Author Topic: OOC: That RP Thread (check in here before joining, please?)  (Read 325281 times)

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Something I saw over on the UQM board: separate thread for out/character posts.

I was considering participating, but all I've got is The Man With The Hands and his noticeably less combat-monstered-out 28Jun counterpart.  Not sure either would fit in--they're "food shortage? find & slaughter the nearest spider" types.

(IRL may get real busy, too.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:54:56 AM by KA101 »

Offline FunsizeNinja123

• Survivor
  • Bleeding sand
    • View Profile
Re: OOC: That RP Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:28:22 AM »
The more the merrier! But make sure that you join in at an appropriate time and write up a little backstory,  or just be mysterious,  kind of like me
"Pretty, yep." John Candlebury, on herself.
"Dynamic NPCs turns this game into an ASCII DayZ." ~ChristopherWalken
"Ninjas are so tasty." ~Kevin Granade himself
"This ain't Terraria.  Your wings are not powered by the Soul of Flight." ~KA101
"Never has my snake been more solid..."

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 02:06:35 PM »
Re Inquisitor Dust's wanting to play an Antagonist alongside xyr current character: I'd just as soon xe not.  So far the dynamics seem to work reasonably well, lute-interrogation notwithstanding, and I'd hate to see that disrupted.

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 04:50:31 PM »
Re Inquisitor Dust's wanting to play an Antagonist alongside xyr current character: I'd just as soon xe not.  So far the dynamics seem to work reasonably well, lute-interrogation notwithstanding, and I'd hate to see that disrupted.
Oh hey, I suppose I should starting posting ooc here.
Yeah, I was thinking that it might cause some difficulties. I do, however, feel like we should have somebody play an antagonist character at some point.
Occasional browser and player.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
Yeah.  I can understand wanting an antagonist, but I'd hate it for the antagonist to still have a character in the "party", if you will.

As for using the OOC thread for OOC: it's not like I can make anyone use it.  If inline-OOC works, that's all that matters.  Just seemed like a good idea over on the UQM forums.

I see players having mutations and bionics--even artifacts--but the FBA isn't working and the best mutation so far seems to be some level of Night Vision.  (Guessing High at least? standard NV can be taken at chargen, so I imagine it wouldn't mess up one's eyes.)  Man with the Hands would be overpowered for the group, but he didn't have a problem with NPCs so I'm not sure he'd make a good antagonist.

Will post his stats once I look them up.  Haven't played that file in a while.
Here he is:
Ka'lol, The Man With The Hands
02FebBugfix Cata DDA

Story: Goo canister managed to corrode its way open, linked up with some Marloss berries he was storing nearby, and got into the abbatoir next door.  Jabberwock resulted*.  He managed to kill the thing--good workout, too--but the Lab is breached and isn't suitable for further habitation.  Since he'd about accomplished all he could at that location, he decided to pack up the gear and look for a few good survivors.

*02Feb was back in the days when cooking rotten food turned it fresh, but for story purposes he knows how to age meat properly.

Physical description:
Ka'lol is 6"2" (not quite 2 meters, IIRC) tall.  Eyes are blue, feline pupils, and definitely *gleam*.  Skin is somewhat reddish-brown but looks vaguely insectoid, with dull black strips here and there (chiefly in place of sunscreen or eye-black.) He wears an army helmet (woodland) over a large skull and pair of horns, which protrude out from the forehead much like those on a bull. They look like they've been around for a while.  The safety glasses and bandana are actually fairly commonplace post-apocalypse: Ka'lol's is olive green.
Most of his body is obscured by a thoroughly patched, blooded, repatched, and reblooded trenchcoat. He wears it unbuttoned, apparently for access to the belt rig visible inside. He's got camouflage pants (woodland) and sneakers visible underneath.  For some reason, his hands always seem to be behind his back, in his pockets, or linked inside his sleeves when you're looking.

He moves quickly and quietly, even under a new moon.

Technical description begins:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:10:00 PM by KA101 »

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »
As for using the OOC thread for OOC: it's not like I can make anyone use it.  If inline-OOC works, that's all that matters.  Just seemed like a good idea over on the UQM forums.
I'm all for having a seperate OOC thread myself. It helps keep the IC thread 'cleaner'.

I'd love to see Ka'Lol in the RP. I can see him being over-powered compared to the other characters could be a problem, but you could just take away some of his stuff or play as an earlier version of him. We'll see what the others have to say.

And I feel silly, what does FBA mean?

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
  • Nickboom 2: The Return of the Nickboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 11:57:01 PM »
Holy thats not op thats like op op :P I agree that he should have some fairly good items mutations bionics and stats but the guy you just showed is like 4 hulks with the smartness of Einstein.
"Forrest's snuggle meter is running low. Jacklyn will have to get aggressive."

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »
I'm all for having a seperate OOC thread myself. It helps keep the IC thread 'cleaner'.

