Author Topic: Coming and Going thread - Say hi, say bye. For new people, hiatuses, departures  (Read 65971 times)

Offline HunterAlpha1

• Survivor
  • King Of Farts
    • View Profile
Fuck this I'm back. 
The king of farts has spoken, thank you very much sir I will proceed with my drug fueled rage against this book case
That would be a strange quote
"They've got us surrounded again, those poor bastards." - Abrams

Offline FrogVoice

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Be greeted my fellow survivors!
I am FrogVoice but I also go by Kev so that's that.
I've been playing Cataclysm since quite some time now. But unfortunately I took long breaks from the game which results in me still being a big noob who plays with a 0.5 on Spawn Scaling (pls no judging). Other games I enjoy are for example Dwarf Fortress, DotA 2 or Starbound.
Apart from my passion for videogames I consider myself to be an anime-trashbag and appreciator of most music genres.
I recently recognized how awesome this whole community is and figured that I should try to be a part of it, and here I am now!
20.12.2014 - The day Rhubarb Man was born and accepted among the ranks of the Cataclysm gods.

Offline Rusty

• Zombie Food
  • Gasmasks on!
    • View Profile
Hello, I hope you will have some nice time browsing the forum.

The second hi comes from myself. Not much to tell about, really. I like Cataclysm and play it quite often - the most succesfull character being a nodachi-swinging cyborg with few OP mutations. It got quite boring and so I switched to the last April version. Now I ride around on a ratbike and headshot other people with my revolver or a shotgun. It turns out to be quite badass.

Vulnus

Ok, so I never introduced myself, and I went on a lengthy and unscheduled hiatus so here goes.
I go by Vulnus or RedVulnus pretty much everywhere. I'm relatively new to forum rp and the like but am quite interested in it, and I am more then willing to learn.
Most of what I do in my free time is play games and look around the internet for cool stuff, and Cataclysm dda is one of my favorite games. Even though I still rarely live past day 1. Especially when I get explosives...
Anyway, glad to be back.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
Hello to newcomers and returnees!

I am still an Edmund, and time is sparse but I'm still gonna doodle toons occasionally for that cata art thread. Too fun.
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline FunsizeNinja123

• Survivor
  • Bleeding sand
    • View Profile
Ya'll noobs can call me Ninja.
"Pretty, yep." John Candlebury, on herself.
"Dynamic NPCs turns this game into an ASCII DayZ." ~ChristopherWalken
"Ninjas are so tasty." ~Kevin Granade himself
"This ain't Terraria.  Your wings are not powered by the Soul of Flight." ~KA101
"Never has my snake been more solid..."

Offline vultures

• Survivor
  • Reticulating Splines.
    • View Profile
    • The Causeway
After a really long delay, I was able to put together one of my workstations here @ home.
The battle was fierce - two screens and a pretty good adapter were fried, along with an AMD MoBo.
Now I can actually PLAY CataDDA and write about it; maybe even do some work-along with the community.
Altough that test-thingie-P2-lowRAM-needy_RLs_defiant is still an option, just because it's a full-stretched XPSP3/DX9 comput0r.

Ooh lordie, lordie, these 3 GHz sure can cap'n'crunch numb3r5...
"On Labor Day the vultures disappeared. Nobody could remember when they had not circled early dawn.  Death's falcons.  Turning miles above the arid northwest reaches of Tribeca tethered by scent."

The Absent Vultures of Tribeca
by Douglas Anthony Cooper

Offline Mcrone

• Zombie Food
  • A Cataclysm DDA Fan
    • View Profile
I guess I never properly introduced myself,
I am Mcrone And I wish to learn how to write (cataclysm stories preferably?) but inspiration is hard to come by...
Expect to see more of me in all of the forums.
Still dreams of Cataclysm: Dwarf Days Ahead

Offline Jakers

• Survivor
  • Surviving - With Class!
    • View Profile
    • Lone - My illustrated suggestion game.
Call me Jakers.

I enjoy a variety of things, but cataclysm brings a lot of joy to me. I have complex games such as Battlefield 3 but I just can't seem to stop playing a game without proper animations or graphics! So this is why I signed up to this forum, whoever has created this game is godly as it is seriously enjoyable and you can use the best graphics in the world - your imagination.

I also watch a wide variety of shows, including Attack On Titan,
(click to show/hide)
Bear Grills,
(click to show/hide)
Fullmetal Alchemist
(click to show/hide)
My little pony,
(click to show/hide)
and many others.

I come to introduce myself to all with open arms,[but don't actually hug me] and I look forward to meeting everybody! 'What's my profile picture?' you may ask: It's a dubstep playing unicorn. Nuff said.

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
I remember when I was just getting on this forum not too long ago.
Now, I host three RPs, and participate in many others.
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

ajwilli1

I remember when I was just getting on this forum not too long ago.
Now, I host three RPs, and participate in many others.
How do you juggle so many?

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Sunday morning a family member of mine was hospitalized. They're still there.

Ongoing treatment, we're waiting for some results to come in before further work can be planned/decided on/done, so it's the waiting game. My week has been and is going to continue being upside-down.

I am doing alright! But I'm helping to maintain some semblance of normalcy in the household and taking up a lot of time to do so. On top of hospital paperwork and visits.

I realize I'm not as active as I have been in the past, but - welp. If I go silent, it's for family, not because I've turned into a jumbo jet and crashed into the ocean irretrievably or something. I am okay.
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline yonsisac

• Survivor
  • "Just Burn the Place Down alredy!"
    • View Profile
I never introduse mi self.

im emanuel and im here to learn how to make mods and make some ideas in the borde

and i suck ant writing inglesh and im lerning so pleas dont say to correct mi drama i now its bad im tryng mi best and im tempermental so im mite insult people without mi nowing ok if i go al balistic you now wy.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Hallo yonsisac. If I correct you, it will be with the intention of helping and nothing else. Hopefully nobody has to go ballistic haha. Welcome to the forums.

As for myself, medical update: it was my mother, and she has had major (brain) surgery. I am alright. She is alright. My family is alright. She's recovering and more like herself than she has been in a long time. My language/tone right now is coming across as rather emotionally sparse at this time, but it is a part of how I cope. I mean, I know I've yammered about getting sickish when I'm stressed, but that is apparently a social thing. This blew right past that, into get-shit-done territory.

She's quite possibly coming home tomorrow or Tuesday, and we are vigilantly excited for her return. Thank you to those who offered help during this dark and challenging week, knowing we had lifelines we could reach for has helped us as a family to stay steady.

gtaguy

Duration: Probably indefinite.

I'll get banned over stupid shit anyways, so nobody miss me!