Author Topic: We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas  (Read 862340 times)

Offline Ian Strachan

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 12:52:49 AM »
Here's a few:

- Fallout style: every square on the surface has background radiation.
- Crash enough vehicles together, and they will form a Transformer.
- "Vietnam Veteran" profession: One of your legs starts out permanently broken, and you have to wear a 'prosthesis' to avoid massively slowed movement.
- Instant Replay: When you die, the last 50 turns get replayed for you, so you get to see yourself get killed again.
- "One Percent"/"Bankster" profession. You start with a suit, dress shoes, and are overencumbered with gold bars and money bundles.
- Minecraft mode, where any time furniture or walls are destroyed, they pop into items and can be placed freely instead of breaking into two-by-fours and nails.
- Unreal Tournament style announcements for killing multiple zombies within a few turns of each other. KILLING SPREE!
- (Zombie) Dogs will leave you alone if you throw a Large Stick away from you.
- Some NPCs spawn in cars, and will turn hostile at the slightest provocation.
- Special game mode, Tower Defence. Like Defence, but the only things you can buy from the caravan are turrets, manhacks, and stacks of 9mm bullets.
- Furry Zombies. Always drop a Wolf Suit on death. Spawn en masse at convention centers.
- Illegal Immigrant trait. You can't talk to NPCs, read any books, or use computers at all because you don't speak English.
- Whenever you go into an elevator (office tower, apartment tower, etc) every 3 turns you get the message "You hear the sound of elevator music."

Reminds me of Dungeon Crawl's list of Bad Ideas... ( Cherrypicked | Full ~3500-entry list ).

Offline FunsizeNinja123

• Survivor
  • Bleeding sand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 12:56:25 AM »
Immigrant thing is a bit racy, man.
"Pretty, yep." John Candlebury, on herself.
"Dynamic NPCs turns this game into an ASCII DayZ." ~ChristopherWalken
"Ninjas are so tasty." ~Kevin Granade himself
"This ain't Terraria.  Your wings are not powered by the Soul of Flight." ~KA101
"Never has my snake been more solid..."

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 01:02:50 AM »
Seconding Ninja.  That's not cool.

/helped a trafficking victim back during internship

Offline Ian Strachan

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 01:06:26 AM »
"European Tourist", then? Just "Tourist" could imply from somewhere else in North America.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 01:09:38 AM »
"European Tourist", then? Just "Tourist" could imply from somewhere else in North America.

Leastwise in Germany, they taught English in the schools.  (I was an exchange student back in the day: one month.)  Probably just "Doesn't speak English"?

Offline Gatleos

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 01:44:25 AM »
One from my girlfriend:
(click to show/hide)

I'm so sorry.

trusty_patches

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
The Angry Mob - horde of NPCs armed with the shitloads of stones. If you're male, then you're safe and can pass by(however, don't get close nor eat bacon). If you're female... well, you'd better have some mask on you. And long pants. Or else you'll get stoned.
Bwankers! - Everything ingame is written in the australian accent.
Chikatilo profession - you are the serial killer. Schizophrenic, cannibal and suchalike. You should choose one heavily bad trait at the game start. And you do love killing little zombies.
Large Hard-On Collider - every weapon gets replaced with the various dildos and all the zombies are wearing some really kinky clothes. ENJOY YOUR STAY.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 07:07:35 PM »
Some of these are actually not terrible.
Has been seriously proposed, and I really don't see a problem with it.
- Instant Replay: When you die, the last 50 turns get replayed for you, so you get to see yourself get killed again.
This would actually be really cool, but impossible to do.
- Special game mode, Tower Defence. Like Defence, but the only things you can buy from the caravan are turrets, manhacks, and stacks of 9mm bullets.
I was actually planning on doing this at some point <_<
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 07:39:56 PM »
Some of these are actually not terrible.
Has been seriously proposed, and I really don't see a problem with it.
Namely:
1) We'd need a much higher resolution radiation system. 1 point every turn is way to much for most places to be survivable.
2) We don't really have a reasonable explanation for a "radaway" or some other magic radiation removal chemical to be omnipresent like in fallout
3) Even if atomic weapons had hit in every single crater, a lot of the radioactive fallout gets washed away or decays to a low enough level that it doesn't really hurt you (your future children are another matter) within the space of a few weeks. Most places wouldn't have a high enough amount to have any sort of noticeable effect on the character at all.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 08:27:04 PM »
Well the actual proposal was more along the lines of "pervasive radiation areas" than literally "every tile is irridated"
PROS:
Radsuit would pretty much eliminate the danger outside of heavily irridated areas.
Your exposure does tick down over time, and iodine tablets accelerate this.

