Author Topic: ~Community Cooking Corner~  (Read 10214 times)

Offline Ferodaktyl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: ~Community Cooking Corner~
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2017, 08:54:25 PM »
this site looks nice http://www.bizarrefood.com

if anyone orders, lemme know, i might buy some myself

Offline bostltch

• NPC
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »
this site looks nice http://www.bizarrefood.com

if anyone orders, lemme know, i might buy some myself

I am so going to buy scorpion vodka from this

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
HAVE SOME WWI COOKIES FROM AUSTRAILIA.

INGREDIENTS:
2 CUPS FLOUR
2 CUPS OATS. THE REAL STUFF NOT INSTANT OATMEAL.
2 CUPS SUGAR
1 CUP DESICCATED COCONUT
1 CUP OF UNSALTED BUTTER. DOES NOT KNOW IF THIS MATTERS.
2 TBSP GOLDEN SYRUP WHATEVER THE FUCK THAT IS
3/4 TBSP BAKING SODA
1/4 CUP BOILING WATER

INSTRUCTIONS:
1.PREHEAT OVEN TO THE HEAT OF THE SUN (350 Degrees)
2.LINE BAKING SHEETS WITH PARCHMENT PAPER
3.COMBINE FLOUR, COCONUT, SUGAR, AND OATS
4.MELT BUTTER IN SMALL SAUCEPAN OVER MEDIUM HEAT WITH SYRUP
5.DISOLVE BAKING SODA IN BOILING WATER
6.STIR TO COMBINE
7.ADD MIXTURE TO DRY INGREDIENTS
8.STIR TO COMBINE
9.USE ICECREAM SCOOP TO SHAPE AND PLACE THE DOUGH ON BAKING SHEET 2 INCHES (5.08cm for the metric user out there.)
10.FLATEN DOUGH BY PUNCHING LIGHTLY (Slightly press the dough with the heel of your hand.)
11.BAKE FOR 15 MINUTES

ENJOY THESE MOTHERFUCKING COOKIES.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2017, 02:15:12 AM »
ANZAC biscuits!
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
Put them on the list as BLITZS MOTHERFUCKING AUSSIE COOKIES please :)
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Full of sigs

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »
Full of sigs

Offline 4R53N1C

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2017, 10:23:27 PM »
Maenethal's Mystery Meal

1 can of SPAM
1 can of chunk chicken
1 can of baked beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups of flour
1 packet of French Onion Soup mix
1/4 cup of butter/oil
2 eggs
season to taste

Whisk the eggs together with the butter/oil until smooth. Add seasoning, soup mix, flour and mushroom soup and mix until dough-like.
Line a greased, small bread pan with part of your dough and make a pie crust.
Mix the chicken and beans together. Layer the spam on the bottom of the pie, then add the chicken and beans on top. Use the rest of the dough top make a top for the pie. Poke some holes in the top for ventilation and cook until the crust is a golden brown.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2017, 03:33:15 AM »
i've got a handful of recipes, but none of them are written down and none of them use precise measurements anyway, if you don't season by constantly tasting what you cook, you're not a chef really i don't think.

i guess that is what they teach the idiots these days though, but god damn, does it make for some awful shit-garbage, which could have easily been food if the person seasoned it at the proper time.

at any rate, i make one hell of a chicken soup from scratch (ok, fine, i cheat and use bullion, sue me) but anyway:

