Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 477496 times)

Offline jimy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »
Found plenty of loot, a M4A1, installed a CBM with a 30% chance sucessfully (because fuck you :)), got a motercycle and went to a military bunker to set up a base.
After I placed my items on the ground I decided to investigate the area around me.

Then I saw some fungal zombies chasing me. They became more and more and I used 39 rounds and a grenade to kill a few of them.
Now with only a bullet left I knew I couldn't decimate them all and that my base is lost.
But instead of going back and hauling the items back into my vehicle I just killed myself.
Yeah, I'm that lazy.

Offline FrankyPlaysGames

• NPC
  • Dead Days Ahead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
Had an archer with no skills in melee, found some person's dog and she trained me in mechanics (Coulda choose 'toad style' too apparently) and eventually after getting attacked by her own dog (with no repercussions on any of them) she joined me, only to be killed by shriekers and skeletons. I ran away, found a cabin, and attempted to disarm a crossbow trap since I had no weapon, and was already level 3 in mechanics from books.
I wasn't able to disarm the trap.
However, I dodged the crossbow, and my character (probably with a raging action boner) picked up the crossbow and ran into the cabin.
I lived there for a while, occasionally exploring, rarely even killing anything, got some food from a crate, found a water purifier, and just chilled out reading books. I found some mutagen which gave me fast healing, bug eyes, and ugliness, which is lucky because I walked into a landmine, and healed back to full hp in a night.
Sadly though, I entered a cave, ran from sewer rats, and with the ALERT off I didn't see the bear that was just as fast as me and ripped my head off.
Longest character I've had so far though, about 4-5 days.
I like to get blasted drunk and high and hit zombies with baseball bats.

Offline Fengferth

• Zombie Food
  • Epicly failing, one death at a time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »
My last death was to a bloody piece of glass of all things, my torso was very low and I climbed through a broken window that I just smashed....

Morale of the story :- always clean your mess up
Like Let's Plays? like Cataclysm? Watch me cover updates and fail miserably Here

1 Million kuddos to the DDA team for keeping the game alive <3

Offline qurvax

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »
You guys will keep falling to bears and hulks until you learn pretty simple thingy - ALWAYS keep your rifle with you and loaded. No exceptions. A bear wont stand a chance to a burst of .223, or a couple of long-range head-shots. Assault rifle and a silencer is a MUST in these fun times. Just don't use it to shoot damn squirrels, that's what rocks are for.

Offline Vucar Fikodastesh

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 11:49:31 PM »
Why would you carry a 12-20 volume rifle with you, when you can carry a 2 volume heavy pistol? Just one or two close range headshots from a Ruger Redhawk or USP .45 can take down a bear easily, and a Hulk only takes a couple more than that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:53:44 PM by Vucar Fikodastesh »

Offline DasNeko

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »
Why would you carry a 12-20 volume rifle with you, when you can carry a 2 volume heavy pistol? Just one or two close range headshots from a Ruger Redhawk or USP .45 can take down a bear easily, and a Hulk only takes a couple more than that.

Its not so bad. When you are wielding the rifle its not that much in the way and since i got a secondary i just drop it if it gets hairy and come back for it later. Whenever i want to haul a large amount of items i just park my motorbike nearby and everything is fine.

Offline MassiveEffectz

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
Heres 100% of all my 10+ game tries.

First spawn in and annoy npcs. Gets gun (no ammo) or ammo (no gun).
Heads to town and wields a rock.
Then i Run around like a headless chicken and break into all the houses for a back pack. Checks map and no pharmacy or sporting goods store in 200 miles. :)
Explore. Encounter first zombie (or die to fungal zombie, or a boomer)
Whack it to death with a rock.
3 more zombies join in.
i start running back to evac station. and 20+ zombies follow.
NPC's kill all the zombies except one.
Then i die to friendly fire.
~snip
I just failed the installation of a CBM and my Perceptive turned into Very Perceptive.
I don't even know.
"Ah HA! I see what I did wrong now, suddenly everything is much clearer!"

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 12:14:48 AM »
Shot Through The Head
And I'm to blame
I gave melee-ing a Turret
A Bad Name

/JBJ

All the fuss about "gunshots are Bad, mkay?" made me think that perhaps the machete was a better choice.  Guess not.  Suppressed .45 ACP or 9mm sufficient for next time?

Offline DasNeko

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 12:40:16 AM »
Shot Through The Head
And I'm to blame
I gave melee-ing a Turret
A Bad Name

/JBJ

All the fuss about "gunshots are Bad, mkay?" made me think that perhaps the machete was a better choice.  Guess not.  Suppressed .45 ACP or 9mm sufficient for next time?
I threw a bunch of sticks at the turret during night time when it could not see me. Pretty damn awesome actually.

I died this time when i was flailing my purse (containing the knife i intended to use mind you) at a hulk. He was not amused.

Offline DerpMcgee

• NPC
  • I hate you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 04:30:03 AM »
I drowned trying to avoid zombies. Oh asthma why must you be a dick

Feed the baby :O

Offline Asra

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 04:44:40 AM »
I was hoofed, had some good martial arts and had 14 strength and 12 dexterity. I managed to get my unarmed up to 9 and my melee to 6 but when I was on my way back to my base to read up on computers so I could hack some pretty great bionics, I stepped on a landmine and died instantly. Probably should have been more careful there.

It's too bad, since I was able to two-shot a hulk without getting hit in the open with about 60-70 damage per hit.(Along with counterattacks and fainting from my martial art)

Offline Fireheart

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 05:48:44 AM »
Spawned ran outside got headshotted by NPC shooting at cougar
AW YEAH BEST DEATH EVAR

Offline qurvax

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 07:04:55 AM »
A rifle is because u can keep specials at the distance. High powered pistol won't do that good imo.

Offline HurlockHolmes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »
I keep scratching myself to death, this is the second time it has happened. I get real itchy, and it just suddenly says "Game Over!" Even though there is nothing near me that can hurt me, and I am in near perfect health. Will screen shot it if it happens again.

Other than that, loving the game.

Offline ballfairy

• NPC
  • Professional bodyguard and Firearms expert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »
Launched my self thorugh 3 buildings driving a truck with 3 v6 engines doing about 700 mph. with no seatbelt.

i created a new character and went to the town i crashed through everything was on fire
i got married.

Deadwinter.cc

Bodyguard for hire, and Cataclysm land speed record holder.