With the new crafting screen upgrade I thought it would be a good idea to explain how to assign new recipes to a subcategory.
Recipes must be given a "subcategory" field:
"type" : "recipe",
Any recipe without the subcategory field will be put in category->Other.
As you may be able to tell from the above example or may have noticed in game, the drinks category is gone. Drinks have been moved into a subcategory under food.
Valid category->subcategory combinations are:
- CSC_WEAPONS_PIERCING - (SPEAR or STAB flagged items)
- CSC_WEAPONS_EXPLOSIVES - (Not ammo)
- CSC_WEAPONS_OTHER - Anything else.
- CSC_AMMO_COMPONENTS - (Parts to make ammo)
- CSC_AMMO_OTHER - Anything else.
- CSC_FOOD_SNACK - (Junk food)
- CSC_FOOD_OTHER - Anything else. (Powders go here - Flour, Sugar, etc.
- CSC_CHEM_CHEMICALS - (Bleach, Disinfectant, etc.
- CSC_CHEM_OTHER - Anything else.
- CSC_ARMOR_STORAGE - (Bags, packs, pouches, etc.)
- CSC_ARMOR_SUIT - (Covers whole body)
- CSC_ARMOR_BACK - (Cloaks and such)
- CSC_ARMOR_OTHER - Anything else.
- CSC_OTHER_CONTAINERS - (Liquid storage)
- CSC_OTHER_MATERIALS - (Glass, metal, etc.
- CSC_OTHER_PARTS - (Vehicle parts)
- CSC_OTHER_OTHER - Anything else.