Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1433626 times)

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #13365 on: August 13, 2017, 09:40:13 PM »
It's just that I hate encumbrance. Plus, I'm not actually in the middle of them, just "k" through the nearby school. Was searching for some books to get my mechanics/electronics up to build myself a welding rig.

Books takes me to great lengths, you see, heh.
Oh. My suggestion for "that" is don't fight them but hers them. Make noise to draw them away then sneak in.

Offline Walegrin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13366 on: August 14, 2017, 12:54:02 AM »
Just found a stillsuit.  Always makes be smile when I find one.  The spice must flow!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13367 on: August 14, 2017, 02:37:23 AM »
Just found a stillsuit.  Always makes be smile when I find one.  The spice must flow!
stillsuit? Is that something from pk's mod?

Offline Walegrin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13368 on: August 14, 2017, 03:36:43 AM »

Standard game item.  http://cdda-trunk.chezzo.com/stillsuit

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13369 on: August 14, 2017, 04:06:12 AM »

Standard game item.  http://cdda-trunk.chezzo.com/stillsuit
OH THAT. Sorry I never heard the term stillsuit.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13370 on: August 14, 2017, 06:42:32 AM »
And survival is up to 9. Turning back on learning in first aid, and will now just zlave corpses once in a while instead of doing it on every eligible zombie corpse that I see. It's too time consuming and slow, and this already took around six days of winter to level up.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13371 on: August 14, 2017, 07:09:08 AM »
Currently trying to figure out how to level up mechanics past ten so that I can move the 3 diesel engines inside a self propelled howitzer.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13372 on: August 14, 2017, 07:37:17 AM »
It's slow, but you can repair guns with the firearm repair kit. Gunsmith kit is better since it uses less batteries, and probably good to add in an atomic battery mod so you don't need to reload every once in a while. Unlocking safes seems to drain a lot of focus and train mechanics as well.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13373 on: August 14, 2017, 07:49:42 AM »
It's slow, but you can repair guns with the firearm repair kit. Gunsmith kit is better since it uses less batteries, and probably good to add in an atomic battery mod so you don't need to reload every once in a while. Unlocking safes seems to drain a lot of focus and train mechanics as well.
Personally if one has the ups bionic the ups mod I find much more convienient as you are the battery.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13374 on: August 14, 2017, 07:56:39 AM »
Sorta. Like, take the firearm repair kit for example. You got around 10 guns to repair. One repair is 100 batteries/100 UPS charges. So you repair three guns, and then you'll have to wait for the UPS powered firearm repair kit to recharge to get enough juice to repair the next guns. With a plutonium powered repair kit there will be less instances where you have to wait around, since all you need to do is load it up with plutonium cells and you're good to go for a long while.

But in general having one that's UPS powered is good if you only have a few guns to repair, but if you're like repairing several guns, then an atomic powered one will be useful if you don't want to wait for a UPS powered one to recharge.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13375 on: August 14, 2017, 08:19:15 AM »
Sorta. Like, take the firearm repair kit for example. You got around 10 guns to repair. One repair is 100 batteries/100 UPS charges. So you repair three guns, and then you'll have to wait for the UPS powered firearm repair kit to recharge to get enough juice to repair the next guns. With a plutonium powered repair kit there will be less instances where you have to wait around, since all you need to do is load it up with plutonium cells and you're good to go for a long while.

But in general having one that's UPS powered is good if you only have a few guns to repair, but if you're like repairing several guns, then an atomic powered one will be useful if you don't want to wait for a UPS powered one to recharge.
Either way its a good thing I have the duro's doing mod installed.(infinite plutonium cells for the win)

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13376 on: August 14, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »
Oh, how shameful. My survivor was repairing her vehicle, when a NPC showed up. Friendly/neutral one, didn't really threaten my survivor, so I left him be.

Then in the middle of car repairs (which can't be stopped unless creatures are going near/attacking), the NPC decided it would be wise to look through my survivor's stuff. It wasn't. The moment the repair was done, chased the NPC and used the weapon my survivor was wielding, a combat chainsaw.

Four critical hits. 150 damage more or less on each hit. NPC is still alive, so I assumed that the limbs were hit by the chainsaw and not the head or the torso. Whatever the case was, the fifth hit was the killing blow.

The things the NPC stole? A metalworking chisel.

Heh heh, whoops. Perhaps I should have let that NPC go on his way, or recruited him to become one of my survivor's slaves. I mean, she used to kill any NPC she came across, but recently I've been trying to be all diplomatic and friendly to any NPC encountered out there, aside from the permanently hostile bandits and any wandering NPC foolish enough to declare a spot their territory/threaten to rob my survivor... but hey, old habits die hard.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13377 on: August 14, 2017, 03:45:10 PM »
Yeah I killed an npc that stole some nails once. Although this was a hostile npc that I was worried was going to steal one of my guns, er gun, pneumatic assault rifle.

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13378 on: August 14, 2017, 07:15:40 PM »
I'm always as merciful as possible in CDDA (and most games tbh). Like my favourite story, where an NPC stole my rocket launcher and I promptly cloaked, ran over, and stole it back without him ever knowing.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13379 on: August 15, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »
One thing I noticed; giant ants seem oddly passive. The soldier ones are aggressive, but the standard non-soldiers only attack once in a while.

However, I noticed they go nuts if my survivor makes too much noise; like having a noisemaker active. That'll help quicken the culling I'll do in any ant hill I come across.