Author Topic: HUGLAGHALGHALGHAL  (Read 635555 times)

Offline Theundyingcode

• NPC
  • Mutant Cyborg With a Nuclear Tank
    • View Profile
Re: HUGLAGHALGHALGHAL
« Reply #4905 on: October 08, 2017, 02:44:33 AM »
If I was less lazy i'd cut out the last frame and post it in 'we make bad suggestions...' but, i'm not so i'll stick it here.
Mars is currently the only planet populated entirely by robots. Therefore Martian invasion is the same thing as the robots taking over.

Good judgement comes from experience.
And experience?
Well, that comes from poor judgement.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: October 10, 2017, 06:17:43 PM »
you have a DM who actually does the work to come up with campaigns, i'm so jelly, we eventually gave up after even 3 months he couldn't come up with anything.

before that we mostly ran D&D campaigns but with enemies, npcs/etc (basically living things) replaced with Rifts equivalents or whatever worked, we ran that one infamously difficult campaign a few times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_of_Horrors
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:19:23 PM by TooDAMNMuch »
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Theundyingcode

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: October 13, 2017, 06:54:08 PM »
I spent 2 months prepping an eberon campaign only to find my friends all dropped out on me after one session.
Mars is currently the only planet populated entirely by robots. Therefore Martian invasion is the same thing as the robots taking over.

And experience?

Offline Theundyingcode

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: October 14, 2017, 09:32:28 PM »
double post but, the last one wasn't a pic so meh.

And experience?

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: October 15, 2017, 04:12:39 PM »
I spent 2 months prepping an eberon campaign only to find my friends all dropped out on me after one session.

to be fair our characters were obscenely powerful anyway which didn't make it easy for him, he once prepared a mini-campaign encounter complete with a whole enemy base complete with an routine that split the day into roughly quarters, forgot i had 20 driving skill and a (basically) semi-truck with orbital ion cannons on it, i rolled a crit and destroyed the entire base without leaving the vehicle or firing a shot.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: October 15, 2017, 10:00:22 PM »

to be fair our characters were obscenely powerful anyway which didn't make it easy for him, he once prepared a mini-campaign encounter complete with a whole enemy base complete with an routine that split the day into roughly quarters, forgot i had 20 driving skill and a (basically) semi-truck with orbital ion cannons on it, i rolled a crit and destroyed the entire base without leaving the vehicle or firing a shot.
What the heck are you playing?

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: October 15, 2017, 10:17:04 PM »
What the heck are you playing?

rifts by palladium games, the semi truck (much more... military and armored than semi truck probably sounds) was from one of the rift's world books and modified with things from the palladium books compendium of weapons and armor as well.

to really give that truck a challenge in combat you'd need a glitter boy or better for the most part, although artillery with enough range could fuck up just about anything.
http://rifts.wikia.com/wiki/Glitter_Boy
think walking building size mech, has to plant reinforced stakes into the ground before firing it's main weapons due to recoil, they're called glitter boys because of the anti-laser armor they use which gives them a sort of rainbow shine while active.
people ask THAT often.

Offline Theundyingcode

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: October 16, 2017, 03:59:38 AM »
I basically spend all my time just making characters since i've always had bad luck finding people to play with.  As a result, my characters are always completely broken.

And experience?

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: October 16, 2017, 06:11:44 AM »
i typically play a minotaur for the natural 18 + 2 racial strength when i play D&D, so i feel you on that one.
people ask THAT often.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: October 16, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »
resized for readability

Code: [Select]
[img width=700]https://i.imgur.com/enJqv9R.jpg[/img]
(click to show/hide)

if you guys have any good games about to start send me a PM. I'm total noob but interested.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Theundyingcode

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: October 16, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
resized for readability

Code: [Select]
[img width=700]https://i.imgur.com/enJqv9R.jpg[/img]
(click to show/hide)

if you guys have any good games about to start send me a PM. I'm total noob but interested.

so that's how you reszie... While i'd love to hang out with people especially since I have no friends, Illinois is kinda far from Texas and if we are doing online games i'd rather do a video game. 

And experience?

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: October 16, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »
XD fair enough
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: October 17, 2017, 01:19:55 AM »
not sure D&D is really a long distance playable game, i did once entertain fantasies that tabletop simulator would help bridge the gap, but i'm pretty sure it's never going to happen at this rate.

i mean, just for starters, you'd need a webcam and microphone just so the DM can tell who's actually putting effort into playing in character, the guy we played with gave pretty good gentle nudges to help remind me i was a minotaur, a lot of hoof stomping and nearly crumbling dungeons with a frustrated kick if the party spends too long thinking go a long way.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:24:58 AM by TooDAMNMuch »
people ask THAT often.

Offline Theundyingcode

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: October 17, 2017, 01:50:08 AM »
not sure D&D is really a long distance playable game, i did once entertain fantasies that tabletop simulator would help bridge the gap, but i'm pretty sure it's never going to happen at this rate.

i mean, just for starters, you'd need a webcam and microphone just so the DM can tell who's actually putting effort into playing in character, the guy we played with gave pretty good gentle nudges to help remind me i was a minotaur, a lot of hoof stomping and nearly crumbling dungeons with a frustrated kick if the party spends too long thinking go a long way.

It's usually done via "play by post"  basically there i a forum were you post each of your actions and there is an independent dice roller so you can't just lie and cheat.

And experience?

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: October 17, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »
It's usually done via "play by post"  basically there i a forum were you post each of your actions and there is an independent dice roller so you can't just lie and cheat.

thats how the divine RPG thread went. Was fun till it died, cuz DM had something they had to do that was to time consuming.