Author Topic: Vehicle Show and Tell  (Read 216504 times)

Offline Greiger

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Show and Tell
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »
I don't feel like hotlinking somebody's images so here's a youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88e3vpFmebw

It's a huge armored truck from Land of the Dead.  One of the Romero zombie movies.
I have a mod!  It has new vehicles! Like 3 wheeled microcars, dune buggies, trailer parks, and tanker trucks!
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=13738.0
It may be, just slightly outdated :P

Offline Sep

• NPC
  • turretting triffids
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 10:09:35 PM »
PPPS: This started life as a Flatbed truck.

awesome extension! did you make the doors safe somehow?  i pulled over to sleep in the woods and got woken up by a bear standing on the central console with the passenger door still closed.  i realize i need an enclosed sleeping space like you've built, but heck, i expected to hear some bashing or something

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »
On the main cab the corners are open I think.

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 01:30:35 AM »
Dead Reckoning feels like overkill to me.
Most of the time they could have simly run em over. :P

Offline Sep

• NPC
  • turretting triffids
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 02:48:30 AM »
On the main cab the corners are open I think.

yes, thanks, i'm driving over to the crash-site i cleaned up a few days ago to get the steel i need for plating to fix that.  after a 2 yr run with no science labs and only a bubble car the rng blessed me with a flatbed like yours and !5! science labs plus a coal mine in easy driving distance, so i got plenty of juice to build up my truck.    i already added a row of spikes and then plating before the engine and cloned the last row for extra storage. the dual tanks give amazing mileage as is.

one small change i'd make is to move the wall behind the driver back by one for 2 extra storage bins reachable from the driver's position. .. but onwards, i must get that steel before sun-down so i can sleep in that thing without another bear coming in to visit.  thank jeebs, i had a charged tazer on me or it would have been game-over!

Offline Sep

• NPC
  • turretting triffids
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 03:06:31 AM »
Most of the time they could have simly run em over. :P
that's how i feel about fences and turrets now :)

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 08:03:39 AM »
I ran a fungal tower over. :P Trashed the loot mobile doing it.  It was a save clone for me to screw around a bit.

Offline Reservoir

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »

Here it is. My first vehicle built from nothing (Thanks god the garage was full of wrenches, welders, parts and jerrycans, best garage 2013)

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:52 PM »
Cool stuff. Though I don't think the roof does anything unless you are surrounded in roofs, doors, and boards.

Offline Elissia

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »
This is my preferred design for scouting and light foraging

That's mostly a stock motorcycle, but with parts salvaged from a semi. The engine is a 5.77l V8 and I replaced the standard back tire with a frame and added two of the semi's wide wheels. Plating goes on the front wheel and usually a blade in the front for fun. Three total gas tanks means you can cover a good bit of ground, and there's room to expand backwards if you so desire.

Offline Reservoir

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 11:55:45 PM »
I've discovered that park's slides, when dissembled, give you steel plating. Heck yeah

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 01:20:07 AM »
Good info!

Offline geldonyetich

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »
Well, now I just feel like a pansy with my mere solar powered car with a blade on the front.

3 storage batteries, a large electric engine, and a solar panel.  I've since added a roof and moved the tires inward to avoid them getting damaged on things I clip.

I'm not sure what the rules are for solar panels to work properly.  I've been experimenting with various placements to try to stop my solar panel from getting trashed but then it seems as though it might not be charging the car.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:39:19 PM by geldonyetich »

Offline Sep

• NPC
  • turretting triffids
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »

here's my rig. the driver sits in the center and has storage to his left and right, the door to the rear gives great visibility for parking and combat. extra plated windows for visibility. two 5 wide rows of lights, one in the front, one by the windshields; also 4 extra lights mounted in the body, two on each side, make a pretty decent cone of light for night-time roadside operations.  it has the biggest engine i could find, 4 tanks, plus built in solar and hydogen storage. plating all around. three mufflers just in case that three's better than one. it once vaporized a squirrel for 6500 damage. it does not like swamp beasts but can take out entire towns doing wheelies without getting scratched much. when the spikes fall off, i put on new ones. the single blade up-front makes steering it even easier.

tl;dr? that ok :) its a work in progress!

Offline Sep

• NPC
  • turretting triffids
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »
Cool stuff. Though I don't think the roof does anything unless you are surrounded in roofs, doors, and boards.

sad but true.  Reservoir's info to the rescue! :)