Author Topic: Good space games  (Read 13100 times)

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
  • Boy, have I got a deal for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Good space games
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2016, 05:44:47 PM »
This thread's lack of Escape Velocity is unforgivable. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

This game reminds me intensely of something else...

EDIT: There's this old flash game called Star Trek Broken Mirror that plays exactly like it.

EDIT EDIT: Endless Sky is a more recent release that's free, open source, and cross platform on Steam and is inspired by Escape Velocity specifically.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:51:12 PM by Shopkeeper »

Offline SpadeDraco

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2016, 06:20:53 PM »
EDIT EDIT: Endless Sky is a more recent release that's free, open source, and cross platform on Steam and is inspired by Escape Velocity specifically.

Just checked this out and it looks awesome. You (and only you) are excused from being ashamed.

Offline Profugo Barbatus

• NPC
  • Is that a Minefield?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »

Just checked this out and it looks awesome. You (and only you) are excused from being ashamed.

I've been playing Endless Sky for the last few months, am I excused? :P
a - || Hip Flask of Coffee (Hot)

Offline SpadeDraco

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2016, 05:33:26 AM »

I've been playing Endless Sky for the last few months, am I excused? :P

Play any Escape Velocity?

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Hi, carefull I hear THAT guy is around here....
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2016, 03:06:36 PM »
Oh, so glad I checked out this thread. Endless Sky looks AWESOME so far. I've been playing Free Orion, which is more of a 4x Empire builder thing. But ever since .... Dang it I can't even remember the games name anymore. went down because hacker's wouldn't stop messing up the Multiplayer sectors. Can't even find the SP version that stayed up, but was a much lesser version of the game.

Anyways, Thanks.
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.
hey.... whats that hissing sound.

Offline Valpo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »
duskers.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2016, 03:57:04 AM »
No. It was a Kongregate game. Starship or something...
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2016, 03:58:23 AM »
I remember it now. Star-fighter: Disputed Galaxy

Offline jcd

• Survivor
  • the lazy one
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »

I have played endless sky for the last weeks.
I find it really nice actually, much more fun than lots of other non-free space games.
Also i love how easy it is to build-your-own and do mods. About as easy as it is with cata.

Offline SpadeDraco

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »

I have played endless sky for the last weeks.
I find it really nice actually, much more fun than lots of other non-free space games.
Also i love how easy it is to build-your-own and do mods. About as easy as it is with cata.

Yeah, EVlikes have always gelled with me. They do alot of things that other space games arbitrarily don't. Playable capital ships. Complex multi-string storylines where your choices actually matter. A few dozen wildly different viable play-styles. We need more Escape Velocity inspired games.

Offline wiso

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
I will highly recommend AVORION, its in early acces but is one of the best space games i played, and i played a lot xD
take a look at it ;)