Author Topic: Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled.  (Read 114606 times)

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
Re: Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled.
« Reply #450 on: December 17, 2014, 04:23:39 AM »
Open Source would be the words you're looking for!

Yeah the whole 'main devs' thing is more like 'top contributors'. Also either Kevin, Glyph, or both technically own the forums to my knowledge. We use github for working on the game and keeping everyone's contributions from getting messy, and the rule of thumb is that you cannot merge your own additions, only other coder's submissions. That way, new content is peer-reviewed in some fashion before being added.

I'd get in on the action too but I am not fluent in programming languages. So I am mostly moral support around here XD
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:26:58 AM by Pthalocy »
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Jarlaxle

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 17, 2014, 05:44:49 AM »
 I will say this about CC:DDA and I repeat it to anyone who cares to listen. I haven't spent a single dollar on this game, and no one has asked for one, and I cannot for the life of me remember having this much !!FUN!!
 A lot of "free games" are designed to get you to a certain point where you have to invest money to be competitive. CC:DDA doesn't want you to be competitive and is really more concerned with murdering you in as brutal as fashion possible. The curb stomping scene from American History X comes to mind.
 I have never seen a bigger labor of love as Cataclysm. My hats off to any and all who have made this game possible and thank you fine folks for an awesome ever changing great game.
In my experience the game seems to prioritize destroying whichever will be most inconveniencing. EkarusRyndren

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 17, 2014, 04:08:27 PM »
Clarification, we have absolutely no plans of running another funding campaign, crowd- or otherwise.  It comes up again periodically, but we literally don't have anything to spend it on. 

Development continues to proceed at a very rapid pace in general, and we have quite a lot of contributors.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 17, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
Kind of a side note here: The funds left over from the kick starter that are on bounty source, that needs to be advertised better. There is cash money up for grabs. I don't know, it seems foolish to have something like that and not have it prominently displayed on the front page.