Author Topic: Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)  (Read 646570 times)

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)
« Reply #3795 on: October 01, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »
A crown. Craftable with gold, perhaps some diamonds. Basically just a very fancy item you can craft and have your stylish survivor wear. Maybe a crown with helmet for some actual defense - like this one http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-1320-lionheart-helmet.aspx.

Basically stuff that uses gold or diamonds. Heavy, encumbering clothing/armor for stylish bonuses and swag.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• Zombie Food
  • Spudjutsu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: October 05, 2017, 11:26:44 PM »
We need a way to store quaterstaves and maces/morningstars, its a real pain in the ass not having a realiable way to store those kinds of weapons in a back scabbard.
You can feel the blood in your medication stream.  It's a strange feeling.

Offline AseaHeru

• Survivor
  • Looking for a way back into the Asylum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: October 06, 2017, 12:34:44 AM »
 The ability to toggle funnels and the like on vehicles on and off.

An alternative idea(or a supplemental one) would be the ability to transfer contents of vehicular tanks to other tanks in vehicles, perhaps via a pump installed if it is wished to not be a normal ability.
I am in your threads, leaving piles of transparent comments.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: October 06, 2017, 01:36:11 AM »
vehicle pump sounds reasonable.... isn't there the option to siphon already though? Doesn't work on same vehicle tanks though does it?
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: October 08, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »
We need a way to store quaterstaves and maces/morningstars, its a real pain in the ass not having a realiable way to store those kinds of weapons in a back scabbard.

Seconded.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: October 08, 2017, 10:28:12 PM »

Seconded.
And spears.

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: October 09, 2017, 12:09:15 AM »
How long do you guys think a quarterstaff is? Because they're like 6 to 9 feet long. Strapping it to your back would be pretty clunky. Most people would just hold it in their hand, and set it down against a tree or whatever if they needed both hands for something.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: October 09, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »
What about the zweihander? Albeit I don't think this is the version of it the was 7 feet long or something.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: October 09, 2017, 04:32:31 AM »
A crown. Craftable with gold, perhaps some diamonds. Basically just a very fancy item you can craft and have your stylish survivor wear. Maybe a crown with helmet for some actual defense - like this one http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-1320-lionheart-helmet.aspx.

Basically stuff that uses gold or diamonds. Heavy, encumbering clothing/armor for stylish bonuses and swag.

I make a PR for crafting crown: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22112.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: October 09, 2017, 07:09:47 AM »
Can someone update the pr to get the auto fire mechanism working again?

Offline harison86

• Zombie Food
  • God of Mutagen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: October 18, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »
Making gas pumps more durable/less prone to red barrel behavior. I get that it's sometimes awesome and maybe it's not really a problem for most people, but I just blew up two gas stations just by trying to pull up next to them; the second one nearly killed my character. Probably a worse problem for new players that don't know vehicles very well yet.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:30:04 PM by harison86 »
Jackhammers are better than stethoscopes.

Profile pic by John Candlebury

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: October 19, 2017, 03:01:14 AM »
doesn't seem particularly accurate for a 100% chance of fiery explosion if the spark and fumes are not substantial. Gasoline doesn't actually burn, its fumes do, so it would be harder than the game likely portrays it... not that I have any experience with this. My understanding is that you can put a match out in gasoline. Just make sure theres no fumes.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: October 19, 2017, 07:28:55 AM »

I make a PR for crafting crown: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/22112.

It is in the game, now.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: October 19, 2017, 02:54:45 PM »
So we can now be THE KING!!!

Offline Ronin1791

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: October 19, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »
Might just be because I'm eating one, but how about a fried egg sandwich as a simple and filling snack/light meal? It would also help use up individual eggs when you don't have enough for a full scramble.