Author Topic: What are you currently playing ? (Mandatory topic)  (Read 95644 times)

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing ? (Mandatory topic)
« Reply #795 on: January 25, 2017, 01:40:38 PM »
I keep forgetting the name of a game someone posted here. Its a stranded on an island craft survival game. thesaurus is inexplicably useless despite the name being a 1 word named game synonymous with stranded/marooned. Why is that word so hard to remember?!?!?!
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
« Reply #796 on: January 26, 2017, 05:42:07 AM »
You got one of the words right! But you need to add "deep" after that word. There you will find the game you want. It's a two word game name!

Offline Ferodaktyl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 26, 2017, 12:48:24 PM »
just finished replaying Deus Ex Human Revolution. This time i just did a leisure play, exploring as much as i could. I am damn amazed at how well the game captures a dystopian alternate history , spent lots of time just listening to random dialogues between non-essential NPCs, watching news and reading lore.  Even though the player is given the illusion of choice until the end, this detracts nothing from an absolutely amazing story.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 26, 2017, 06:55:57 PM »
Nah, I found it  it was wayward. I remember it having a better name. A very simple but fun rougue-like.you get some minor benefits from previous play if they met certain milestones too, which is nice. Plus you get to keep all your recipes. Its basically mandatory that you find a wooded area though, or your survival time is seriously limited by your ability to make fire. Palm trees do not give all the needed ingredients. Namely twigs/branches which are needed to make kindling/tinder. Also you can't replant palms in any fashion, no saplings or such. The only other oboxious bit I can think of, is that backpack item is broken, especially in that putting a raft in will make it so you have to carry the raft while rowing it. meaning you can't hold much else. Pouch works fine for some reason though.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 27, 2017, 11:40:43 PM »
well.... since it's mandatory:
binding of isaac, death skid marks, factorio, grip, oxygen not included, planter coaster and rollercoaster tycoon world, rimworld, streets of rogue (really enjoying this one, very much recommended), unexplored (now that game has cool procedural generation, maybe one of the few actual procedural as well instead of just randomized) and those are the ones i'm really actively playing lately, i'd still like an excuse to get back into arma 3 multiplayer, but.... that'll never realistically happen because the main reasons i gave up on it was the terrible quality vehicle to vehicle physics interactions, the every group you spend much time with eventually someone wants to start duping and the god awful lag.

oh and cataclysm dda in case it's not obvious, this game is pretty much timeless imo.

[edit] nearly forgot, but i just found out about duskers and had to pick it up, seems like a really cool game, i'm remembering how much DOS prompts suck through it though is the problem, but at least they added things like autocomplete for commands and such. [/edit]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 11:47:40 PM by TooDAMNMuch »
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 02, 2017, 06:21:02 PM »
I wasted 26 hours on Fallout Shelter.
Don't play it. It's bad, but addicting.
The only reason not to call it "Skinner box" is that Skinner himself requested not to call the box after him.

Offline Codeslamer

• NPC
  • Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 02, 2017, 09:32:51 PM »
I wasted 26 hours on Fallout Shelter.
Don't play it. It's bad, but addicting.
The only reason not to call it "Skinner box" is that Skinner himself requested not to call the box after him.
26 hours? I feel your pain.

As for what I (was) playing, it was Cogmind. It's a roguelike thing where you play a robot. And kill other robots. It's pretty fun and recently came into Beta so it's much cheaper than it used to be.
Now I scan the internet looking for the next game to take a few days of my time. It isn't going well.
There'd be a picture here. But oh my god... IT'S SO DIFFICULT

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 14, 2017, 04:46:12 PM »
As for what I (was) playing, it was Cogmind. It's a roguelike thing where you play a robot. And kill other robots. It's pretty fun and recently came into Beta so it's much cheaper than it used to be.
Now I scan the internet looking for the next game to take a few days of my time. It isn't going well.

that is such an awesome roguelike, i wish i didn't suck so badly at it.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #803 on: June 25, 2017, 11:02:24 AM »
Dishonored 2, and I'm really enjoying it; it's everything I wanted and then some.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Offline Walegrin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 26, 2017, 05:49:14 AM »
Aurora 4x.  It is more management than I usually enjoy but still........

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 26, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
Oxygen not included
Kinda Dwarf-Fortressish, but with much more thermodynamics and less dimensions or combat.
Unlike Rimworld or Factorio, this time the second dimension is vertical (up/down, not north/south).

Offline bobbyboey

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 28, 2017, 07:11:33 AM »
I was playing the Fallout series, but I beat the original two (I'm playing Tactics now, but not devotedly, due to lack of any story,) and am looking for a good game to play. I'm trying Wasteland right now, and am enjoying it, but I want a game with more of a story. I don't care about graphics as long as they're not excellent-- my computer has a moderately tough time playing Fallout: NV on medium graphics. I'd like it to be a kind of long game, as I beat the Interplay Fallout games in roughly a weekend. I do love old games, such as the first 3 Metroid games, and the Atari game Adventure. I'm currently playing Cataclysm DDA, but am still working on getting it on my laptop. If anyone knows another good game to play, I would be open to suggestions.

Offline Vidiveni

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 03, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »
streets of rogue (really enjoying this one, very much recommended), unexplored (now that game has cool procedural generation, maybe one of the few actual procedural as well instead of just randomized)[/edit]

Great advice. These two turned out to be awesome.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 08, 2017, 05:52:41 AM »
been playing starship theory recently as it just came out, the game still has quite a lot to add but people are describing it as FTL + Rimworld and it's kind of awesome so far.
people ask THAT often.

Offline Ferodaktyl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 08, 2017, 04:01:55 PM »
@bobbyboey, try Underrail, very good cRPG imo