Author Topic: Testing the Tank Drone  (Read 6060 times)

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
Re: Testing the Tank Drone
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 09:31:47 AM »
My scooter's Mark 19 grenade launcher took one out with about 5/7 frag 40mms (may have been concussive), while I stayed out of its range.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »
Some random silliness I've done on the tank drone, re-tested on the semi-current version:

-Killing them with loose caltrops: works. You pretty much need to set a large area with caltrops if you want a good chance of destroying them, but it works. A single caltrop does surprisingly good damage against them.
-Goo pits. Turns them into a blob. The chances of having a tank drone spawn near a lab is pretty dang low, so having this happen without any debug is unlikely, but the goo pits work on them.

Also tried a few more silly things:

-Chainsaw Lajatang. Kills them in two to three hits. 13 strength, decent melee skills, but somewhat encumbered by clothing. The tank drone will get some hits in with the flamethrower and tazer, especially since the chainsaw lajatang has a horrid hit chance.
-Barrett and .50 ammo. Two critical shots. Can be done in broad daylight. Can shoot them down before they get in range to shoot the rifle, but they can shoot the grenade launcher.
-100 manhacks. All manhacks die. They can't damage the tank drone.
-Shoggoth. Tank drone doesn't seem to use the tank gun. Grenade launcher, rifle, flamethrower and tazer not enough to kill shoggoth. Shoggoth gets near and wrecks the drone.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Logrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 01:23:08 AM »
I remember in an older version creeping up to a tank drone with the artificial darkness cbm and frying it with the EMP CBM...

I assume they can see through that now, but would either the invisibility cloak or an artifact with said power allow one to do the same?

Side note: What about chain lightning? Is that more effective on bots?

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 04:05:52 AM »
1. Holy necro batman!
2. Hey, cool, I'm on the wiki.
3. If I ever get back into Cataclysm I'll redo these tests.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Online TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »
try with a vorpal dildo, for shits and giggles. :)
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.