Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1629833 times)

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #13695 on: October 17, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »
do you have to wear it, or only hold it for the effects?
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: October 17, 2017, 02:27:44 PM »
Wear it for it to have an effect

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: October 17, 2017, 02:45:44 PM »
cool. Careful of the attention
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: October 17, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
cool. Careful of the attention

+1 that looks to be pretty useful, just be sure you're already near-immortal.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Dishonored Archer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: October 17, 2017, 04:12:56 PM »
Aw hell... is cocaine craftable? these craves are hard to ignore and gives me a good speed man...

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13700 on: October 17, 2017, 04:43:47 PM »
Cocaine used to be even better for speed.

2 bumps made you faster than a hulk better.  and ALL bags had 8 bumps in them.

if you want craftable narcotics than id suggest researching it and modding it in.  or adding it to main game
  I too would like craftable coke.  at least a makeshift version...

but doesnt meth do speed boost and addiction and is craftable?

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: October 17, 2017, 05:03:11 PM »
Today I see the true power of a tank drone that brings fire and destruction to where it goes.

The deadly team of 4 necromancers, 1 zombie master, and a hulk, cannot hurt a tank drone at all.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: October 17, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »
Today I see the true power of a tank drone that brings fire and destruction to where it goes.

The deadly team of 4 necromancers, 1 zombie master, and a hulk, cannot hurt a tank drone at all.
Damn, I've only run into 2 tank drones(a total of 3 times), luckily my ferromagnetic rail rifle turret on my vehicle took them out, the first one needing a follow up shot from the pulse laser turret, but the second one was a one shot kill,  not sure if it had already been damaged. Why I say a total of three times is because the first time I didn't know what the heck was going on as I was clearing a town at night, and all of a sudden I got safe mode locked and it said something about a red beam targeting me, so I ran like hell only the next day to find out what it had been. I had a control laptop on me both times i killed one, but forgot to try and override it.. whoops.

I've also not seen a chicken walker, but have had an encounter with one 2 tiles away from me, but it was around a corner and not in my line of sight, I also didn't know what the hell it was at the time, just knew something was using automatic fire and killing my NPC followers very quickly(had at least 2 with me, if not more that all died). Later I saw in the message log it said "NPC has swung at a chicken walker***"or whatever message similar to that it was.. I later died from it, but never actually saw it lol, it shot me in the dark. This was a couple runs ago though, not my current run.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: October 17, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »
Found rivtech power armor.

Not gonna use it.  too heavy and encumbering.

But I also have 600 power and an integrated tool system.  Now I dont need to find more batteries or an electronics book, because I also have a furnace and a joint-ratchet set.  Now I go for a walk, come back, cook dinner, and then install my heavy duty frames.  Gotta be honest, Id rather be a lizardman or tree than a cyborg from a lore perspective. but this is easily the most convenient upgrade.

This character has just sidestepped the megavehicle blockade.  Ive also already moved my 4 wheels.  I need to pop in 4 more at some point, and I dont have a boom crane.

Having some good success using grenades against secubots in labs.

Offline Dishonored Archer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13704 on: October 17, 2017, 07:01:16 PM »
Cocaine used to be even better for speed.

2 bumps made you faster than a hulk better.  and ALL bags had 8 bumps in them.

if you want craftable narcotics than id suggest researching it and modding it in.  or adding it to main game
  I too would like craftable coke.  at least a makeshift version...

but doesnt meth do speed boost and addiction and is craftable?

I tried meth once... and holy chimera mutagen the comedown is pretty nasty, from rested it goes down to dead tired and half an hour later I got exhausted, maybe the trick is keep consuming it since it rises the sleep bar, it is also possible to die from the health stat?

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: October 17, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »
Aw hell... is cocaine craftable?

I don't think the coca plant will grow in the northeastern U.S. Maybe if you had a greenhouse.

I had a control laptop on me both times i killed one, but forgot to try and override it.. whoops.

Be careful, in my experience you have to be almost suicidally close to a tank drone to use the laptop on it. I killed the last one I encountered by keeping a vehicle between us. It drove up to the car, blasting all the way, and eventually the car exploded and wrecked the tank drone too.

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: October 18, 2017, 11:28:16 AM »
Found rivtech power armor.

Not gonna use it.  too heavy and encumbering.

But I also have 600 power and an integrated tool system.  Now I dont need to find more batteries or an electronics book, because I also have a furnace and a joint-ratchet set.  Now I go for a walk, come back, cook dinner, and then install my heavy duty frames.  Gotta be honest, Id rather be a lizardman or tree than a cyborg from a lore perspective. but this is easily the most convenient upgrade.

This character has just sidestepped the megavehicle blockade.  Ive also already moved my 4 wheels.  I need to pop in 4 more at some point, and I dont have a boom crane.

Having some good success using grenades against secubots in labs.

Isn't Rivtech armour the _least_ heavy and encumbering? My character would wear it unpowered on a regular basis because it was still amazing.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:25 PM »
30 encumbrance unpowered.

Im using bone armor and a molle pack and a flame pack and a back holster.  Thats my summer loadout this year.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: October 18, 2017, 03:21:40 PM »
I've also not seen a chicken walker, but have had an encounter with one 2 tiles away from me, but it was around a corner and not in my line of sight, I also didn't know what the hell it was at the time, just knew something was using automatic fire and killing my NPC followers very quickly(had at least 2 with me, if not more that all died). Later I saw in the message log it said "NPC has swung at a chicken walker***"or whatever message similar to that it was.. I later died from it, but never actually saw it lol, it shot me in the dark. This was a couple runs ago though, not my current run.

chicken walkers can be !FUN!, i once had one right outside the evac shelter on a fresh character, thankfully something else killed it due to monster infighting if i recall correctly.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13709 on: October 18, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »
30 encumbrance unpowered.

Im using bone armor and a molle pack and a flame pack and a back holster.  Thats my summer loadout this year.

>using a holster
>not just using your fists

be gone thot