Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 530899 times)

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2475 on: October 10, 2017, 03:51:07 PM »
Once in a burning house shower victim start scenario, I spawned on the driver's seat of a working car! But that character wasn't very successful later.
Well that is certainly a convenient bug.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: October 10, 2017, 04:52:31 PM »
Its not a bug, unless you consider spawning on any tile within that house a bug, outdoors or not.

Ever start out on the front lawn?  The only thing I can say is I dont think Ive ever spawned on fire.  I think they place fire after they place  you.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 10, 2017, 10:33:39 PM »
Its not a bug, unless you consider spawning on any tile within that house a bug, outdoors or not.

Ever start out on the front lawn?  The only thing I can say is I dont think Ive ever spawned on fire.  I think they place fire after they place  you.

just a guess, but that'd probably be the really bad day challenge?
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline ExecutiveOdin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 11, 2017, 03:31:08 PM »
Just had to quit the game cause I was a little miffed about this one.

Had a base in an orchard with multiple types of fruit trees on the outskirts of a town.  Was also almost done fixing up an RV and left to go foraging while my crops were growing.  Come back and a NPC is getting too close to my loot piles.  I empty a survivor carbine I found into him but he is still walking but all he has is a throwing knife and I figure it's safe to approach with my axe.

Hit him a couple times and the fucker throws a molotov at me.  I ignite but the rain puts me out.  Throws another and I murder him with another axe hit and start running.  Two more explosives radiate from him immediately.  I take one more step and...

Entire screen, the whole fucking screen explodes, every single tile is filled with fire and I die instantly.  No god damn clue what it could have been or why that cunt had it.  Ruined a very pleasurable round.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 12, 2017, 04:42:49 AM »
mininukes explode in fire yes?

Offline Dishonored Archer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: October 13, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
Oh cool a reinforced boarded house! must have some neat equipment inside by hardened survivors!

Step into a landmine...

self-reminder to bring a grenade against those crackhead's houses...

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: October 13, 2017, 04:01:24 PM »
Oh cool a reinforced boarded house! must have some neat equipment inside by hardened survivors!

Step into a landmine...

self-reminder to bring a grenade against those crackhead's houses...
Main thing I found useful of those houses was as a low level character, crossbow traps as although it might mean damage it also means free silent ranged weapon with easily craftable ammo.

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: October 13, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
"Stinky" Pritchett was having a really bad day. I mean, sure he had a bunch of booze in his bindle, and some strange woman actually agreed to be his friend for some reason, but the city was a wreck and crazy people were running around everywhere. Still, it was obviously high time for looting and getting the hell out of town. Unfortunately, all the cars were locked, but this office building had some kind of garage, so Stinky and pal climbed through a window and began looking for a way in.
 He was sucking down cheap wine at a prodigious rate, but still the DTs kept coming, and he began to hallucinate. Down in the basement of the office tower, he saw a giant albino penguin, but resolved to keep his mouth shut and pretend he didn't, so as not to startle the first friend he'd had in years. They moved on by, but found nothing worth having, and circled back around. That's when Stinky's new friend reacted to the penguin, screaming and fighting with it. This was a new one on Stinky, but he tried his best to help her fight it off, but was killed shortly thereafter. His friend survived and went on to be some kind of expert scout or something.
 RIP in peaces, Stinky. His last words were "Wait, that pengin waz real?

(I had enabled the No Monsters Mod and cranked up the NPC generation so I could see how long I could go Hobo with a Shotgun before some NPC dropped an active mininuke at his feet, but apparently No Monsters doesn't block the rare giant penguin nether creature, which is kind of awesome. I was SURE it was a hallucination effect the first time, but I know I wasn't hallucinating anymore the second time I went by -- I was just hoping it would ignore us like the first time. Stinky was just hoping it wasn't real, and we were both hoping in vain as it turned out.)

Offline Ragno

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: October 13, 2017, 10:27:41 PM »
I didnt know zombie granadiers could activate their granades on its last breath, so it was dead and 2 explosions later i was too

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: October 14, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »
I didnt know zombie granadiers could activate their granades on its last breath, so it was dead and 2 explosions later i was too

Reason why I disable them, it's not fun to not be able to grab their grenade goodies after they die.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Excitebike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: October 14, 2017, 03:00:40 PM »
What?  No their stuff usually survives.  Especially their hacks, they survive.  Which is what I kill them for anyway.

And if you can somehow kill them at melee range you can snag a few choice items before running.  And their teargas and emp and flashbang hacks are jokes.

You can probably survive a single grenade hack if you flee, and its really only the mininuke and c4hacks that are problems.  And I consider the c4 hacks more dangerous than the mininukes.

Offline Dishonored Archer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: October 15, 2017, 03:32:38 PM »
Had a very end-game character having a bit of everything, playing with Cataclysm++ mod which it adds an antimateriel turret, I have the habit of walking non-stop without activating safe-mode in special circunstances, the turret shot me and obliterated me in 4 turns, good night sweet princess...

Offline walkintalkinstevenhawkin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: October 16, 2017, 04:39:19 AM »
Started with the lock lab start and found some mini nukes on the bottom floor (gotta go down to go up) anyways I forget about them for awhile after getting out, well while in the nearby city I got stuck in a police station. It's at this moment I realize I still have the mini nukes (just 3) and I activate one. Setting the timer to 10 thinking I could get out easy and being new to the game. well I got suck in the very small next room and tried to smash down a metal door using my hands. Safe to say it took more than 10 turns. Goodnight sweet mutant. Gone from this world too soon.