Author Topic: That RP Thread  (Read 520398 times)

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
  • Nickboom 2: The Return of the Nickboom
    • View Profile
That RP Thread
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:23:00 AM »
(I was looking around and didnt really see any RP threads so I figured I'd start my own, only real rule is just post things not involved with the RP like this in () also feel free to be as silly as you want)
Nickboom walked through out the town looking for fellow survivors, as he walked along a nearby zombie noticed him. Nickboom quickly dispatched the zombie using his 8 tentacles. Nickboom wandered around hoping to meet others.
Rules
# Try to have at least 3 sentences, excluding dialogue, in each post. Preferably write a paragraph or more.
# Remember to "Preview" your posts and re-read them to fix any major errors.
# Rather than stating the effects of an action targeted at another character, let the recipient of an action describe what happens.
# Do not kill off other characters without the permission of the character's player.
# Read the OOC before posting if there is new posts in it.
# Post in the OOC before subjecting the RP to any sort of major events.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:33:03 AM by Nickboom »
"Forrest's snuggle meter is running low. Jacklyn will have to get aggressive."

Offline Senrain

• NPC
  • Literal piece of garbage
    • View Profile
Re: That RP Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
Senrain prowled the streets, quickly ducking between cars and avoiding the vacant gazes of the undead. He clutches the festering bite wound on his leg, he needed antibiotics badly. He dug into his pocket and pulled out the road map he had picked up at a gas station up the road. The hospital was just a couple blocks away. The alerted growl of a nearby zombie catches Senrain's attention. Shit! Did they sniff him out somehow? He peers out from behind the car, spying the stranger that had attracted the zed's attention.

Senrain squints at him through his cracked glasses, the guy didn't look like he had a weapon. Why is just standing th-

Sen's eyes widen as several tentacles whip out from where the man's arms were supposed to be, striking the zombie several times with terrifying speed. The zombie slumps to the ground with a broken neck.

"Oh shi!-" Senrain audibly exclaims, before clamping a hand over his mouth. He ducks back behind the car. Did that guy... no... thing hear him?!

Offline roushguy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
Ludo wasn't a very tall guy, in fact, he was a midget. This did not, however, prevent him from toting around a compound bow. He was watching, silently, from inside the car Senrain leaned against. Stifling a yawn, he leans out the missing window and rolls to the ground next to Senrain, calmly pulling an arrow out of his fur quiver, nocking and drawing it in one smooth motion, and punching an undead child's eye out. The rotting creature slumps without a sound. The halfman was clothed in furs and denim, a leather vest with a jean jacket over it, moccasins, and leather pants. He nods to Senrain, reaches out and yanks the child's corpse closer, and starts to butcher it with a combat knife he pulls from a shoulder sheath.

Offline Tee

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 08:17:13 AM »
From a nearby belltower of the town's church, Tee looks anxiously through the scope of his trusty rifle. Below he sees a mutant and a survivor. One lesson he's learned in his days is never to trust anybody. A shot rings out and the tentacled man-beast hears a ping from the bullet on the hood of a car to his right. "Damn, forgot to adjust for wind" Tee whispers under his breath. He pulls around and hides behind a pillar of the tower, beginning to adjust his scope for another shot.
I love you. Yes, you. Will you marry me?

Offline Tee

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 08:18:59 AM »
(Holy dunk nuggets. Ive been wanting to write a Cataclysm story for a while, but I haven tbeen able to get any good character ideas. But this is perfect. Would you fellows mind if I use your characters for a story? A tentacled man, a normal survivor, an untrusting crack shot and a bow weilding midget. Its perfect.)

Offline roushguy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 08:21:49 AM »
(Go right ahead, broski, but remember that Ludo Ralf takes Ugly to whole new levels. He's a grizzled, unwashed mountain man, obviously a midget, and his head is even more deformed than usual; he's probably got Paget's Disease. His hair's brown, his eyes are green, he's four-two and one-fifty, and walks with a strange, rolling gait, like he's at sea or something.)

