Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 540978 times)

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2430 on: August 07, 2017, 08:26:21 PM »
Not how I died but rather nearly died. Couldn't really fight a zombie in a house basement due to my rando character having both fragile and glass jaw so I had the brilliant idea of deciding to kill it with fire on a pool table. When it died I dragged its corpse and clothes out of the fire to pulp the corpse and disassemble its cargo pants so I could hopefully make my own. Anyways I essentially dicked around for a bit still in that basement until the fire I set started to spread to the other furniture and then the walls which caused some of the roof to collapse in which I decided that I have overstayed my rent so I ran towards the stairs and got up them to discover that half of the house the basement was a part of was on fire and literally got out of there just in time as a moderately sized group of zoms were coming over. Did however have to deal with blisters a bit which was annoying.

Speaking of which has anyone died from the random damage blisters do?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:06:13 PM by DeWolf »

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: August 08, 2017, 03:04:52 AM »
Once had a survivor die due to the random damage that happens when it's too cold. Survivor had quite a bit of damage in the torso, and lower hit points on a body part seems to make the body more vulnerable to the cold, so basically the cold finished off what a shocker zombie started.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: August 08, 2017, 04:53:48 AM »
Once had a survivor die due to the random damage that happens when it's too cold. Survivor had quite a bit of damage in the torso, and lower hit points on a body part seems to make the body more vulnerable to the cold, so basically the cold finished off what a shocker zombie started.
On a similar note although not on the latest experimental the same survivor from the above post was for some reason losing health over time for some reason.

Offline hdggDalton

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: August 08, 2017, 05:35:34 AM »
It bothers me to be forgotten, I want to leave my mark on history...

Blisters are annoying but they are usually very easy to spot and prevent - if all your stats and your speed starts going red and your temperature is (Rising!) or more, walk away from the nearest fire. Usually when I set a mansion on fire I get blisters from getting too close. :P
stop! sledgehammer time!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: August 08, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
It bothers me to be forgotten, I want to leave my mark on history...

Blisters are annoying but they are usually very easy to spot and prevent - if all your stats and your speed starts going red and your temperature is (Rising!) or more, walk away from the nearest fire. Usually when I set a mansion on fire I get blisters from getting too close. :P
That's how I noticed was by my stats falling. The issue is more of this is only a couple of day old rando who has both the fragile and glass jaw traits so getting blisters from out of control fires is an actual health issue for this guy.

Offline DemAvalon

• NPC
  • Through sheer magic I have registered on the forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: August 09, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »
Bottom of a mine, Fault end, monsters didn't hurt me much, my companion with his UZI shooting at the monsters near me did, after the monsters were dead (and I was very hurt, thanks buddy!) found an artefact, noticed it had charges, "I wonder what it does", it set the area around me (including where I was standing on) on fire, that is how I died.
"Oh Master, I don't do THOSE sorts of things♪..."

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: August 10, 2017, 01:19:36 PM »
ummm, why?  does it bother you to be forgotten?

to whom do you tell your deeds (that doesnt die horribly)?
what children are there to recieve your legacy?
in what fashion do you hope to live on?
what cultureis there to spread your tales (tails too)?

everything about early development is Lovecraftian.  this is def a feature from early dev
In terms of why? People often get attached to characters they've used for a long time and accomplished a lot with. It's only natural to want them to be remembered in-canon.
Your questions are all mostly answered in my story thingy. Trinkets, evidence of past deeds, survivors' notes, et cetera. I very much doubt that (especially in cases like Samantha's, where she never interacted with factions) they'll become a 'historic figure' as such, but what they did is hard to ignore. Nobody would ever, for instance, find out Samantha's name or who she was before the cataclysm, but after the swath of land she completely purged of undead life is eventually repopulated, people will be aware 'oh, someone's been here before us'.
In the world after the apocalypse, everything is very impersonal unless people make an effort to preserve humanity. There's no reason for me to drive raider corpses to cemeteries and pretend-bury them, but I do it anyway 'cause it's respectful. Likewise, there was no obligation for the survivors in the story to get 'S.C's name put on a memorial wall, but they figured 'nobody wants to be forgotten'.

