Author Topic: Vehicle Additions Pack (Updated December 8)  (Read 96463 times)

Offline Blaze

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Turrets Mod
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 05:27:28 AM »
That's simple enough, I also added support for the acetylene torch for all recipes. The scrap vs chunk vs lump formula isn't precise, so you'll lose metal if you don't disassemble all the way. I added didn't add lumps to all recipes that use scrap, usually where the amount of metal between chunks and lumps was too high.

Canister launchers can now launch modified mininukes if you're so inclined.
Buffed corpse ram slightly.
Grenade Launcher turrets can now carry 8 shots. Still only launches a single one per turn.
Scorpion and Spear launcher have increased damage.
Fuel efficiency of all flamethrower turrets has been improved.
Added mounted Ripper. It works like a spike or a blade, but more powerful and taxes your engine instead of draining power. If loaded with additional bladed disks, it will launch them into enemies. It's mounted as a protrusion; so it doesn't need to be mounted on a frame (its recipe requires a heavy duty frame though). Only holds a single disk. It will still deal ram damage even when not loaded (It carries its own disk). Still needs testing so it may not work fully; seems fine on my end.

As always, the link in the OP is always updated with the latest version.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 12:01:49 PM »
Loading a save in the release candidate gives these errors:

Then three more like this one with '2xnailer', 'bolter', and 'splintergun'. Those items are the only turrets I have on my vehicle.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 10:27:22 PM »
Ooh, cascade JSON parsing error!  ^_^  You can destroy the whole game with one of those in the right place!

I merged a rebar recipe into mainline, so it and/or the mod recipe will--as the error message says-- need an "id_suffix" to play nicely together.  Just add (foe example)
Code: [Select]
"id_suffix" : "Blaze's",
to the mod and/or
Code: [Select]
"id_suffix" : "mainline",
to the mainline recipe entries, and that should fix 'em right up.

Offline Blaze

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »
Oof, I'll fix that quick. I've reuploaded the quick fix, link on the OP.

Haven't had much time to add more, due to being busy with work, I'll probably add a few more things before trying to figure out how to pull a request.

Offline Stelknecht

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 12:40:28 AM »
Hey, these are totally awesome (well, the dual nail turret and the ripper, which is all i've built so far). I really like the post-apocalyptic 'use whatever scrap you can find' brand of ammo and they're actually as or more effective (sorry!) than the vanilla turrets, as well as being more interesting to craft and scavenge for. I spent 3 damn days making chains for that ripper.. I better find some Z's to mulch pretty quick or I'm going to have to tear it off of Kermie and hit monsters with it to get my feels out!
Very nice work I'm excited about spotting a gazillion turrets around my rig and watching monsters explode.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 12:43:19 PM »
Now it's giving me 'the world uses an unknown mod: blazemod' errors. Also, all my turret frames and such are 'undefined-turretframe'.

EDIT: Disregard this post, I dun fucked up but I fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:45:29 PM by TheFlame52 »
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline The Lone Badger

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 06:30:10 AM »
Now what we need is a car part that grabs any stones it passes over, smashes them into pebbles and drops them in the hopper.

Offline Blaze

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 07:28:28 AM »
Changed a few more things, I think it's pretty much set unless someone else has more ideas or the new update will add more features..

Changes:
Canister gun/mortar replaced by Slingshot cannon. Slingshot cannon expands the utility by being able to use both the canister launcher's ammo and more common ammunition such as rocks and pool balls (Which can be reused). Lead balls also can be made for even more punch.
Rocks/Pool balls are now ammo (Doesn't affect anything else).
Added Avalanche turret (Pebble)
Added armor types Rebar reinforcement (Light and weak, meant for conserving weight by lightening armor load on internal sections) and shock absorbers (Uses springs, between steel plating and hard plating in terms of weight/durability).
Made the M2 Browning more ammo-efficient (This affects existing vehicles).
Nerfed splintergun a bit.

Offline Zaweri Runewright

• Survivor
  • Nigel Tonberry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 02:00:48 PM »
Why is dis not in the mainline as a mod yet?

Offline Arek_PL

• Survivor
  • NEVER ENOUGHT VOLUME IN INVENTORY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »
anybody saw a tank bot? his 120mm gun will look nice on a car ammo will be only problem (rare spawn at bunkers?)

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »
anybody saw a tank bot? his 120mm gun will look nice on a car ammo will be only problem (rare spawn at bunkers?)

Sure and it'll fire it at targets one tile away from your car, sound good?

(In other words, the bots are designed to not let that gun fall into enemy hands.)

Offline jokermatt999

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 10:41:15 PM »
This looks amazing. I don't know why I haven't added it into my game yet. Any chance of this being added into mainline or at least an included mod?

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 10:59:56 PM »
This looks amazing. I don't know why I haven't added it into my game yet. Any chance of this being added into mainline or at least an included mod?

Because poor Blaze is overworked and under-Git'd so no PR.  :-(

Offline jokermatt999

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 04:42:25 AM »
Blaze, once the stable drops, I'd be more than happy to submit a PR for you so more people can experience the joy. All credit (and praise) would go to you, but that way it'd be in there. KA, does that mean you all would consider mainlining it if it was submitted? Also, is it better to do larger features like this as a mod first? I've had a few systems in mind that could use work1, but I didn't want to jump into anything too much and have the effort be wasted.

1 Farming/growing (probably more of a PR), the Construction Vehicle idea I posted (though that will take a while), a possible mech mod (seems to be a well liked idea, but I'm dubious how it'd work for canon), folding vehicles (Likely a PR, needs balance tweaking)...I just need to more time to code. Most times I'm posting here I'm on my phone AFK, but I'd rather be coding.

Offline Blaze

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2014, 07:39:20 AM »
Well, adding it to the disassembly recipe and having robots drop ammo would make facing a tankbot somewhat worthwhile. However, it's doubtful that even a heavy duty frame would be able to handle the recoil, and the gun itself has a huge explosion radius, there's a very good chance that your vehicle will be in it.

The name of the game here is "practicality", and I'm fairly certain mounting a 4000DMG + 800AP to kill ~100hp enemies would fall smack-dab in the middle of Awesome, but Impractical.

Still, If enough people ask for it, I don't see why I shouldn't to add it. Though I doubt it'll make it to mainline if it did. Still, if it does make it as a mod for the mainline game, that's still plenty.

Blaze, once the stable drops, I'd be more than happy to submit a PR for you so more people can experience the joy.
By all means, one of the reasons I haven't PR'd it is because I never did gitgud.