CONS:
Need extensive and interesting underground areas to make it any fun.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Raital

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »
I really don't know if I should.  Oh well, I guess it can't hurt too much to go lower.

Traits:
Necrophilia:  The cataclysm has been your dream come true when it comes to sexual satisfaction.  Instead of smashing or butchering a corpse to stop it from reviving, you can perform sexual acts to it.  The blob, offended by this behavior, will flee the corpse and attack you.  As a result, the tainted flesh becomes normal human flesh instead.  Mmm, tasty!

Mutations:
Hygroscopic:  Your body's outer skin layer has taken on the feel of silica gel.  Whenever you are immersed in water, you regain hydration, and your hydration limit has risen.  Watch out, as there is a limit.  Should you become too hydrated, your body will burst like a water balloon.

Stat:
Coolness:  You make the impossible possible.  For every point in this stat, the probability of something cool happening goes up by 2.5%.  Examples include enemies exploding into ludicrous gibs just by touching them with your bare hands, shooting bullets that hit when they miss (through bouncing off of cars, walls, shrubs, whatever), crafting two items for the price of one, dodging explosions at point blank and taking no damage in the process, explosions caused by you becoming 5 times their normal size and damage (which doesn't hurt you either), and more.  Starts at 8 and 0% of cool things happening, because average is not cool.

Place:
Cow farm:  Automated cow farm that has continued in the absence of people.  Cows have mutated, and cowbots have become hostile to humans.  Beware milk.  Moo.

Companion:
A Giant Rock you've named (foo):  A big porous rock filled up with blob, this big guy is your best friend.  Whenever you are threatened, he will roll over your enemies for you.  He's the best friend you could ever have.  Yep.  Just remember, when you're sleeping, he's watching you.  Other friends you make might suffer strange squishing accidents, but this big guy will never abandon you. No sir.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:59:37 PM by Raital »

Offline FunsizeNinja123

• Survivor
  • Bleeding sand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 11:39:04 PM »
Not sure how I feel about Necro. I like the hydration and the cow place though.
"Pretty, yep." John Candlebury, on herself.
"Dynamic NPCs turns this game into an ASCII DayZ." ~ChristopherWalken
"Ninjas are so tasty." ~Kevin Granade himself
"This ain't Terraria.  Your wings are not powered by the Soul of Flight." ~KA101
"Never has my snake been more solid..."

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 12:38:39 AM »
Necrophilia is a consent-bypasser, so Eww.  Pretty meh on the others.  :-/

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 12:50:16 AM »
Place:
Cow farm:  Automated cow farm that has continued in the absence of people.  Cows have mutated, and cowbots have become hostile to humans.  Beware milk.  Moo.
This is definitely going in, with ostrich farms alongside. :P

It's crazy how some of these "bad" suggestions, while crazy, aren't actually that far off from things that could actually go in the game.

Offline Catfoodbob

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 01:44:09 AM »
Ultrahigh frequency emmitter- Scrambles what's left of zombies brains, scrambles your brains, Pisses spiders off, and all in all is very annoying. just remember to wear earplugs

Gyrocopters- "Fun".

Kittens- oh god, they are everywhere... Poor bunnys :D and squirrels.

Olympics stadium- Fight highly athletic zombies

Zombie Bears- don't leave those corpses around for long .

SamDroid- kind of like a sam site except it walks around shooting a bunch of weak missiles

Pirate gear- Yar-har