Offline Tee

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 08:24:20 AM »
(Go right ahead, broski, but remember that Ludo Ralf takes Ugly to whole new levels. He's a grizzled, unwashed mountain man, obviously a midget, and his head is even more deformed than usual; he's probably got Paget's Disease. His hair's brown, his eyes are green, he's four-two and one-fifty, and walks with a strange, rolling gait, like he's at sea or something.)

Is it safe to assume he's a gruff, angry little man who enjoys whiskey?

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 08:24:35 AM »
Nickboom after taking care of the zombie heard a loud ping off to his right, he had been alive long enough to know that was gunfire. Nickboom quickly ducked behind the car to his right and pulled out a Glock. Over the weeks, while not as good as he was before the tentacles, he had learned how to wield and fire a gun accurately with his tentacles. Nickboom knew that the shot came from behind him, peeking from his hiding spot Nickboom noticed a tall tower suitable for sniping. Nickboom moved in to the buildings on his right for cover and to push up to get to the tower.

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »
(Its fine to use my guy, he is tall and a long time survivor but recently got those tentacles. He doesnt look too bad except for the tentacles :P. Other then that he is very calculated and sometimes cold)

Offline roushguy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 08:28:12 AM »
(Ludo doesn't drink liqour. Or beer. Claims it fucks with his aim. He is, however, plenty surly, and was capable, in the WFRP campaign I originally played him in, of killing a Chosen of Khorne with a single arrow to the head. 30+ damage. It was nuts. I killed, in one shot, before the battle ever started, the campaign's BBEG.)

Offline Tee

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
After adjusting his scope, Tee quickly peeked around the corner. The mutant was no longer in sight, and neither was the survivor. He knew that a sniper should never stay in one place long. He scampered over to the oppositre side of the tower and lowered himself down onto the roof of the church. After a short sprint he thrust his legs and flung himself across an alleyway and onto the roof of a grocery store. Rolling to avoid breaking his legs, he tossed his backpack aside and got into position quickly. Months of surviving had honed his skills. taking aim once more he saw the mutant peeking out of a building. He took aim, preparing to fire, when suddely a corpse that had been sitting on the ground behind him began to awake.

Offline roushguy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »
Ludo hauls himself to his feet, divests the butchered corpse of a prescription bottle of painkillers, and spins an arrow idly through his fingers. Then he starts singing an ancient Irish song, loudly and lustily, as he hops up on the car's roof. He stops for a moment, laughing happily as a burnt-looking, twitching corpse staggers around the corner of a house. An instant later, the thrum of his bow pins the creature's arm to its skull, and it collapses, as more begin to converge on the mad little archer.

Offline Tee

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 08:36:57 AM »
(Its fine to use my guy, he is tall and a long time survivor but recently got those tentacles. He doesnt look too bad except for the tentacles :P. Other then that he is very calculated and sometimes cold)

(Great. Thanks, man.

My character is very loosely based after me. A good shot, quick and quiet, and a shoot first kind of person.
I guess it'd be a good idea to describe our characters for this rp, too.
Tee (me) is about 6 feet tall, pretty slim, long, lanky arms and legs. He (I) almost always wears a beanie and an old, vietnam era air force jacket. Tee has standard issue military pants, too, in forest camo. After raiding a laundrymat outside of an army base. He looks into his scope through a pair of  thick eyeglasses. He carrys a rifle with a wooden stock. On one side of the stock, 43 notches are etched in with a knife. On the other side, six small stick figures. 43 zombies and 6 people killed. )

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 08:43:25 AM »
(Forgot to mention my guy has a tee shirt under his trenchcoat. He is wearing cargo pants and steel toe boots. Also sunglasses and yes im corny like that, I wear them in game too :P)

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 05:50:50 PM »
As Nickboom looked around the corner he noticed what appeared to be a dwarf standing a top a car singing. Nickboom rushs over to help the man handle the nearby zombie along his way 2 corpses jump up from the ground surprising Nickboom but otherwise not phasing him. Nickboom swiftly picks up the zombies snaps their neck and rips the bodies to prevent them from rising again.