Author Topic: Vehicle Show and Tell  (Read 233874 times)

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Show and Tell
« Reply #1275 on: August 21, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »
A vehicle that majestic needs a name. At least you capitalized the C, so Its a proper noun instead of just a vehicle type
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline BrokenGaming

• Zombie Food
  • Old Skool Gaming?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 26, 2017, 04:48:54 AM »
Made a "Military Bike" [http://imgur.com/a/59DZG][/url]
You son of a... That's my bike!

Offline BrokenGaming

• Zombie Food
  • Old Skool Gaming?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 26, 2017, 04:50:38 AM »
Sorry I'm new,
You son of a... That's my bike!

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
  • A mischievous little draconic bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 26, 2017, 06:01:55 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/59DZG

Here ya go bro. Fixed it for ya.

Why the foldable frames? Pretty sure most of those parts aren't foldable.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 27, 2017, 01:26:26 AM »
When you're in year 9 in a 50x spawn world with PK's Rebalancing installed, you build the biggest battle bus you can.

What sort of starting build lets you manage the first day in 50x?

quoting flame but he appears to be less than online this month so anyone else who plays insanity feel free to answer
I have no idea. This world is MMR's fourth world, I think. I move worlds when they get too big or a big game change occurs. Starting with my third world I cranked up the spawn rate from 1x to 50x and the loot rate from 1x to 2.5x.

My greatest secret is this: I'm not actually good at Cata. I'm pretty terrible actually. I just got really lucky, and kept that luck going so long that I ended up acquiring the most overpowered character on the forums.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 27, 2017, 10:01:50 PM »
mlololoer, you gotta replace weak engines with strong ones. the total power output of engines is partially based on an average. so 2 strong and one weak engine gives less power then just 2 strong ones.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 28, 2017, 09:43:55 PM »
Cargo dimensions ftw

That is... REMARKABLY similar to the layout I use.

I generally use spikes on the front instead of rams, I arrange the back portion slightly differently (an extra chair for sleeping in the dark/carrying an NPC), and you have an extra row between the driver's seat and the back... weird.  I suppose it makes sense (every part of that layout is there for a reason), but it still feel strange.

I generally name it the ArmoredMeCarrier.  I might have posted it earlier in this thread...
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline Grand sage

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 20, 2017, 01:17:23 AM »
Hmm, hope this isnt the wrong place to ask questions about vehicles.

I had an idea for a three-wheeled motorcycle:

-o-
  #
¤=¤

"o" = wheel
"-" = mirror
"#" = seat, controls
"=" = box (with solar panel on top?)
"¤" = Wheel, gasoline tank and solar panel.

Now, I was hoping you all could tell me if there is room to fit an electric and a gasoline engine in there, and if the setup is at all possible, as I havn't really built vehicles before.

Any suggestions, critics or Improvements are also welcome.
Breaking down cats with a hacksaw or torch tends to skill up mechanics rather fast

Offline Umbra Vorago

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 20, 2017, 01:59:19 AM »
Well, yes you could put an electric motor and a gas engine on that, also a battery to hold electricity power and a gas tank to hold the gas. I mean there's not really anything to critique unless you tell us what it's for.

I mean if you tell us that you're going to be using that to mow down a zombie horde, I 'might' be able to pick out one or two flaws... But I'd much rather salute you and watch you drive away in to the sunset never to be seen again.

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
  • ...the shadows cutting deeper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 20, 2017, 04:04:55 AM »
I'd go for a cargo carrier or trunk instead of a box. More space to put stuff in it.

The mirrors are not necessary, you should be able to see behind you just fine without them. You could put some blades in their places instead, for some points in badassery.

You might not be able to properly power an electric engine with only 1 solar panel. Even if you put solar panels on most of the vehicle, it might not be enough, especially not for longer trips. It would be acceptable as an emergency engine though, I guess.

You might want to put some seatbelts on your seat :P

Put a window or something similar on the front wheel. Anything you can see through and stops movement through it, basically. You don't want stuff to hit you directly if you happen to ram something in the way. Even something small can cause quite some damage on your character if the speed is high enough.

You could try a different version of this bike with either a welding station or a fridge attached to the point where the box currently is. Both of those options can hold a certain amount of items as well and have more functions, they do block your movement though and drain power when active. Still, a place to put your perishables, or a vehicle mounted welding tool to fix any damages might be extremely useful for you, especially if you're going hybrid.
Again, a single solar panel won't be enough to power a fridge nonstop - even 3-4 aren't enough I believe, dependinig on the solar panel, but you don't have to keep it running all the time, so...yea.

