Author Topic: Vehicle Show and Tell  (Read 222458 times)

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Show and Tell
« Reply #1260 on: June 23, 2017, 05:41:29 PM »
I have a 120mm RWS that is so heavy I am unable to pick it up in order to repair it.  Any ideas on how I can repair this?

I ran into pretty much the same problem as you. Only solution I had was to install hydraulic muscles on my survivor, giving her just enough strength to pick up the object.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 23, 2017, 09:34:54 PM »
Another question.  I have a harpoon rack.  I can't seem to put anything in it.  What is a harpoon rack for if not to hold harpoons for the weapon?

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 24, 2017, 02:25:05 AM »
Another question.  I have a harpoon rack.  I can't seem to put anything in it.  What is a harpoon rack for if not to hold harpoons for the weapon?
Racks are currently broken. They used to hold ammo of a given kind and allow vehicle weapons to have higher capacity, but ammo handling was changed without updating them.
The hollow earth and the Dyson sphere share an origin? Do some research

Offline Nickal

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 24, 2017, 05:29:12 AM »
Back after so long. Honest question. How has this not been stickied yet?
"When you poop in your dreams, you poop for real."
The furious ferret furry flew into a fury as it flung a fury of flurries at a fabulous flamingo furry forfeiting fame into a fire.

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 24, 2017, 11:01:58 AM »
yeah, racks are depreciated because weapons can now be reloaded directly while they are attached to a vehicle rather then the old way of them hoovering up ammo that was placed in the same space as them.  this also depreciated the military seat since those were only needed because they had 0 storage, allowing weapons to be installed over them.

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 25, 2017, 02:59:47 AM »
All good then. Simply waiting on some things to be fixed is normal with an experimental version.

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
  • A mischievous little draconic bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 27, 2017, 08:30:20 PM »
Did the engine thing ever get fixed or are we still limited to one engine?

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 28, 2017, 03:36:36 AM »
yes engines have been changed so you can link engines.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 12, 2017, 04:57:20 AM »
Swivel chair made of 3 tanned hulk hides.

Offline KiBoy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 13, 2017, 07:40:44 AM »
Swivel chair made of 3 tanned hulk hides.

Do you slouch in that seat, sipping wine and watching the world burn before your very eyes?

Anyway, back on topic, not really much from me at this point. I usually try to make huge vehicles, but get bored of them never being finished and abandon the game.

This time I'm considering instead of making welding rigs and forges and the like, just using a single cargo space with UPS installed for all my needs, which will save me a lot of space for cargo spaces. And if I could get my hands on a portal, I'd probably wouldn't even need a huge mobile fortress anymore.

I do recall that UPS used to be a b***h on my previous vehicles. It drained ungodly amount of power. I actually have a question about that, does the UPS keep charging when everything UPS-modded inside is at full power?

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 13, 2017, 08:17:13 AM »
Looking at that makes me kinda wish that you can mount animals or monsters. Imagine the possibilities of chaining together a chariot pulled by several hulk slaves. It'll be amazing, and kinda hilarious.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 13, 2017, 11:57:21 PM »
does the UPS keep charging when everything UPS-modded inside is at full power?

Yes, you have to manually switch off the charger. It's a minor pain, but I've found it's manageable in my current mobile base, Which is basically a luxury RV with some more storage, way more solar panels, a ram on the front taken off a military humvee, and a grenade launcher for clearing wreckage. If I had to to give up a bunch of cargo spaces for a welding rig and kitchen buddy and stuff, it wouldn't be big enough.

Offline Taraq

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 16, 2017, 01:32:42 AM »
When you're in year 9 in a 50x spawn world with PK's Rebalancing installed, you build the biggest battle bus you can.

What sort of starting build lets you manage the first day in 50x?

quoting flame but he appears to be less than online this month so anyone else who plays insanity feel free to answer
I wrote a thingy.

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 16, 2017, 10:17:46 PM »
NPCs on. get enough NPCs to spawn near you and they will fight the monsters for you.

Offline mlololoer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 20, 2017, 06:53:04 AM »

Cargo dimensions ftw