Author Topic: Latest experimental features.  (Read 627478 times)

Offline keyspace

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Latest experimental features.
« Reply #1065 on: January 11, 2017, 09:56:38 PM »
Swappable storage battery doesn't need skill/tools to install/remove now/again.

EDIT: Given there's a mount, of course.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:40:41 PM by keyspace »
If I wanted something real, I'd go for a walk.

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 26, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
Holy shit I forgot this exists. We really need some less-thready, more wiki format for updates.

• Faster drawing of nothing (can net 300+% extra FPS so pretty big deal)
  • Can now aim ranged bionics
  • Filthiness effects are now a mod, but filthiness itself is not (without the mod, it is only an eyesore for your OCD)
  • Broken limbs heal gradually and not randomly
  • Crafting clothing no longer requires you to reload the kit. You only need resources around.
  • Nerf to energy content of gas and diesel - down to 33%

Offline Logiwonk

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 27, 2017, 04:13:17 AM »
Whoever added craftable maple syrup I just want you to know this is my favorite new feature since I last downloaded the exp version!

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 27, 2017, 03:36:54 AM »
not sure who made the changes but i like the non-fullscreen inventory window in the current experimentals, it seems like the UI has been getting some attention, looking good.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline nick0010

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 07, 2017, 01:39:18 PM »
The 30 tile range limit for firearms was removed, however you can not currently see the range of a firearm. This makes ranged weapons, bows in particular, more realistic to use but slightly more tedious.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 08, 2017, 03:46:42 AM »
Not a direct player-facing feature, but I finally got travis builds working, this means every pull request and master build will run unit tests in addition to building the code, this means that as we continue to add unit tests, we can be more and more confident that changes aren't breaking things.

Example: There's a test that verifies that when you take medicine, it consumes charges of medicine.  I think this has broken 3 or four times over the years, and the chance of that happening again without us noticing are very low. (unit tests aren't infallible, so I'm not going to say it can't happen :P )

Also, over time unit tests help you increase the pace of adding features.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline papabrando

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 08, 2017, 10:37:03 AM »
The 30 tile range limit for firearms was removed, however you can not currently see the range of a firearm. This makes ranged weapons, bows in particular, more realistic to use but slightly more tedious.

They finally got rid of that range cap??? That is like the best news ever, I haven't played in like a month or two, too busy playing AoE2 HD, gonna grab a fresh copy right now and get into a bionic sniper run my lads.

Offline nick0010

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 12, 2017, 01:09:54 PM »
The range of firearms is now properly visible as of version 6510 (Bows are now useful again)
Also not really a feature but worth mentioning, a ridiculous amount of bugfixes, stability improvements, optimizations, and other boring things that aren't really visible.

Offline Noctifer

• Survivor
  • Evening Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 12, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
Larger spaces in gas stations.
This allows for more space for standard cars to manuver and is now friendly(er) to bigger cars.
May mother Venus guide us all!

...Noctifer's incredibly loot bloated Survivor Emcampments™...