1. get a big boiling pot, fill it with water and around 7-15 cubes of chicken bullion and set it to high on the stove. only fill it about three quarters of the way to the top or you'll have to adjust in case of overflow when adding the rest.
2. also add basil, oregano, thyme and a bay leaf or two as well as some other spices you enjoy, go easy on them, give it a few moments to boil into your soup and then taste, keep adjusting until you think it's perfect, also after you've gotten the correct amount of other spices you can add salt and pepper, pepper can be poured in generously, or you can recklessly dump pepper into it as well if you want a very spicy soup, i'm talking TONS of pepper here though so just keep dumping, it'll clear your sinuses out good when you've got enough, but if you want it mild, go with the common sense amount instead.
3. get 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and drop them in the water to boil
4. do the same with 1-5 potatoes (i told you there are no exact measurements in real cooking, use your common sense), as a note i will say typically i peel them, but they work pretty well with the skin still on too if that's your preference, if you choose to do that however give them a nice good cleaning first, you don't want to taste dirt, after all.
5. slice up some celery to the desired sizes and toss that in too
6. (fine, one exact measurement) one gigantic white onion and personally one large walla walla onion as well, cube both and add to the warming water.
7. i also typically add a few carrots as well, peel and slice them, toss those suckers in, if you want other veggies now is the time to prepare them accordingly and add to the soup.
8. with any luck your water should have been boiling for at least a few minutes by now, if not, give it 5-10 and wait until it comes to a vigorous rolling boil
9. check that the bullion is fully dissolved, the water should be a nice neon yellow color by now.
10. pull the chicken breasts out with a pair of tongs, being careful not to burn yourself while handling them and cut them into approximately quarter of the breast sized strips, cut each strip either in half or into quarters depending on size (you're aiming for bite size here) if the chicken isn't fully cooked on the inside don't give it a moments worry, it's going right back into the boiling water anyway.
11. now you can open the package of noodles (use whatever kind you like but the kind i use and the kind these directions assume are big gigantic flour noodles you can get from uwajimya cultural food market, they're about 4mm thick or so, if you use egg noodles you'll need to let them cook, so be aware of that but flour type are always "raw") and add half a cup of vegetable oil to the soup, you can also add it directly to the noodles later, if you prefer but i feel straight into the soup tastes pretty good, the real purpose however is to keep the noodles nice and slippery slick, you want them things lubed up good cause here's where i divert from chicken soup you're expecting.
12. set aside a colander or something to strain and hold the noodles in afterwards and put them in the soup, give em around 5 minutes or so to get nice and boiled and warm up, they should steam heavily when lifted from it, if not let them go a few more, but with flour noodles, don't boil them to death, they could disintegrate if let in (a very long) too long and then put them in the colander and your soup is done.
OPTIONAL 13. you can also add things like green peppers, jalapenos, most any veggie really, i usually do some form of peppers myself, make sure to clean them of seeds if you use peppers, they're not listed as mandatory cause not everyone likes the same veg, use what you want, you probably have a general idea how to prepare it as well so that won't be explicitly addressed. and if you do this step, obviously don't wait until you're finished or they'll be uncooked. extra note, shallots are a good addition to... let's be honest, just about anything, just my recommendation.

serve the soup and noodles separately, each person should take however much noodles they want in a bowl and pour the sour over top.

and there you go, killer chicken soup, it really doesn't have a name and there's no real recipe either, i just started adding things to a pot, sampling it and well.... not being shit at cooking due to my dad being a chef, a Too-DAMN-Much original of a very well played out dish.

final note, this should take you anywhere from 2-3 hours to prepare, if it doesn't you're most likely undercooking things and needn't add bay leaves as they take a LONG time to really add much flavor anyway, also, most of your guests should be too smart to eat a bay leaf, but in case they aren't, BAY LEAVES ARE POISONOUS DO NOT EAT THEM IF YOU GET ONE IN YOUR SOUP, no need to go to the hospital because you thought there was lettuce in the soup, i've heard of people doing that.

[edit] was having a moment, changed all instances of thyme leaves to be bay leaves as is correct
also, in case of your attempt tasting like crap, a few things i'll suggest are go lighter on the seasoning initially as well as consider what spices you use and if any of them don't go well together (where you ad-lib) or have conflicting flavors, cooking is 100% trial and error, this didn't taste amazing until the third time i made it, personally, my meat stew recipe is still being worked on and isn't ready to serve anyone. [/edit]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:53:04 AM by TooDAMNMuch »