Author Topic: What are you currently playing ? (Mandatory topic)  (Read 91588 times)

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing ? (Mandatory topic)
« Reply #825 on: September 04, 2017, 05:58:33 PM »
I mostly play crappy phone games, the current less crappy one is Infinitode, it's a tower defense game with a tech tree for tower upgrades.  Ends up as a mashup of tower defense and an incremental, which is fun at first and then turns into grinnnnnd.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 05, 2017, 02:12:53 PM »
Yeah, I stopped playing that when it became clear thats where it was going. It basically said so from the start, but once I had a level in the tech tree it was basically. Yep I have learned everything of value this has to offer, and foresee no more entertainment value here.

Age of Strategy is a Turn based strategy similar to Advanced Wars or Tactikon. Building units uses turns as currency per building. It has a master tech tree that unlocks everything and also allows the purchase of one time use powers. But you want a lot of those unlockable units for the campaigns that are MANDITORY if you want any of the crystals used to buy the master tech tree stuff. Can't play fun random games and get any credit. Only campiagns.

Luckilly there are like a billion such campaigns many user submitted that let you level up bit by bit, but most are either so easy, but using such large armies facing off from across the map that it makes it a grind to manually move all the units. And sure you can set them via, the building or individuals or groups to set a waypoint for them to move towards, but;
  • they have ZERO pathing ability and will all run straight towards the waypoint, even if it crams them into a wall instead of going around it.
  • units of the same speed moving together, will move out of order and force adjacent units to take less than the max steps forwards
Or they probably require units and upgrades you have no access to until you beat more campaigns.

Other than that its a great game.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Ferodaktyl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 05, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
bought TESO a few days ago at a great discount. i'm playing it as a sp game, for the extra lore and to explore Tamriel. AT 10$ wasnt a bad purchase, but it's indeed a mmo. Anyway, the main quests aren't too bad, and traveling around and speaking with the NPCs, stealing their shit and reading all the bits and pieces is worth the price. Otherwise it's retardedly easy and i've died maybe 2-3 times, more because i missed a key than due to challenge posed by any mob. Eh, think SWTOR, played it for the story with 2-3 clases, they are mostly on par.

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 11, 2017, 03:54:56 PM »
Darkwood
Top-down survival horror with limited field of vision.
Holy fuck it does manage to nail the atmosphere of a "run, don't look back". It also has a mechanic that forces the player to camp out the night while monsters attack, which in the first few nights is intensely spooky.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 11, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »
Anxiety and suspense are the real hallmarks of the horror genre.

all this blood guts, sex, and 'cool' shit only detracts from it.

I managed to drip soup onto (into?) my computer, and the sound card went krak-kow! fizzle crack!  I can use headphones, but native sound is a  nono now.  The best of bad outcomes, I assure you.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 11, 2017, 07:37:49 PM »
so your saying that a broken sound card makes some horror games more intense?
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:34 PM »
I dont horror game any more.

But the sound of the chip on the fritz was horrifying.

If I MUST comment on games I do play Im playing CKII and the world is currently deblobed af.  The two mussies broke apart into gore, the seljuks empire and shia syria exist.  Europe is getting nommed by me, and the vikings have holdings in England for once.  Scotland, to be percise.  They hold norther scotland and wessex (of all places) and north ireland.

Khazaria was a monster for a while, as they ate up RUS and ruthenia.  Bohemia was a monster before that, owning hungary and pannonia and armenia and saxony.  and the mongols are/were a power in the east, controlling everything behind khazaria.

India is a pile of gore, and the african monothyists were just recently overrun by the deblobed egypt and yeman.  Egypt has eaten the christain kingdom of tunis, and fuckin' Muslim Castille is the dominant Spanish kingdom, as Hispania proper is now centered in moorish land and Castile [i[assimilated[/i] birttany into its de jure holdings.  Hold onto that,  Brittany is dejure part of castille.

Im lithuania (prussia due to culture) and now that khazaria has fallen and there are still no crusades Im running armok.  In maybe 50 years the crusades will trigger, but I dont think it will save any european power but italy, as aquitaine is the only part of france not gored and heresied into oblivion.

So, byzantine is taking armenia and wallachia, and they are the only coherent empire but mine own.  Svijod converted to my religion to avoid a crusade up their bums, and I didnt even want to crusade up there (so Im okay with this) because owning 'the north' would make an easy situation even easier.

Svijod owns the majority of scandinavia, with danmark recently breaking away.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:50:37 PM by pisskop »

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 11, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »
Anxiety and suspense are the real hallmarks of the horror genre.

all this blood guts, sex, and 'cool' shit only detracts from it.

That's why I liked Darkwood. It doesn't get any real guts until one-third into the game, has like one very minor jump scare in the whole game, instead relying on sounds of footsteps (not faked, just monsters walking around), music, limited vision, growls from outside vision, and penalties for dying.

Online NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 14, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »
Psychonauts is free on the Humble Bundle store right now for anyone interested. I have it from a previous bundle, but still haven't played it. It's not like CDDA or anything, but have heard it's not bad for what it is.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 14, 2017, 11:18:56 PM »
Thanks!

Online NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 15, 2017, 09:21:44 PM »

Online NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 22, 2017, 12:46:37 PM »
Outlast is now free on the Humble Bundle store, probably for a limited time, for anyone interested!

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 22, 2017, 03:56:04 PM »
thanks again.

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
« Reply #838 on: September 22, 2017, 11:13:30 PM »
EDF
EDF
EDF
EDF
EDF

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 22, 2017, 11:36:56 PM »
Tell me more.