Author Topic: Release candidate for 0.B  (Read 30938 times)

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Release candidate for 0.B
« on: October 27, 2014, 01:43:07 AM »
It's REALLYtime

Build #2395 is the latest release candidate for 0.B (Release name TBD as usual)
You can download it from these locations*:
Please run these builds through the wringer, and let us know if you run across anything that breaks the game by posting here (an issue on github is nice too).
The release is most likely happening TODAY, if there's a critical bug, please post about it NOW.

*I'll periodically update these links as we fix bugs, or if you normally grab latest experimental anyway, just grab that.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:39:10 PM by Kevin Granade »
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Keyreper

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Release candidate for 0.B
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:10:38 AM »
oh yay closing in on a new stable build i see? I hope the major bugs are found and removed before release.
Just one functional pickaxe, and I'll build a fortress to rival the Dwarven Halls of Armok!

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:43:36 AM »
Got about two more blockers and each has someone hard at work.  In the interval, we've merged some more fixes, too.

Offline Wuzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:53:19 AM »
Oh, hopefully I manage to finish off the remaining 168 German strings before release.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 06:34:15 AM »
Oh, hopefully I manage to finish off the remaining 168 German strings before release.

VlasovVitaly (lazycat-rus, I think?) just put the .pot update through.  Haven't frozen strings yet but that'll likely happen as soon as the two last blockers get in.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 07:43:06 AM »
That's really piss me off. Especially when i have an active mutations.
(click to show/hide)

That's understandably frustrating.  That said, you appear to have posted the first picture again as the third one.  Careful!

Update: Confirmed.  Mutation keybinds are assigned properly on chargen/mutation, but not saved/loaded properly.  When you load, they all a out.  Thanks for reporting.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:59:04 AM by KA101 »

Offline Slax

• Survivor
  • Crash Test Dummy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
Call it Obie. Because 0.B.

Offline Cosmitz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »
... I can stop stalking the github? Heresy!

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 02:05:54 AM »
... I can stop stalking the github? Heresy!
Heh, funny thing about feature freezes, people don't stop working on things, they just stop getting merged, so there's a flood of features right after a release.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Jarlaxle

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 04:17:21 AM »
Damn! Just when I have a character that is starting to get a foothold in zombie apocalypse...
In my experience the game seems to prioritize destroying whichever will be most inconveniencing. EkarusRyndren

Offline Tchey

• French Ambassador
  • Zombie Food
    • View Profile
    • Carnets Virtuels
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 07:52:31 AM »
Great new ! So how does it work ? I should play with 2287 ? You say, contine to play with the lastest (2294 now) ? The Experimentals are features freezed, only bugs fixed ?

Thanks.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »
Great new ! So how does it work ? I should play with 2287 ? You say, contine to play with the lastest (2294 now) ? The Experimentals are features freezed, only bugs fixed ?

Thanks.

Latest is best.  We're cutting back on new stuff and focusing on polishing what we've got; hard freeze hasn't happened yet but we're getting there.  There are two release-blocker issues pending, and each has someone already on it.  Once those issues are resolved, we'll likely bring the freeze and call in the translators and tileset artists.

Offline Snaaty

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »
Latest is best.  We're cutting back on new stuff and focusing on polishing what we've got; hard freeze hasn't happened yet but we're getting there.  There are two release-blocker issues pending, and each has someone already on it.  Once those issues are resolved, we'll likely bring the freeze and call in the translators and tileset artists.

Whoa, does that mean we will get the post-death-cam with this stable release? Awesome!
Who is working on it?

Offline Tchey

• French Ambassador
  • Zombie Food
    • View Profile
    • Carnets Virtuels
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »
Thank you for the clarifications. What about the z-level for some buildings ? Will i be able to throw a zombie previously put on fire, from a 3rd floor window and see it crashing on a car parked on the street ?

Did you look at X@COM ? The engine is quite impressive, with destructible buildings and some z-levels.

Offline Narc

• Zombie Food
  • Build system maintainer
    • View Profile
    • Narc.ro
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
I'd strongly recommend switching to build 2293 or 2294, as the former fixes a super-common crash that every time the player's armor gets damaged.