Author Topic: Coming and Going thread - Say hi, say bye. For new people, hiatuses, departures  (Read 73038 times)

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
Welp, I'll be back to occasionally lurking. Forum's still FUBAR on my shiny Windows 10 desktop, but works on my old potatotop. :V

Offline rumpel

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
I came to say hi, hi!

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
Welcome, Rumpelstiltskin!
Actually I tried to write rumpel but the phone corrected it and I seriously love that name so I'm really really sorry
Little does my lady dream Rumpelstiltskin is my name!

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
The hollow earth and the Dyson sphere share an origin? Do some research

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
well I swung by again briefly. So hi agian. Though I fear it will be a while till I get to pop in again. My internet has fallen apart. replacing the modem seemd to fix it but I am thinking now that it is another filtering issue. We are looking to switch to charter but apparently they aren't available yet, despite having torn up the right-of-way through our neighborhood.

All our home phones are filtered now but that doesn't seem to keep the modem from re crashing and going into 24-7 trying to reboot and failing mode after the first hour or so. My only guess at this point is that one of the filters are failing. though we went a couple years without filters before we had this problem the first time.

Unfortunately all the mucking around with the modem has factory reset it again I guess, and I didn't write down the ATT masterpasword for the account and stuff despite thinking that I did when I condensed our plethora of accounts into one -_-

so yeah,

tldr; my internet is trash right now, and not going to be running for the foreseeable future. I only got this out because in a hotel room saying hello to the sweet sweet internet for this brief stint. So, Hi. Bye. hope to see yall again sooner than later.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline rumpel

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Welcome, Rumpelstiltskin!
Actually I tried to write rumpel but the phone corrected it and I seriously love that name so I'm really really sorry
Little does my lady dream Rumpelstiltskin is my name!

Haha, it's all right. I chose that name because of that fairy tale. :D

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
K, I am hesitant to anger the gods of DSL, but I think I have internet back for good. My apologies to those this may effect.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline John Candlebury

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Anyone know what happened to Coolthulhu?

He's been completely inactive for a month,  which strikes me as quite odd.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Yes, it was a very sudden disappearance, one day it was normal forum and github activity, the next, nothing.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
I'm back for a moment.
I had to take a break mostly because of my master's thesis. Had to finish it (last chance, extended term etc.) and I wanted to avoid any stressful distractions.
I'll probably (I hope) be defending it by the end of June. Until then, I'll avoid getting too much into DDA stuff, because getting into arguments about video game features won't help me re-learn all that CS material I need to have memorized for defense.
And I can't just not argue. When I sound like a dick, most of the time it's just because I care, not because it's personal/fun to shittalk/etc.

I know I left it all in preparation for 0.D - sorry - but important RL stuff has to take priority.
If I'm really needed for something, I check e-mail regularly.

I got a message that someone is impersonating me on discord.
I'm not active on discord, have only been on IRC a couple of times, my steam name is totally different from my name here and so on.
If someone is claiming to be me outside this forum, e-mail or github, it's most likely not me. Especially if it's in a game that doesn't run on 10 year old toasters.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
Good luck to you then, IRL does take precedence over online stuff so it is completely understandable. Cheers.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...

Offline leland

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
    • Github
Hey dudes!

I'm Leland. I've been helping out a bit on Github where I can as @leland. My career is in web development but I've been recently using CDDA as an excuse to get acquainted with C++ again.

However, when I figure out who to talk to I'll hopefully be able to lend a hand with website development and design, which is my forte :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:58:12 PM by leland »

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
Welcome to the forums! Have a cozy stay! Always awesome to have devs around, hehe

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
look forward to seeing you around, successful aspirations or not ^.^

Offline COS_Cecillian

• NPC
  • Cataclysm DDA: Deafness Simulation 2016
    • View Profile
I RETURN ONCE AGAIN! Since my summer break is coming up, I'll have lots of free time to sink into this game. For now, I'll just stick with my super old 0.C-6149 Build and crank up the enemy strength to counteract all those times I was being cheap with the game.