have the materials to craft some more pulse lasers, which I might just use a couple of those instead of the tank's big ass gun and machine gun.

Oh I also went and checked out that beehive/
(click to show/hide)

she is a beast in melee.  radiation was from poison, bee poison

Offline Dishonored Archer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: October 11, 2017, 06:15:23 PM »
I find perplexing the fact I can't hit a friggin turret from short distance with either a pistol or a bow, whats the deal of having a hard time attacking a stationary object?

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13687 on: October 11, 2017, 07:18:06 PM »
Ah yeah, I took my survivor face mask off while there to be light/unencumbered as possible, would it happen with 100% coverage? Do you folks like to keep a survivor mask on at all times, or only put it on when necessary? I was taking it off for ranged and keeping it on for melee.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: October 11, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
i explicitly blacklist all survivor gear, so it's been years since ive used them

Offline Dishonored Archer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
Ah yeah, I took my survivor face mask off while there to be light/unencumbered as possible, would it happen with 100% coverage? Do you folks like to keep a survivor mask on at all times, or only put it on when necessary? I was taking it off for ranged and keeping it on for melee.

I always use a light survivor mask all the times, never have a problem be in melee or ranged, only I take it off when I need to run away to conserve more stamina.

Offline Theundyingcode

• NPC
  • Mutant Cyborg With a Nuclear Tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: October 14, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »
Got some NPC followers who use ranged weapons ammo management has become like:
Mars is currently the only planet populated entirely by robots. Therefore Martian invasion is the same thing as the robots taking over.

Good judgement comes from experience.
And experience?
Well, that comes from poor judgement.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: October 15, 2017, 10:10:04 PM »
OMFG silat makes melee sooooo much better.

My pipe spear is like a godly weapon now.  And its better now than before it was nerfed into an improvised weapon.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: October 16, 2017, 12:08:06 AM »
OMFG silat makes melee sooooo much better.

My pipe spear is like a godly weapon now.  And its better now than before it was nerfed into an improvised weapon.

Silat and Eskrima are, IMO, the best two martial arts in the game.  They are nearly as good as Niten (since it was nerfed from UTTERLY INSANELY RIDICULOUS to just really, really good), and their weapons are FAR more available, and since they are faster/smaller weapons, they are less likely to waste damage on overkill, so in most situations, they get higher DPS even than Niten (once you ignore the overkill).

Their only real weakness is heavily armored opponents, but there just aren't very many of those.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: October 16, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »
Last winter, in my underground hall, Simefirmi read book for me. He looked bored. I poured some riesling in an empty can and fed him. He looked refreshed then.

I see the roadblock and police cars, damaged by weather and beasts, when I am driving to the hive for honey combs. A shopping cart rests there. It carried my welder and toolbox from my shrunken van to here. I then built a new car. It was half a season ago. I dove to the bottom of a distant lab, where robots shot resurrecting scientists. I came back with new mana and new spells. I haven't seen new NPCs in quite a while. It must be harsh to survive in the jungle of the dying and grassland of undead.

I arrive at the hive. It is beside a farm. Bees are splattered along the wax walls as I walk through the many rooms of the bee fortress. I eat some honey comb and put some in pockets, blundering in the wax maze like a little bear. Then I walk back and drive home.

"Simefirmi, come with me"! With my book-reader in one hand, a gallon jug in another, and a chemistry set in arms, I walk to the swamp east to my hillock. While helping me with cooking bleach and then distilling royal jelly from honey comb, Simefirmi fights stray zombies that keep coming to us. Night is falling! We come back with bleach and royal jelly.

Simefirmi reads The Compleat Trapper, while I sort through the hoard doing bookkeeping. I suddenly see 3 pairs of eyes in the dark corner of the stone room! They are Gattsu, Arroyo, and [NPC_NAME]! Still watching alertedly as I ordered, in the little alcove I mined for them. They must have been there for a whole season, without moving, eating, or sleeping. I make some royal beef( giant dragonfly steak, actually), and let everybody have some and take a rest. Tomorrow I have a place to go.

I start the car and drive to the early sun rising to the blue night sky. After crossing 2 empty fields and 1 populated town, I come to a lab. This one is not a valuable warehouse, but a prison for monsters, pink, red and blue! I descend the dim stairs with jackhammer and the rest of the royal jelly in my pockets. Then I walk north and descend the stairs. Then I walk southeast and descend the stairs. Then I walk to another room and descend the stairs. Then I walk south and see a large room. A beam of light casts from my forehead, and I look through the open doors across the spacious room. The monsters are squirming and flailing behind the glass panel!

I observe the small wards. Three of them in a row. In the east one the blue eye stares, in the west a pink serpent. The middle one is empty. TATTATTATA! The jackhammer breaks the eastern wall. Concrete falls on me. The eye tazers me with unspeakable horror. A new ward reveals itself behind the wall! There must be yet 3 behind the 3 I see! In this one a red kobold barks at me. Half buried, I swing my legs to blindly attack, with the movement of a cornered scorpion! The fat eye rolls and trembles under my attack. Then my blow sends it reeling! Does a glowing blue eye ball of vicious radiation also reels in the socket of an ethereal whale in an alien dimension?... I free myself from rubble, and see the pulped eye on the ground, dead probably. I turn around and kick the on-coming red kobold. It flies away and disappears. I walk to the west.

TATTATTATA! The pink serpent is freed. The long body embedded with two lines of razors slithers around me from all sides. My kick flows through the dancing vine of blades, denting the firm body here and there. It is of unearthly material, but is no less fleshy than mundane meat. Then I turn away, run from the room and close the metal door behind me. I take a 5 minute pause. The serpent's razors flap like little wings, but it has no hand to open a door. Then I open the door and kick and punch and knock it across the room. I charge and knock it to the corner. Then I kick until it disintegrates.

The eye, dead; the serpent and the kobold, not existing anymore; a ward, empty; I assume that there are two wards left. There is no glass panel to them through which I can see the prisoner. What power do the lurking abominations have? Only one way to find out... TATTATTATA! Concrete and rebars fall. A pink demon rushes out with incoherent ranting. I kick and it hits the wall and bounces back and forth between me and the wall until it stops speaking and moving.

The jackhammer hits and the wall falls. The last prisoner appears, another eye! I swing my legs to attack, with the onslaught of a scorpion! The fat eye rolls and trembles under my attack. Then my blow sends it reeling! Does a glowing blue eye ball of vicious radiation also reels in the socket of an ethereal whale in an alien dimension?... I see the pulped eye on the ground, dead probably.

I butcher the two eyes and find a stomach in each of them. Maybe they are a pair, but I don't know if those alien creatures have more or less than two eyes.

Standing in the emptied carcery, I feel mushroom in my mouth. I ingest the royal jelly. This clears the bad taste.

On my way back, I pick up some battery and useful CBMs.

It is noon when I come to the surface. I drive back to my hillock, where I then treat the stomachs with pine bough and inscribe with coal: "Flaming eye" and "Flaming eye". They are now two wineskins holding the riesling. Simefirmi needs the wine when he is bored.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: October 16, 2017, 10:39:02 PM »
I just killed a Thing at the bottom of a mine, and for my trouble, there was the Ring of Unspeakable Suffering, which give -2 to all stats, attention, and smoke... and in return, it gives "I see everything in the freaking reality bubble".  Labs and mines just got REALLY easy.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.