You might want to put frames or something similar on the sides of your seat. That way you can put a roof on all 9 tiles and your Seat would be considered to be completely roofed, negating any debuffs from being in the rain. Those can't stack up quite high if you have to drive around in the rain for a while.

While speaking of rain, with an extra tank, a funnel and a faucet you could have your vehicle automatically catch rainwater. You still need to clean the water, but having some spare rainwater might be very useful.

Some of my ideas for your little motorcycle, Grand Sage. Most of them should be quite easy to do and would improve the overall utility of the vehicle. Of course you wouldn't be able to do all of them, due to the small size of the vehicle, but that's what I'm workign with.

Offline Grand sage

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 20, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »
Thx for the feedback.

While I can see where you are going with this, you are turning my motorcycle into a three-wheeled car Kadian! Still, I might want to replace one of my gasoline tanks with a storage battery of some sort.

You were quite right that the solar engine isn't supposed to get me everywhere. Ideally, i would want to get top-speed out of the gasoline engine and max mileage from the solar engine. Any idea what kinda engine types im looking for?

well, Umbra, if i put a windshield and a little spiked plating up front, couldn't I take down a zombie or 2? :)
Breaking down cats with a hacksaw or torch tends to skill up mechanics rather fast

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
  • ...the shadows cutting deeper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 20, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »
I just gave you ideas on how to improve the utility and safety of your vehicle. Even if you want to keep the motorcycle feel, I'd strongly recommend something bigger than a box as cargo space, or you will hate yourself eventually when you have too much loot to take with you.
Spiked plating and a windshield up front would give you the ability  to drive over a lone zombie or two, you would need to make sure it's a reinforced windshield though or you'd have to repair it very regularly. Still, your vehicle isn't all that great for head-on collision, because it's too light - crash into  anything and you'd loose most of your speed, even if it's just a  single zombie. you would also need a lot of  speed in the collision, or you might not make enough damage, this is also related to the weight :)

If you want pure speed for your vehicle, simply find the biggest engine you can. For Gasoline, the maximum is a V12 Engine, for Diesel its a V8. If you want to have even more speed, grab 2 fuel tanks and a Diesel and a Gasoline Engine - that way you can use both fuels, and you can use both engines at the same time for an enormous speed boost, if necessary.
Of course, the bigger the Engine is, the more fuel it uses up, you always have to remember that. a V8 Gas or V6 Diesel would still give you a nice top speed without using quite as much fuel as their bigger cousins.

For the electric engine, you probably want to look for a small electric motor, or a normal electric motor. Depending on the weight of your vehicle, the small electric motor might actually not be able to move it all that well - the type of frames and fuel-engines you're using would be the main factor there. A normal electric motor would definitely be able to move your vehicle, but it will eat through your power supply relatively quickly in the current setup. Big or enhanced electric motors aren't an option at all, you would probably empty out your batteries in a matter of minutes, because you basically have nothing but a single solar panel to get power.

Offline Grand sage

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 20, 2017, 05:52:40 PM »
Definitely going for the motorcycle feel. So probably more saddle then seat anyways.

As for the engines, that's gonna be real helpful, thx! However, I count 3 solar panels? all on the back row?.

I'd love to have both gasoline and diesel engines, but I cant see where they should go :P

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 20, 2017, 08:43:07 PM »
Definitely going for the motorcycle feel. So probably more saddle then seat anyways.

As for the engines, that's gonna be real helpful, thx! However, I count 3 solar panels? all on the back row?.

I'd love to have both gasoline and diesel engines, but I cant see where they should go :P

The seatbelt is because you WILL fly off your vehicle and probably die if you hit anything at a reasonable speed. Consider your survivor smart enough to realize that a seatbelt is advisable when running over zoms at an almost mandatory ~60+MPH Brave as they may be, its going to be hard to hold onto the handlebars when that speed reduces to near 0 because 1 zombie was hit.... or a squirrel.

Edit: small vehichles are fun and funny unless your not saving, not wearing seatbelts, and care about your character. Then its just alot of frustrated character creation.
It's the Segway of Doooooooooooooom!
(click to show/hide)

FYI: Doing 100 on this thing with no seatbelt and hitting a zombie is a bad idea.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:51:27 PM by Litppunk »
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 20, 2017, 08:45:22 PM »
Main reason why I switched from having a bed for a drivers seat to an actual seat the 5 point harness.