Author Topic: Coming and Going thread - Say hi, say bye. For new people, hiatuses, departures  (Read 59839 times)

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Hi, carefull I hear THAT guy is around here....
    • View Profile
Tea goddess was your first clue. Just to let you know.
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.
hey.... whats that hissing sound.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Taking a break from CDDA for a bit (I'll still forum, occasionally) to improve my strength and unarmed IRL (read: start boxing again, but only on my own with nobody to spar with bc no one's interested in learning self-defense around here, and the only gym they have is owned by a con-artist who preaches, the "Death-Touch"). Also, trying to prioritize my studies over games for a bit, but only til I'm able to coast for the rest of the semester.

Edit: to be fair, there are some gyms, just not close enough (down south there's at least 30 mins of highway before anything important) and that one Bruce Lee bastard really got me off of gym-learning.

Edit 2: to end my somewhat-rant on a lighter note: sunshine! Rainbows! A few of my favorite things! Cue Sound of Music!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:41:27 PM by DeclanFrost »
Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
hope to continue to see you around :)
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
  • ...the shadows cutting deeper...
    • View Profile
Not a guy, but thank you! I appreciate it! I'll probably just post some really simple comics soonish (My tablet is being really dumb right now and I need to fix it first) - I'm a bit more confident posting silly little things like that than actual... shivers... Effort.

You looked through the forum ; you should know that most of us won't bite ;) we even praise stick figures, if its funny or true to the game.

Also, welcome! and, considering what you told us, have a welcome-cuddle! *starts cuddling Aloe* Hope you have a good time.

-
See ya, Declan. We never really had...much to do with each other, but hey, have fun with your boxing, and good luck with your studies.

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
 Cya, Declan! You are quite fun, i hope you come back soon!

Offline keyspace

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Hi! I'm keyspace. I've been told to post here (and rightfully so).

I'm an amateur programmer, making most noise on github (as @keyspace). Also on IRC (keyspace) and Reddit (/u/keyspace-1). I find it hard to follow the linear structure of forums, so you won't be seeing me much.

Been playing C:DDA since 0.B or so and like it a lot. Switched to experimentals a few months ago and been playing that since. (Actually, a branch on top of git master with my proposed fixes merged.)
If I wanted something real, I'd go for a walk.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Sounds good, hope you can help the mods out.

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Welcome Aloe, and welcome Keyspace! Hope to see you both around once in a while!
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Hello forumites! Things have happened since I've taken a good look around forums and played cdda! Back on game somewhat.
So...I got banned from a forum, got into a fight at school, completed one of my resolutions, and learned a new fingerstyle arrangement on guitar. Amazing start to 2017!
Hope you guys are doing as well.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
not a lot of rules here, tbh.

- no kitchenbots
  - no spamming
  - no undue mean names
  - no boobs
  - no worries

im sure there's more, but they dont often come up.  were not a poly forum, nor big enough for much dramahs.

but hey id like to plug mah mod

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
not a lot of rules here, tbh.
Probably why I'm still here.

- no boobs.
Have you seen the HUAHGAHAGTGAGA thread? (Not quite sure how to pronounce that)

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
Hello forumites! Things have happened since I've taken a good look around forums and played cdda! Back on game somewhat.
So...I got banned from a forum, got into a fight at school, completed one of my resolutions, and learned a new fingerstyle arrangement on guitar. Amazing start to 2017!

But... DID YOU LEARN THE DEATH TOUCH?
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile

But... DID YOU LEARN THE DEATH TOUCH?
Lol no
Even if there was such a thing as the Death-Touch (Dimmak, the kung-fu-related thing that was popularized back in the day) that can be applied practically, the con-artist trainer bastard definitely didn't know it. So no, I didn't. I'm sticking to good old-fashioned fisticuffs for now, maybe add a little BJJ or wrestling to my arsenal further down the road.

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
What about the the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique, though?

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Hey all, Michael here. I've just done a port of CDDA for Android. I'll post about it in a separate thread, but right now I need to get my post count up so I can actually post the link to it. So bear with me while I spam this thread. (Ah, the irony of spam prevention.)