Author Topic: Vehicle Additions Pack (Updated December 8)  (Read 99960 times)

Offline stk2008

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Additions Pack (Updated December 8)
« Reply #750 on: April 03, 2017, 03:47:52 PM »
The problem I have is it wont even load.
I hit start game after entering a world name and it goes back to main menu.

When I get 5mins shall post the error that pops up.

Offline stk2008

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 03, 2017, 06:01:02 PM »
All righty then this is error I get on latest 64bit windows version using just this mod and stock CDDA mod

http://imgur.com/a/tqYH5

Offline Shiramizu

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 04, 2017, 07:25:25 AM »
That's because the fuel deffinition for engines changed from "fuel" to "fuel_type" and this mod wasn't udpated to reflect that (or some other changes for that matter). The version you get from the launcher will work, but lacks some newer features.

Offline stk2008

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 04, 2017, 08:11:15 AM »
Hi

Thanks for replying.ive actually been deleting the launcher version because back then that version use to be out dated but now it appears my version is.

Really want to play again but a lot of the mods i use seem to prevent loading i tryed pk mod that to did same thing but again i deleted launcher version and used my backed up one so shall use now all mods downloaded from launcher and test.

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 12, 2017, 03:08:30 AM »
So I finally made a vortex generator and now it doesn't do anything. I tried changing the vortex core to a liquid but I couldn't seem to put it into a tank in my car because it isn't in a container, and I couldn't find a way to put it in one. I tried debugging it in contained but it still spawned as an item.
I also tried using the newest version downloaded from here (I'm using the latest experimental main game version with the version of blazemod that comes with it) but it just gave me a crash every time I tried to load my save. I saw the earlier post mentioning that the mod used "fuel" instead of "fuel_type" and changed it in the files but then it gave me a bunch of errors about engines using non-fuel items on loading. Once it loaded it seemed to work alright but when I turned on the vortex generator it just turned right back off.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix all this?

Offline Rysith

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 12, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »
I think that the vortex generator uses water as fuel - try filling it with water and turning it on.

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 13, 2017, 12:57:30 AM »
I think that the vortex generator uses water as fuel - try filling it with water and turning it on.
I had it in a car with a full clean water tank. Does it need dirty water? Or can I somehow fill the vortex generator iteself?

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 13, 2017, 07:37:04 AM »
Try increasing the vortex core's energy stat. It can be found in blaze_test.json. I will test the change in a bit.
Inactive.

If you have questions about my posts, send me a PM.

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 13, 2017, 08:28:06 AM »
The vortex generator (not the vortex core) looks like it was derived from the old minireactor code from before the minireactor revision. It needs to be updated to work like the mini currently works.
Inactive.

If you have questions about my posts, send me a PM.

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 13, 2017, 09:48:35 AM »
The vortex generator (not the vortex core) looks like it was derived from the old minireactor code from before the minireactor revision. It needs to be updated to work like the mini currently works.
Could you explain how to go about that and/or share a fixed version of the files?

Offline mintbullet

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 30, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
Sorry for my poor English.
Sorry for changing your mod without permit ,Blaze  :(

I made a makeshift for this mod.
 Please backup your savedata before use this!!!
I'm not a programmer so I just try to fix problems according to Debugs error.
And I have no idea about those specific value like energy and engine power so I just use those value already in the mod.

When loading the game with this makeshift will shows Debug : vehicle part oozle uses undefined fuel oozle.
The bug looks like have no influence on game and I can't find which part is using oozle as fuel to fix it so I just ignored it.

Significant changes:

-Vortex engine now use no fuel, but you still need energy in your vehicle to start it.
  This is because when I tried to make water as fuel of vortex engine, no matter how I change the fuel energy of water,the  consumption is ridiculous- 0.3~0.5L per turn.
  So according Blaze's description I decide change the Vortex engine acts as a powerful motor consuming no thing actually.
  The power of  vortex engine is 400000,pretty insane while a enhanced electric motor has only 500 power.

-Add recipes of hoppers in WEAPON_MAGAZINES

-Oozing feeder now can transform to oozing assimilator and oozing pod.
  Looks like player can't get these parts by normal gaming,I guess it was a miss and fixed it.

-Diamond plating now need 250unit spiral matrix to install, as other diamond parts.

-Rail racks are available now.

-Removed CVD machine request from spiral matrix recipes so players can make it in normal play.

Here is the makeshift
mega.nz/#!9DQByJBY!7crCDglc9NFypSG2OhzvGRqaCmUe1a1wLrtdeMfcEho
 Please backup your savedata before use this!!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:33:32 PM by mintbullet »

Offline Maddremor

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 04, 2017, 07:56:24 PM »
I've put up a fork of the mod on GitHub with Blaze's blessing

https://github.com/Maddremor/cdda-Blazemod

Offline NuG

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 04, 2017, 10:35:40 PM »

So this is a "fixed" version of the "Vehicle Additions Pack" that you can normally enable in the launcher? Just delete that one and install this, right? I'm kinda new to all this.

Offline mentos046

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 05, 2017, 12:44:10 AM »
So this is a "fixed" version of the "Vehicle Additions Pack" that you can normally enable in the launcher? Just delete that one and install this, right? I'm kinda new to all this.

I'm not sure how to enable this version in the launcher, or if it is at all possible to do so, but I can tell you how to add it manually. In order to use this one, what you will need to do is download it from Github by following the link, then pressing the green "Clone or download" button, followed by the "Download ZIP" button. The file will be downloaded to the specified download location, usually a folder labeled "Downloads", on Windows devices.

The ZIP archive will be called "cdda-Blazemod-master". Open it and you will find another folder with the same name. That folder goes inside of the game's "mods" folder (cataclysmdda-0.C\data\mods, for the latest experimentals). You will also need to delete the old Blazemod folder to ensure that the game doesn't attempt to access the wrong mod.

Offline mintbullet

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 05, 2017, 06:49:31 AM »

This version still have problem with diamond plating and making spiral matrix.
I uploaded fixed version on megalink in my post.