Some quick notes:
* While the .po files are text files, and you can just edit them with any editor you want, there are tools specifically for editing .po files available (for example Poedit
) which might make it a little easier.
* Entries like "%s" and "%d" in lines are automatically replaced with another word or name or number, so leave these in your translation, but move them to wherever is appropriate.
* There are a lot of strings to translate! Translation can be done bit by bit, perhaps just translate the most obvious items to start with.
* While there are a lot of translatable strings already, the translation files are by no means complete. There is a lot more to be added later, but any work done now will be transferred forwards, so it won't have to be done again.
* If you are translating, it would be good to post and let others know, so that work is not duplicated.
* If there's any issue with translation (such as impossible or ambiguous cases), i can try to fix it. There will
be issues. Raise them here in the translations forum, or on the github issue tracker.
I'm looking forward to testing Cata-DDA with some real translations ;).