Author Topic: Adventures in a Fallen World (Chapter 14 done)  (Read 25585 times)

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in a Fallen World (Chapter 14 done)
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2017, 05:55:12 PM »
*Insert ring of fire here*
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline linkfanpc

• Zombie Food
  • "Who says hulks are tough?" *BOOM CRASH THUMP*
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in a Fallen World (Chapter 14 done)
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2017, 08:36:03 PM »
So, here's a bit of a story for you.

A long time ago, before i was born, in like 1990 a video game called...something, came out. 20 years later, it was ported to the Nintendo 3DS with the title Another World. And i LOVED the game. I played for an hour and got stuck, but many months later played it over and beat it. The game was unfair, insanely difficult, and i loved it. If you've ever played Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, an old (And the best.) NES game, Another World was a bit easier than that.

Then came the ending.

SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING OF ANOTHER WORLD BUT NOBODY CARES BECAUSE NOBODY PLAYS IT.

(click to show/hide)

Just that ending made me absolutely LOATHE the game.

Alone is like Another World.

I highly doubt i'll read the sequel. Brilliantly making three characters i loved (And secretly hoped Claire and Kevin hooked up.) then just killing off all three unceremoniously and shifting the view to a random side character? Nope. I hate that. Not to say i dislike you, the story was amazing and i hope you go down in history as a great author, but i just can't handle that. And it's not like i'm sad, i'm not at all. I'm just unnecessarily ticked off.

I understand that it's supposed to be like CDDA, where you create a great character you get attached to and then all of a sudden he just died from some naked raider dude with a hammer getting a lucky hit to your skull and dealing WAY more damage than he should. But still, i just can't take that.

You did inspire me and i'll probably make my own story similar to that, but i don't think i can read the sequel.

(click to show/hide)
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude:
   O/
  /|
  / \
Maybe check out my fan-fic: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14476.0