Author Topic: Broken bones  (Read 7621 times)

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Broken bones
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 05:27:19 AM »
Lol.  I didn't realize this until after my character had died.  His name was Mark Hamilton...  He was one armed for a long time.  He used melee weapons, mainly a fire axe. :P

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 08:01:38 AM »
You can make improvised bandage from booze and rag, which trains first aid.

You can also cauterize your self, if you have mesochism trait.

Offline hexman

• NPC
  • no longer lurk here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
Thread necromancy and all, still better then making my own thread for no apparent reason.  I have a character with all the basic skills to make a splint... except first aid.  How can you train a lil bit of first aid so you can make one of these?

Both kinds of splints require 1 survival and 1 first aid and are easily craftable using common items. Survival can be easily raised by foraging and butchering stuff. First-aid can be tricky though, though it can be raised by using healing items (like bandages) on yourself the only sure way to increase it is to read books like The Big Book of First Aid, Pocket Guide to First Aid, etc. These are easily available in Town-Libraries, Schools, Mansions, House-Basements, etc. My last character was able to increase First Aid to 1 by trying to repair large amounts of damage burning through all my bandage (~15 iirc).

On a side note, this thread is 4 years old. Rivet's point was that it was still valid after 2 months. You should've asked in Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions or created your own thread.
"I've played since the eighties! I've seen more dungeons than Torquemada! I've killed more explorers than malaria! I've kicked in more doors than the LAPD and I've opened more chests than a M*A*S*H unit! Crom help me, I have ascended a Tourist." - Rob Balder (NetHack Parody Song)

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »
I don't see any admins having an issue with my post. :P Keep your opinion on such things to yourself.

Offline hexman

• NPC
  • no longer lurk here
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 08:43:59 AM »
I don't see any admins having an issue with my post. :P Keep your opinion on such things to yourself.

Whatever you say... but don't you think 4 years necro for a single question is a little bit of a stretch? Tips Tricks and Newb questions is there for that.
"I've played since the eighties! I've seen more dungeons than Torquemada! I've killed more explorers than malaria! I've kicked in more doors than the LAPD and I've opened more chests than a M*A*S*H unit! Crom help me, I have ascended a Tourist." - Rob Balder (NetHack Parody Song)

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2017, 02:30:02 AM »
Hexman, piss off and die in a fire.  I don't care what you think.  Keep your sorry excuse of an opinion to yourself.  You are not a moderator or anything of the kind.  Get over yourself.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2017, 06:10:35 AM »
Hexman, piss off and die in a fire.  I don't care what you think.  Keep your sorry excuse of an opinion to yourself.  You are not a moderator or anything of the kind.  Get over yourself.

Well THAT escalated quickly.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline hexman

• NPC
  • no longer lurk here
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 06:40:25 AM »

Well, neither do I; but it wasn't me who resurrected a 4-year old thread. You don't have to be so flamey about it. Chill out dude.

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 07:15:27 PM »
I do when they keep coming back to bother me more and put their two cents in.  So go fuck yourself telling me to chill.  How about you just take your happy piece of shit ass elsewhere.

Offline Alec White

• Zombie Food
  • I'm shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »
You can spam using bandages/FAKs or other medical items on yourself/NPCs if you find enough, but the efficient method is to find one of the low skill first aid books and read it.

Didn't cauterize worked too?

You could break a window and pass it to get small wounds to heal. And then use bandages.

A few days ago I don't remember who used the method of self-inflicted wounds on IRC to grind first aid. I think he used a nail plank trap.

Well, neither do I; but it wasn't me who resurrected a 4-year old thread.

No one cares about that.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2017, 08:49:37 PM »
You can spam using bandages/FAKs or other medical items on yourself/NPCs if you find enough, but the efficient method is to find one of the low skill first aid books and read it.

Didn't cauterize worked too?

You could break a window and pass it to get small wounds to heal. And then use bandages.

I had one game where I had managed to install some CBMs, but then I wanted to grind First Aid, and I used the Chain Lightning bionic to slightly injure myself in every location, then use 6 bandages to heal them.  Still took WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too long.

I've used to boomers to grind my dodge up to 7 before (you can only gain dodge from their spit after level 4), and I've made and disassembled stuff to get my electronics to 12+, so I know a bit about grinding.  Grinding first aid past the VERY early levels that way is, for all practical purposes, impossible.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline Alec White

• Zombie Food
  • I'm shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2017, 08:52:22 PM »
I had one game where I had managed to install some CBMs, but then I wanted to grind First Aid, and I used the Chain Lightning bionic to slightly injure myself in every location, then use 6 bandages to heal them.  Still took WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too long.

I've used to boomers to grind my dodge up to 7 before (you can only gain dodge from their spit after level 4), and I've made and disassembled stuff to get my electronics to 12+, so I know a bit about grinding.  Grinding first aid past the VERY early levels that way is, for all practical purposes, impossible.

More or less at what level does it become into a brick wall to grind?

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2017, 09:43:17 PM »

Well THAT escalated quickly.
Sorry.  Call it a pet peeve or whatever.  But jerks telling others what to do when they have no authority or true knowledge of the subject irk me.

Offline Zanos

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 09:57:48 PM »
I think there's a chance to get tetanus from that. Cut yourself with care.

Offline hexman

• NPC
  • no longer lurk here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2017, 08:22:09 AM »
No one cares about that.

Yeah I can see that. But this isn't the youtube comments man, you can't just flame people whenever you want.

I do when they keep coming back to bother me more and put their two cents in.  So go fuck yourself telling me to chill.  How about you just take your happy piece of shit ass elsewhere.

You don't make the rules here man; everyone has equal posting rights and right to post their opinion in any thread. You can't just tell someone to f*ck off just because you want them to.

Sorry.  Call it a pet peeve or whatever.  But jerks telling others what to do when they have no authority or true knowledge of the subject irk me.

Still, it doesn't justify trolling. And where did I demonstrate that I've the knowledge (or lack therof) of "the subject"? It was my assumption that necroing is frowned upon in this forum (when done needlessly) and instead of answering that you resorted to flaming. It isn't my fault that you can't answer people without flaming. I won't take this discussion further because it has been derailed enough.

I believe that this forum had rules, too bad this is not the case anymore.