Author Topic: New vehicle construction system explained  (Read 95288 times)

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: New vehicle construction system explained
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2015, 12:57:34 AM »
is the wiki still updated? :(

To the degree that folks are able to do so.

Offline troll from behind

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »
Better ask sooner than later...
Can one make a "landtrain" with seperatable cars through somekind of quick release joint or do I have to resort to remove frame connecting different cars every time I want to dumb my cargo&base-cars to go scouting in my armoured frontcar?
Does the current system EVEN support a multi-section vehicles?

Offline Zero

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2015, 05:10:47 PM »
Multi-section and towing is not currently implemented.

Offline is-npc

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2016, 09:10:52 AM »
I don't know anything about that
我的签名十三个字 不信你数数

Offline Deez Nutz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2016, 06:43:30 AM »
Speaking of cars, how do I get mounted turrets to work in the recent experimentals? I set them to auto and they don't do anything, and I try to shoot them manually and nothing happens.  And yes I did remember to load them first. 

Offline DG123

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2016, 10:57:02 PM »
Speaking of cars, how do I get mounted turrets to work in the recent experimentals? I set them to auto and they don't do anything, and I try to shoot them manually and nothing happens.  And yes I did remember to load them first.

I think I read something about vehicle turrets having been broken in a recent update... I could be wrong...

Offline Deez Nutz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2016, 11:39:21 PM »
Damit :(

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2017, 08:13:10 AM »
is there a difference between all the different types of frames? any list of that?
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline nick0010

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »
Well they all have different weight, durability, and cost. A wooden frame is easy to make and attach but heavier and weaker than a regular frame. A regular frame takes steel and a forge to make, and a welder to attach, but is lighter and stronger than wood. A heavy duty frame costs more steel than a regular frame and is stronger, but is also heavier. Military composite frames are as strong as it gets, used on tanks and armored vehicles, but need a strong engine if you want to move faster than a walking pace, as well as being uncraftable. Superalloy plating is actually quite a bit weaker than military plating, and i believe even heavy duty plating, but is also much lighter. By weight its the strongest frame you can install

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2017, 09:30:15 AM »
i meant the shapes, not the materials.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2017, 08:33:26 PM »
i meant the shapes, not the materials.

basically, the reason i ask, is because from using the vehicle construction system it becomes clear that parts of the same materials but different shapes are not identical (it was a while ago, but i recall at one point having to use specific shapes to get a non-jointed two tile hand cart vehicle versus one with a swivel joint in the middle) and seem to behave differently and i've looked everywhere i can think of but i can't find any actual data about what the shape of the frame changes.
people ask THAT often.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2017, 01:36:11 AM »
A frame is a frame. The shape is purely cosmetic.

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2017, 03:41:35 AM »
different frame shapes appearing to work differently is simply confirmation bias.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2017, 03:50:49 AM »
different frame shapes appearing to work differently is simply confirmation bias.

i believe you guys if you say so, but i swear i remember having to use specific shapes to get a two tile vehicle that didn't act like it had a joint before is all.
people ask THAT often.