Author Topic: The Wiki Thread  (Read 23922 times)

Offline FredZeppelin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Wiki Search very slow
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2015, 01:19:43 AM »
The search function for the wiki is brutally slow right now. As in start a search, go for a cup of coffee kind of slow... Am loving learning this game, but that makes it pretty tricky.... Can someone look into that perhaps?

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: The Wiki Thread
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2015, 01:22:18 AM »
Mine is working just fine right now. Are you sure it's not a problem on your end?

Offline FredZeppelin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2015, 01:29:36 AM »
Hmm, how would I tell? The forum and rest of the site works fine for me as does the rest of the internet. Not sure what would be happening on my end to make the wiki slow.

Mine is working just fine right now. Are you sure it's not a problem on your end?

Offline FredZeppelin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
More info:
- this only seems to happen in Chrome for me, and not every time, more like every third time I hit a link on the site. Responses will take 1-2 minutes, and sometimes just timeout.
- so far, it seems to work fine in Firefox.

Offline Soyweiser

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2015, 10:29:39 AM »
Get the same problems in firefox, some times it takes a long time, and then it generates an error (500 usually). The wiki is not stable at all.
"Put me in charge and you'll have finished and polished game with hundreds more new features within two months." -- Lazycat
"Voker57 just was wondering about when did cata turn into contact lenses user simulator"

Offline Arkenstone

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2016, 11:38:45 PM »
I would like to help with the wiki - I realize this might be a necro, but how would I do so? Should I just begin to contribute, or do I need to contact someone?

Offline hexman

• NPC
  • no longer lurk here
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2016, 09:42:24 AM »
I would like to help with the wiki - I realize this might be a necro, but how would I do so? Should I just begin to contribute, or do I need to contact someone?

If you want to contribute to the wiki then you don't need anyone's permission; just don't move pages and follow the rules and everything should be fine.

But first read the editing help (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Help:Editing_pages) and be sure to look at the pages which are not completed yet (esp. guides: http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Category:Guides) to see if they can use your attention.

And, btw, this is not a necro; any post on a sticky thread (no matter how old) is not a necro.
"I've played since the eighties! I've seen more dungeons than Torquemada! I've killed more explorers than malaria! I've kicked in more doors than the LAPD and I've opened more chests than a M*A*S*H unit! Crom help me, I have ascended a Tourist." - Rob Balder (NetHack Parody Song)