Author Topic: Coming and Going thread - Say hi, say bye. For new people, hiatuses, departures  (Read 84886 times)

Offline AerialK7

• Survivor
  • Keter
    • View Profile
Duration: Probably indefinite.

I'll get banned over stupid shit anyways, so nobody miss me!

Ill miss you bby;c
We lack the motion to move to the new beat.

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Duration: Probably indefinite.

I'll get banned over stupid shit anyways, so nobody miss me!
GTA, if you're gonna get banned, do it while doing what you do best............DRAGGING THESE FORUMS INTO THE DEEPEST, DARKEST PITS OF HELL!
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline Zaweri Runewright

• Survivor
  • Nigel Tonberry.
    • View Profile
Well great my screen broke so I'll be on a hiatus until I can fix this situation sorry guys...
EDIT: Able to use my xbox to post though.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 01:28:43 AM by Zaweri Runewright »

Vulnus

Going to go on a hiatus for a bit, probably a week or so. I'll come back, I just need to sort some things out, and I also just kinda feel burned out right now.

Offline HunterAlpha1

• Survivor
  • King Of Farts
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I'm back after a great weekend with friends up in *********, **.  The dad, who is sort of a friend and mentor of mine, helped me sight in my AK.  Turns out there was nothing wrong with the gun, it was the user that was fucking up.  I also got to shoot my Keltec PF9 for the first time which I bought back in December, I finally got to shoot my Winchester SPX 12 gauge for the first time.  It was my last birthday gift from my mom before she passed. 

I also FINALLY got to finish the HALO 4 campaign, using his kids xbox.  It would've taken me forever if his 9 year old hadn't done co-op with me.  I could've done it easily with a mouse & keyboard though.  I find it difficult to use a console controller, but thanks to my friend's kids I'm improving. 
The king of farts has spoken, thank you very much sir I will proceed with my drug fueled rage against this book case
That would be a strange quote
"They've got us surrounded again, those poor bastards." - Abrams

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor (inactive)
    • View Profile
Dude, sounds like a lot of fun! Welcome back :D
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline HunterAlpha1

• Survivor
  • King Of Farts
    • View Profile
Dude, sounds like a lot of fun! Welcome back :D
Thank you Pthallusy! 
The king of farts has spoken, thank you very much sir I will proceed with my drug fueled rage against this book case

Offline AerialK7

• Survivor
  • Keter
    • View Profile
*sigh* well. It seems like im getting less and less active. Noticed how much of a mess my life is. Ill pretty much be inactive on the forums. For I dunno how long. Some of you guys mean alot to me so ill try to drop in on the IRC a few times a week, so.. Feel free to pm me or whatever on there.

Thats it I guess. Ill see everyone around.
We lack the motion to move to the new beat.

Offline FunsizeNinja123

• Survivor
  • Bleeding sand
    • View Profile
"Pretty, yep." John Candlebury, on herself.
"Dynamic NPCs turns this game into an ASCII DayZ." ~ChristopherWalken
"Ninjas are so tasty." ~Kevin Granade himself
"This ain't Terraria.  Your wings are not powered by the Soul of Flight." ~KA101
"Never has my snake been more solid..."

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Hey Aerial, sorry I haven't been replying to your IRC beeps. I'm just not online for the crazy late-night shifts anymore, my sleep schedule's been shot through. Stupid timezones.

I've been leaving irc logged in to monitor if and when my internet resets or disconnects, I should probably just close the darn thing instead of unintentionally leaving people hanging. My apologies for that too.

I wish you much luck in your life, and better times ahead.
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Gonna be gone for like the next four days. Just givin' a heads up.
AAAAAAND AGAIN! Tomorrow, gonna be gone for a week.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:36:45 AM by Forrest »
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline HunterAlpha1

• Survivor
  • King Of Farts
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I haven't been active on the forums lately, been spending my free time playing Uncharted Waters Online.

Offline Wildbeard

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, I starting playing cata:dda a few months ago, awesome game! I just got on here to share my amazing luck. On a new char running down the road at night with a flashlight, I see a single shocker Zed and take him down with my knife. After butchering I find CBM: Facial Distortion, with about a 50% chance to fail I said fudge it and went for the install. This happened:
You screw up the installation.
You do damage to your genetics, causing mutation!
Your fleet footed turns into road runner!
You gain a mutation called Perceptive!
I love this game.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Welcome, Wildbeard.

I've been pretty reclusive lately, just sort of. I dunno. Things are different now.

Okay no, untrue. I know exactly how things are different because of what happened this summer. Life is weird and I'm still recovering from the bitchslap it issued my family. We're all safe. Mom's been getting better every day but there's still a ways to go. I'm sorry I'm not on IRC actively, and never really got on skype like I said I would. I'm barely even in the forums... participating has just gotten to be more than I can manage on a regular basis. I'm exhausted. My perspective has changed, and I am spending most of my energy re-learning how much social obligation I can handle, as well as where my priorities were before, where they are now, and where I want them to be. It feels rude and inappropriate to drop several social connections I was previously maintaining, but it's too much to hold onto everything while I simultaneously sort myself out.

And then I'm back to university tomorrow. Not much has been going on in my life in any literal sense, just. Work and family. A few very close friends so I don't go nutter.

My apologies if my absence came across as anything worrying, frustrating, or disappointing. I understand the position I am in is a potentially problematic one for mental health, and I am taking measures to maintain a support network that is not so large it wears me out more than it helps.  I'd like to promise that I'll come back in time, gradually, as it's probably likely, but I can't fathom that realistically at this point in time. I will try to check the forums but that will probably be the extent of my presence.

I like you folks a lot, as you've given me insights, friendship, and just a lot of new perspectives. I wish you all well in the coming season.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:59:49 PM by Pthalocy »

Offline FunsizeNinja123

• Survivor
  • Bleeding sand
    • View Profile
Wait, what happened to you Pth?
"Pretty, yep." John Candlebury, on herself.
"Dynamic NPCs turns this game into an ASCII DayZ." ~ChristopherWalken
"Ninjas are so tasty." ~Kevin Granade himself
"This ain't Terraria.  Your wings are not powered by the Soul of Flight." ~KA101
"Never has my snake been more solid..."