Author Topic: Latest experimental features.  (Read 647224 times)

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
Re: Latest experimental features.
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 05:02:03 AM »
WOOT INDEED!

This oughta be fun.
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Slax

• Survivor
  • Crash Test Dummy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 06:10:43 AM »
Freeze-to-death-outside-a-clone-pod starts, here we come!

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 12:56:24 AM »
Hype x1 added to inventory.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »
A large area of development recently has been on applying the input manager written by cib to all the menus in the game.  What this means for the player is that it carries your key mappings to all the menus, so no more custom direction keys being overridden on some menus and not others.  it also allows you to remap keys on every single menu of the game.  this isn't 100% done yet, but we're closing in on the last few menus.

illi-kun took my idea of minimal clothing layering and ran with it, which i merged last night.  Now clothes only acquire stacking penalties based on other clothes in the same layer.  This makes a lot more sense, because previously you would get stacking penalties for wearing an ensemble of clothes designed to be worn together, like an undershirt/shirt/coat combination.

John candlebury proposed a mod that disables zombie resurrection, i cleaned it up a bit but i think he still deserves the credit.  As part of that, mods can now use a simple lua filter to modify monster flags when the game is loaded.  cib had it modifying monster stats(fast/slow zombie mods), but flags were a little weird.

csep added code that prevents monsters from getting stuck in a single-file conga line on stairs, they'll now use all the available stairs and even shove each other out of the way.  he also fixed some targeting issues where the obviously wrong enemy was getting targeted by default.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline sektor666

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »
So wait, does the gradual shift to action menus mean we might be looking at a feasible, playable android port soon-ish?

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »
That is one of the main things that we need to make an android port playable, yes.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire

Offline bubbadoo14

• Survivor
  • Surviving off the grid, man.
    • View Profile
    • Utterly Mad Forums
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
That is one of the main things that we need to make an android port playable, yes.
THAT SOUNDS FANTASTIC! I was wanting a portable C:DDA!

Offline Obscure

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 06:03:44 PM »
yeeeeeeesssssssss!

Offline bubbadoo14

• Survivor
  • Surviving off the grid, man.
    • View Profile
    • Utterly Mad Forums
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »
If you guys start making the android port I will be glad to play test it with my tablet. ^_^

Offline Wuzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 09:55:39 PM »
I think the game has become notably more difficult lately. That’s good.

Now you can’t just jack up a skill by repeating an easy task forever and ever. For example, cooking meat only trains your cooking skill up to 1. From that one, you have to cook more difficult recipes to level up. Nice.

(click to show/hide)

And third thing: Your weapons can get damaged by bashing/attacking over time. So you can’t use your two-by-four forever to bash zombie heads. :)

And also: Proper grammatical number support is in for items and monsters and more. This is a big step for translations, also for English. It is not perfect now. For mod makers and JSON writers:
Items and monsters have a new optional field “name_plural” where the English name has to be specified in plural form. The field “name” is for singular. If you do not specify the field “name_plural”, it is generated automatically by appending an “s”. So if your name is pluralized normally in English, you don’t have to specify “name_plural”.
English is extremely common. Don’t worry, other grammatical numbers found in other languages are respected as well, thanks to gettext. :-)
The modinfo.json accepts a new field “authors”. This is a string array for any number of authors. You still may use “author” and assign it a single string if there is only one author.

Edit: Now I remember again what was the third new difficulty added to the game. Read above.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:25:37 PM by Wuzzy »

Void Space

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »
I can has milestones?

Offline tikilla

• Zombie Food
  • Natural born zombie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 01:07:32 AM »
I found a new amoeba like monster lurking around a bunch of dead scientist. Also dead scientist\soldiers are much rare.
Zeds everywhere!

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 03:16:50 AM »
Language selection is now applied dynamically, and the option overrides your system settings.

Offline Slax

• Survivor
  • Crash Test Dummy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 10:23:37 AM »
What exactly is planned for the next release?

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 10:38:40 AM »
I can't guarantee that I'll answer the same question elsewhere on the forums, but I CAN guarantee that I will NOT answer it here.
This thread has a clearly stated topic, please stop posting off-topic questions, any further off-topic posts will be deleted without notice.

werty contributed a PR that has breech-loaders and revolvers eject casings on reload instead of when firing.

BevapDin made several enhancements to SDL drawing, making fullscreen work better and eliminating some drawing issues.

blockhead tileset added.

(just to be clear, there are tons of bugfixes and refactors happening all the time, but I'm trying to stay focussed on features)