Author Topic: Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)  (Read 597037 times)

Offline nick0010

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Needful things (simple additions to improve the game)
« Reply #3630 on: June 16, 2017, 03:37:55 PM »
Would it be reasonable to change acidic/spitter zombies so that pulping them doesn't spread acid? Having to either go out of my way to move the corpse and butcher it, or risk having acid splash onto me is annoying and doesn't add much to the gameplay.
I use it to my advantage. Smash an acidic zombie corpse between you and a horde to thin out the horde a bit. Like an acid bomb but slower. Even more effective if you have turnout pants and rubber boots. Also standing on a shopping cart or similar 1 tile boardable vehicle negates acid puddles.

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: June 16, 2017, 03:51:14 PM »
Would it be reasonable to change acidic/spitter zombies so that pulping them doesn't spread acid? Having to either go out of my way to move the corpse and butcher it, or risk having acid splash onto me is annoying and doesn't add much to the gameplay.

It is supposed to force the slower butchering instead of fast pulping, to make necros more dangerous.
Though honestly, it causes more player tedium than the intended effects.

From what I know, the gimmick is generally well received.

How about this: pulping acidic zombies gets ~3 times slower, but avoids all blood spills in the direction of the pulper (and friends).
This would retain the gimmick, not be annoying, and not be hard to write.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: June 16, 2017, 06:32:54 PM »
already have that, press | and you can wait

holy crap, legitimately did not realize that was a thing, thanks.

Offline kaluce

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: June 18, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
Quick UI fix: Add a "Repair" option to damaged items, or optionally add functionality to "mend". 

I have a pair of boxers that are ripped:

Current: Open storage, dig out tailor's kit, realize that kit is empty, dig out second tailor's kit, open inventory and activate (or use %), select repair (material), select boxers, repair/enhance

Idea: open inventory, select boxers, select mend, prompt for tool (nearby), repair/enhance.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: June 19, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
it would be good to be able to open the @ list of effects while sleeping or waiting.

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: June 22, 2017, 05:13:06 PM »
Move the ammolinks from generic to magazine folder. It's kinda difficult to find them if you manually search for em
Inactive.

If you have questions about my posts, send me a PM.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: June 24, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »
some sort of ingame checklist like a really basic day planner or shopping list.

basically where you could write down a goal and cross it off once you've done it somehow, i keep having the problem of forgetting what i was about to do when i get a fair bit into a game.

Offline Szara

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: June 25, 2017, 03:54:39 AM »
Using a washboard to wash a piece of leather, rag, etc, washes more than one item at a time (to me about five would seem appropriate). It seems silly that the same amount of detergent can clean an entire turnout coat as it can a single rag. And especially that an entire bar of soap can only clean ten rags or whatever before being depleted.

Alternatively, since the main reason to wash materials en masse is to craft, allow crafting with filthy items, get a filthy output, then we can just clean the end product.
It's the end, the War has been lost,
Keeping them safe 'till the river's been crossed.
Not a battle, but a holding action!
Holding their ground to the final platoon,
Hurry Up! We're waiting for you!
Men of the 9th and civilians too.

Offline lordmatiz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: June 28, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »
I'd like to see:

Proximity sensor - for stationary (or not) lights at base- I'd like them to turn on when some zombies are close.

Twilight sensor - same as above, but turns on when it's getting dark.

Stationary recharging station - I'd like to refuel my electric car at base and I'd like to have an item to be build on one vehicle to be able to connect it to another one and to transfer energy. Preety much like jumper cable, but with MUCH HIGHER transfer rate.