I'd love to see Ka'Lol in the RP. I can see him being over-powered compared to the other characters could be a problem, but you could just take away some of his stuff or play as an earlier version of him. We'll see what the others have to say.

Fusion Blaster Arm.

It's good to have beehives and Labs out the wazoo, I guess.  If you're still in springtime, I'd lose the vest and probably the hoodie too.  He's dressed for late winter, but Shoes (and socks ;-) ) hadn't gotten into mainline at that point so it was optional.

(His current-counterpart is operating with Belt Rig/Skirt/Hard Arm Guards in summertime, and still gets too hot.  X-( )

You can have most of the gear...anything that's not in the Significant list he'd probably be willing to give/trade/install for you.  He doesn't need his Rapier or Machete anymore.  If you're a crack shot for humanity, the .44/Marlin/Saiga-12/Remington/P90/MP5/Railgun are all free to a good home.  The Glock & M1911, less so but it's not like he ever used them.  Teladefectiophobia* is a pain.

*Latin-English dictionary: Fear of running out of ammunition.

As for the IN: you'll need about that much to deal with an Amigara fault in melee.  Any less and you're risking paralysis-lock and de-facto instakill.

Rest assured that it'd be extremely difficult to create this guy in 0.6, so if you'd rather I fetch that one, I'll grab those stats shortly.

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »

Rest assured that it'd be extremely difficult to create this guy in 0.6, so if you'd rather I fetch that one, I'll grab those stats shortly.
You don't really have to have the stats for your character unless you want to. I'm not sure if anyone is actually basing theirs off of the stats of an actual character. If you want to be Ka'Lol just, tone it down a bit with the mutations and maybe the bionics.

On an unrelated note, you should totally answer Cathrine's question Nick :p

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »
For comparison, Edmund (me, lol) does have an ingame counterpart with stats and such, but I reference them indirectly or descriptively rather than with hard values in rp. It's not like anyone is going to be up for measuring 14 versus 15 strength beyond an arm-wrestle anyway.
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

STD

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 07:50:41 AM »
Double posted so removed/merged with new post. I remember trying to join an RP on the old forums but I think I left before it got started. Made a decent character card which I found. Yay. I'll post if for shits and giggles:

(click to show/hide)

Female, 30
5' 4"
115 lbs

Ashely was born, raised, and still lives in the south - Atlanta, Georgia to be precise - and is considered by many to be a bit of a tomboy, as wild and as free spirited as they come. She is quick to make friends but even quicker to tell you what she thinks and doesn't bother sugar coating it either. When she isn't busy working as a courier, she spends her free time alternating between the local gun range, boxing gym, or hanging out at her cousins' motorcycle shop fixing up rides. She arrived in Boston two days ago when she received news that a friend had been killed during one of the recent tremors in the area.

Inventory

Torso : T-Shirt, Motorcycle Jacket (2 FP)

(Cigarettes [20], Lighter [100])

Hands : Wrist Watch, Motorcycle Gloves
    Waist : Leather Belt
    Legs  : Panties, Blue Jeans (2 FP, 2 BP), Motorcycle Knee Pads

(Wallet [ID, Credit Card, Cash, Photo, Ticket Stub], Keys, Coins)

Feet  : Socks, Boots
    Other : Motorcycle (2 Containers)

(Saddlebags [Bottle of Water [2], Bag of Chips [1], Bottle of Aspirin [1], Motorcycle Helmet, Miscellaneous Junk])
         (Small Backpack [Change of Clothes])
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:52:20 AM by STD »

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 06:48:04 AM »
I love the picture! And I'm all for having another female character. As I believe I said when I introduced Catherine, GENDER EQUALITY!

Offline vultures

• Survivor
  • Reticulating Splines.
    • View Profile
    • The Causeway
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 06:30:20 PM »
Are you sure that's not a hairdryer in her hand? Love your shirt honey, very falloutish. :-)
"On Labor Day the vultures disappeared. Nobody could remember when they had not circled early dawn.  Death's falcons.  Turning miles above the arid northwest reaches of Tribeca tethered by scent."

The Absent Vultures of Tribeca
by Douglas Anthony Cooper

Offline kilozombie

• Survivor
  • Don't trip on the (me) on the way in, har har
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 09:56:29 PM »
Hey, people who do the RP thread!

I have a plot device that could play into your group, involving the modest man in my current stories. If you could tell me, really quickly, who exactly is in the group and where, I'd appreciate it. If not, I can look through the thread a bit and find out, but it'd help.

(Also, he's an antagonist who tries to shoot everyone. Not a long-term character, just a cameo basically.)

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 10:06:49 PM »
Random banditry abound! I will try to tell you what is going on. The majority of the group (Cathrine, Nick, Ninja, Billy, Dave, Vulture, Snow and Alfred, might be missing a few)  is at the house with the exception of Edmund who has run off into the woodeses. Eustace is doing is bat thang somewhere, not sure if he/she is still going to be in the RP. So... Yeah.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:25:29 PM by Inquisitor Dust »