Author Topic: The Day I Tried  (Read 2953 times)

gtaguy

The Day I Tried
« on: January 05, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »
Hello ladies and trolls! I bring you from the wastes of the Internet: The Day I Tried

The Day I Tried is going to be an iOs app where zombies... Evolve?
Yes Evolve, the successful zombies codes are mixed together to make ever more difficult enemies.

The Day I Tried is currently still in development but you can check out their website oefun.com
for updates and such.

gtaguy

Re: The Day I Tried
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 07:39:43 AM »
Is everyone just ignoring me now or....

Offline AssassinT90

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:03:24 AM »
I don't have an iPhone. I don't have an iPad. I don't have a Blackberry. I don't even have a dog. But it seems like a great concept, nonetheless.

gtaguy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:23:39 AM »
I'm waiting for it.

Offline wad67

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »
The game might be cheap or even free, but you need to invest a million or two in these new stupid devices they call "smart phones".

No.

Offline Shades

• Contributor
  • Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »
I say good luck to them, it's very rare (although not unheard of) that evolve mechanics in games are done well. They tend to be in a too simplistically setup to give interesting results. Will have to wait and see what they come up with.

gtaguy

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »
I kinda liked L4D's AI director, depending on the difficulty it might throw you a bunch of weapons. Or give you a tank.

I think it's like an evolving intelligence idea, successful zombie's (ones that hurt/get close to you) intelligence is merged with another successful intelligence. And that intelligence would be better than the last. Then that intelligence is merged and so on and so forth until the zombies are completely adapted to your play style.

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:59:06 AM »
So then the way to beat it would be to have two separate play styles and switch between them.

gtaguy

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:35:17 PM »
They would adapt to both play styles and kill you.