Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 540035 times)

Offline End Transmission

• NPC
  • Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo..
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2385 on: July 01, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
No yeah, generally when the pain numbers are in shades of red, one is proper fucked. It is indeed a vicious downward spiral.
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 01, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »
Worry not though!

-Asprin is good for minor pains, and better than nothing.

-Painkillers are useful in moderation, and should be taken whenever combat is expected.  Id say take them before you get pained.  And as ...

Booze is a painkiller, and provides a small str boost.  Worth taking a few nip of it along if you have nothing better.

-cocaine lost its ability to make you faster than a fucking hulk, but it does make you a lot faster, as well as stronger and smarter and a better shot.  I take my bumps in pairs if Im in combat.  Cocaine is a-mazing.

-Other drugs like crack or meth have their uses as well, but their negatives generally scale with their usefulness.

-adrenaline shots are the tits.  The rivtech ones are ever more tit-tier.  The beserker patch from my own mod has some serious usage as well, but is more designed for melee -very short term melee-.

-Finally, carry some oxygen or other general stimulate around.  Emergency oxygen packs will give you small str boosts and speed.  They also help with any smoke.  But mostly the speed bonus is worth it.  A few hits of pure oxygen lets you outrun things.

-And if things get really really bad, use a smoke bomb or light a house on fire.  Especially at dark.  The smoke from a fire or a smoke bomb will destroy your scent and monsters will go to your last known location.  Each mon will independently track you, so, running through a smoke bomb or even carrying it on your person and running away will work pretty well at night.  At day, not so much, since LOS isnt that busted ...

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 03, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »
what about doing ALL of them at the same time? get high on coke, meth, adderall, booze and Adrenalin at the same time. just become like an Eversor assassin.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 04, 2017, 05:40:53 AM »
its all about the stimulant number and the depresant number. Mixing doesn't help. Unless it gets you that hairs width closer to overstimed without actually putting you over.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Aluminumfoil

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 07, 2017, 02:21:49 AM »
Playing past my bedtime. I got surrounded by a small mob... and forgot I had guns for exactly such a situation.

It's okay. Now my successor has my guns....

Offline EnDSchultz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 13, 2017, 02:48:45 AM »
Playing past my bedtime. I got surrounded by a small mob... and forgot I had guns for exactly such a situation.

I'm suspicious of the use of guns as panic weapons. I know that's what they're supposed to be, but my experience is that you need to have breathing room and be in control in order to use them effectively. By the time I realize/admit I'm in trouble, I don't have enough space (and/or am in too much pain) to actually aim and use the guns anyway.

Offline End Transmission

• NPC
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
« Reply #2391 on: July 13, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »
Edit: Derp, asked and answered in its own thread.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:42:07 AM by End Transmission »
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 14, 2017, 04:06:27 PM »

I'm suspicious of the use of guns as panic weapons. I know that's what they're supposed to be, but my experience is that you need to have breathing room and be in control in order to use them effectively. By the time I realize/admit I'm in trouble, I don't have enough space (and/or am in too much pain) to actually aim and use the guns anyway.

Switching around the aimed shots can be helpful. Precise works well if there's still some distance away from the enemy, but once more than one gets close, like if the survivor is somewhat surrounded, careful or just aim and fire is better. Never try just firing, since getting attacked drops steadiness to zero. Just from experience from mainly using guns, where melee weapon is for situations where its wasteful to use ammo... like tiny groups of weak enemies.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 15, 2017, 02:14:06 PM »
I always go manual on the firing and just ( . ) until I like it.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 15, 2017, 04:59:56 PM »
Bit too time consuming when there's too many enemies, though. Sometimes steadiness won't drop if recoil is low enough, or weapons don't have recoil in the first place, but too much in a hurry to check. Too many enemies, just hit a, c, or p until everything's dead.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline End Transmission

• NPC
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
« Reply #2395 on: July 19, 2017, 05:46:43 PM »
Went too near a mall. Those things are the ultimate death fortresses (that I've found yet). Once I went all the way down to the bottom of a mine and found all the juicy lore. But in terms of deadliness, got nothin' on going even within one road of one side of a mall. In the end I went down bleeding and shooting cornered in an SUV by two Brutes, a Shocker Brute, and a whole host of other colorful characters (i.e. super zombies, not one single regular Zed, smokers, toughs, etc). (This was not the "tank" character, btw, he died some other way.)

I remember Malls just having huge mobs of mostly regular Zs in an earlier build...or was that metastores?

Have yet to survive the Spring since I picked up again. Anyway, Cataclysm is helping me become detached and philosophical about death, at least in vidya games. I think I might have survived if I'd taken more cocaine and some codeine prophylactically.

Offline WIndburns

• NPC
  • I Squeeze Cats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 19, 2017, 08:09:24 PM »
Randomly struck with radiation sickness in a suburb where it's not possible to get radiation.  There's no elements for radiation / sickness to occur.  I'm not sure if it's the experiment scenario that causes this, but my char always has no radiation traits.  ughh
The main difference is we focus on content and internal systems

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 20, 2017, 02:26:33 AM »
Randomly struck with radiation sickness in a suburb where it's not possible to get radiation.  There's no elements for radiation / sickness to occur.  I'm not sure if it's the experiment scenario that causes this, but my char always has no radiation traits.  ughh

>.>
<.<

what mods?

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 20, 2017, 02:58:03 AM »
I am sensing the presence of the pk rebalancing mod.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 20, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »

damn, killed by a jackpot huh?
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.