Author Topic: Frostbite is non-fatal?  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Zero

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Frostbite is non-fatal?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 07:42:06 PM »
The appropriate way to deal with that mechanically in-game would be for it to interrupt your progress on your current task, possibly adding time to complete or chance to failure. That would make it imperative to *not* be in a pain-causing position. Its current implementation is a *player* annoyance only, not actually interfering with the *character's* actions.

So I'd be okay with not being able to ignore it if it actually had a mechanical effect. As long as it has no mechanical effect all it does is cut into my play time with useless prompts.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 08:06:42 PM »
The appropriate way to deal with that mechanically in-game would be for it to interrupt your progress on your current task, possibly adding time to complete or chance to failure. That would make it imperative to *not* be in a pain-causing position. Its current implementation is a *player* annoyance only, not actually interfering with the *character's* actions.

So I'd be okay with not being able to ignore it if it actually had a mechanical effect. As long as it has no mechanical effect all it does is cut into my play time with useless prompts.

Good God no. Have you ever played with the Itchy Metal Thing faulty bionic? Outright interrupting crafting would annoy the player FAR more.

Offline vache

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 08:35:59 PM »
When you start crafting if could check your current status effects for coughing or frostbite and so on, and it could prompt you: "you have a painful condition that will delay completion of this task, continue anyway?"  And instead of prompting you to continue, it just adds onto the time to craft.  Pressing the wait 1 turn button could break you out of crafting if it's a long operation and you change your mind.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 02:40:30 AM »
Vache's suggestion strikes me as quite functional. Now: how much do different conditions extend crafting times by?
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline ShinQuickMan

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 04:25:09 AM »
If this is going in, could we at least revise the starting gear for most of the professions? As it stands, I could only name about a handful that are at at all prepared to handle the harsh New England... spring.

Offline voskhod

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2015, 09:00:38 AM »
If this is going in, could we at least revise the starting gear for most of the professions? As it stands, I could only name about a handful that are at at all prepared to handle the harsh New England... spring.

Nothing warming yourself by a fire from time to time can't fix.