Author Topic: Release candidate for 0.B  (Read 30353 times)

Offline destrovel

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Release candidate for 0.B
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 03:48:04 PM »
http://www.filedropper.com/odem save file for 2294, if you pick up the jeans youre standing on, and try to cut them up with wielded combat knife, game crashes every time.
tested on ubuntu

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 05:25:25 PM »
Thank you for the clarifications. What about the z-level for some buildings ? Will i be able to throw a zombie previously put on fire, from a 3rd floor window and see it crashing on a car parked on the street ?

Did you look at X@COM ? The engine is quite impressive, with destructible buildings and some z-levels.
Z-levels are still a fair ways off. There's at least one person that I know of currently working on them, and there are still some rather nice cash rewards for whoever finishes them to the required specifications, but they are still a ways off.

Other game engines, while certainly impressive, don't solve our problem here, which is that there is a large amount of not-very-good code from the old systems that everything else depends on. As such you need to be able to update that, while still providing compatibility with the rest of the game.

Offline Bonevomit

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 10:51:17 PM »
Looking forward to this. Keep up the good work.

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 11:43:03 PM »
Maybe have a link to the bounty page on the front page of the site? I don't feel it gets enough attention that there are BIG CASH PRIZES to be had here.

Offline Leanderstein

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 11:49:27 PM »
The game is crashing when you try to cut clothes that have been reinforced, also scissors seem to crash the game if you try to cut something that has a material that it can cut and other that it not, like leather/kevlar. Tested on version 2295 windows console.

Also, I could have a look in that z-level stuff (or any programming related issue you might need help with), I don't have much experience with game development but at least I could check it out and for the moment I have some spare time to kill.

And keep up with the awesome work!!!

Offline prytoclasm

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 07:32:17 AM »
It crashes for me every time when I start the challenge mode in hospital, with static and random NPC's enabled, as soon as I open the door from the room I'm in. Tried another world, same issue. Also crashes instantly as soon as I want to pickup any clothing.

Sure the version in the link was the correct one as 'stable' RC?

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 07:36:18 AM »
It crashes for me every time when I start the challenge mode in hospital, with static and random NPC's enabled, as soon as I open the door from the room I'm in. Tried another world, same issue. Also crashes instantly as soon as I want to pickup any clothing.

Sure the version in the link was the correct one as 'stable' RC?

It's an RC, so we're looking for these sorts of crashes BEFORE we call it stable.  ;-)

That said, we're running latest-experimental as the RC whilst the last two fixes percolate (and one of them is just about ready, needs a helluva lot of testing as it involves a nontrivial code migration).

Offline Wuzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »
OK, I just finished off the the remaining German strings, except only 2 strings, which are fuzzy. The rest is done! I uploaded it as file to Launchpad this time, it can take about 1 day until the change is actually applied. Here you can see the status of pending PO file uploads: https://translations.launchpad.net/cdda/trunk/+imports

Oh, and can you please fix some minor issues with the English strings before you freeze them?:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=4403.msg186774#msg186774
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:02:47 PM by Wuzzy »

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 03:05:14 AM »
OK, I just finished off the the remaining German strings, except only 2 strings, which are fuzzy. The rest is done! I uploaded it as file to Launchpad this time, it can take about 1 day until the change is actually applied. Here you can see the status of pending PO file uploads: https://translations.launchpad.net/cdda/trunk/+imports

Oh, and can you please fix some minor issues with the English strings before you freeze them?:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=4403.msg186774#msg186774

Taken care of.

Offline youtoo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 12:38:36 AM »
For people who have not played since the last release the number of new features is ridiculous... Id have not touched the last official release in a long time. I cant even remember all the differences....

Offline Cosmitz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 05:07:09 AM »
I don't know if anyone actually seriously kept track of them but indeed, the number of new features, even underlying code blocks, is insane.

Rookie

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 07:02:26 AM »
The windows dl-links 404'd. Is it just me? I am using my mobile phone atm.

Offline Miloch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 03:27:19 PM »
I'm half guessing, but just pull the latest experimental.

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 05:22:32 PM »
Woah. Damned be the guy who will make the changelog! But hooray!

Also, i really want to see it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:25:00 PM by StopSignal »

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2014, 12:31:21 AM »
Woah. Damned be the guy who will make the changelog! But hooray!

Also, i really want to see it.

That would be Kevin.  Poor guy.