TL;DR: my headcanon is that people after the apocalypse just want life to go back to normal (aside from raiders or whatever) and are fairly decent people. Even my super-death-murderers tend to spare NPCs if possible. Living without hope for humanity, no matter how 'appropriate to the genre' it is, is just sad, so I like to think there IS hope.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: August 16, 2017, 08:21:54 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/fhJ76

i'm officially scared shitless and amazed how lucky i am at the same time, that is one !FUN! relic and then "cataclysm tiles has stopped working" because of snipping tool probably.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Funkmeister

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: September 01, 2017, 05:03:30 AM »
There comes a time where one realizes a character's life has run its course. That time being hitting a Bear on the fuggin road at 100+ speeds and your electric car kinda just...dies. RIP Jamal, you weird 'massage' device user.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: September 01, 2017, 07:31:26 PM »
There comes a time where one realizes a character's life has run its course. That time being hitting a Bear on the fuggin road at 100+ speeds and your electric car kinda just...dies. RIP Jamal, you weird 'massage' device user.
While doing speed tests, I hit a squirrel while going 1500 mph. That reduced all my frames to 0 hp. Then I skidded for a few map tiles and hit a wolf. My car EXPLODED. There I am, sitting in a pile of scrap, watching the shattered remains of the vehicle shoot off at an angle and plow through the forest beside the road.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: September 01, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »
While doing speed tests, I hit a squirrel while going 1500 mph. That reduced all my frames to 0 hp. Then I skidded for a few map tiles and hit a wolf. My car EXPLODED. There I am, sitting in a pile of scrap, watching the shattered remains of the vehicle shoot off at an angle and plow through the forest beside the road.

i keep wondering this, but you don't do a let's play series with MMR do you? i'd almost certainly watch.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline DemAvalon

• NPC
  • Through sheer magic I have registered on the forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: September 02, 2017, 01:27:44 AM »
Finally discovered what the petrified eye was for, braved the perills of the place, I got to the end.
found two artifacts:
the first one was a cube: wielding it lowered my stats, but having it on my inventory displayed this "Your skin feels slithery." which, according to the wiki summons friendly shadows snakes when you take 6 or more damage.
activating it caused a flashband effect, then it healed my limbs (a bit) and caused minor pain to recharge.

the other one was a staff. wielding it reduced my speed by 20, but raided my str by 4.
but activating it caused a fire storm around me.... it also teleported me into solid rock.
note to self: artifacts can teleport you, don't use them underground.
"Oh Master, I don't do THOSE sorts of things♪..."

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: September 02, 2017, 04:43:18 AM »
Finally discovered what the petrified eye was for, braved the perills of the place, I got to the end.
found two artifacts:
the first one was a cube: wielding it lowered my stats, but having it on my inventory displayed this "Your skin feels slithery." which, according to the wiki summons friendly shadows snakes when you take 6 or more damage.
activating it caused a flashband effect, then it healed my limbs (a bit) and caused minor pain to recharge.

the other one was a staff. wielding it reduced my speed by 20, but raided my str by 4.
but activating it caused a fire storm around me.... it also teleported me into solid rock.
note to self: artifacts can teleport you, don't use them underground.

nice find, artifacts are very !FUN!.
people ask THAT often.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: September 02, 2017, 07:11:26 AM »
eventually crazy russian's mobile meth lab was overcome by zombies and my driving, i'd just found the location of the nearest hazardous waste sarcophagus too.

i apparently must have turned on the zombies based on sound thing because i could never clear a place entirely it seemed, i killed so many things, it's a shame i eventually died to zombies chasing my truck.
people ask THAT often.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: September 02, 2017, 05:25:22 PM »
i keep wondering this, but you don't do a let's play series with MMR do you? i'd almost certainly watch.
Nah, I don't. That sounds like something to add if I ever start a Youtube channel. Tagline: Join me in my power trip across the post-apocalyptic countryside, searching for rare loot and a good fight! We are the Mycus!

Wait a few years. I'm an adult but I still live with my parents. I just started a career as an electrician, and when I make more I'll move to an apartment. Then I'll have privacy to record.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.