(relatively new here, please go easy on me. played a handful of 0.9 games that were really short, and then a really, really long 0.9 game that took me well beyond the 0.A release. Skipped the 0.A stable and went straight to building from source on my mac (build instructions worked like a charm). Please forgive me, or feel free to delete this if I state something that actually isn't new, as I might have just recently noticed it in my ignorance.)
* Using symbols and color codes (like "s:b;") for my map messages is much easier on the eyes than a bunch of flashing yellow Ns.
* Moose are quite aggressive. They scare me more than zombears now.
* The zwolves and zombears have been breaking down my boarded up doors and windows way more frequently than they did in 0.9. I am spending time building real base defenses.
* I enjoy the the semicolon toggle for the construction menu, although I'm not sure how to tell if it is working (as most things are still grayed out for my new character on all both toggles.)
* Not sure when beer making got in, but I just noticed it, and I'm looking forward to using the yeast I just found in game.
[Edit one more, this is one of my favorites, even though this isn't a voting thread.]
* Noticed the color coding for books indicating what can be learned from it (white for nothing, blue for potential recipes and skill increase, yellow if there is no skill increase but there is a recipe to be found). The graying out of the individual recipes that have already been learned from a particular book is a nice touch.