Author Topic: ~Community Cooking Corner~  (Read 12904 times)

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Re: ~Community Cooking Corner~
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 10:14:20 AM »
Oh, I might actually have something to add here in a little while. I need to get the full recipe again.
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor (inactive)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »
Not really a recipe, more just speedmode breakfast:

Ingredients: a microwave safe bowl, a fork, butter or margarine, an egg.

butter the bowl, crack in egg, whisk to make egg mixed.

Microwave for a minute, receive puck-shaped egg floppie that fits on sandwiches and is literally the fastest protein-inclusive breakfast I know. If you don't whisk the egg first sometimes they kerplode.

This item can be used to create: Awesome sandwiches, home-made mcmuffins, deluxe oatmeal, goes in soups, goes in wraps, goes in your mouth, it is versatile egg. Frying it was too slow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:35:08 AM by Pthalocy »
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 03:38:21 AM »
I took a bit of liberty inventing a name for your directions and added it to the compilation, Pthalocy.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 06:52:37 PM »
LOL!

Yaaaay. I only included it because most folks I know would be afraid to put anything egg in the microwave lest it cause a nuclear explosion (only applies to uncracked eggs). If it counts in your eyes, I'm happy to add to the list.
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Ferodaktyl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »
had some cottage cheese left from some time ago, so i made some cheese pancakes. It's really simple :

mix the cheese with eggs (1 egg for 200g approx), add vanilla sugar, 1 teaspoon of cooking bicarbonate and flour until it solidifies so it can be shaped. i like to make donut shapes with round smaller pieces to cover them. Fry it covered in oil, serve with cream and jam, or honey, or whatever topping you like. Might add a picture or two when they're ready. Or not.

Oh, leave the mix in the freezer for 1 hour or so before frying.

Offline wilson7755

• Survivor
  • Hey nerds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 06:39:36 PM »
Hey Pthalocy, I liked your egg puck stuffs. When I made them they were awesome, Good job!
*Wilson's seal of that's really fucking tasty*
Endlessly causing shenanigans.

Offline Frostwood

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 03:44:08 AM »
grease problems
you should use silicone parchment paper rather than tinfoil, as parchment paper doesn't stick to food, and will absorb some of the grease.  I think that kind of dough is naturally buttery, but you can try to heat up to pepperoni beforehand to get some of the grease out.

I'm not 100% sure but I think a lot of the problems are from using tinfoil on the bottom, as it will cause the grease to collect in pools rather than spread out.

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
  • Booze is far superior to Mutagen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 03:55:41 AM »
Well, prepare for, GRINS IMPROVISED LUNCH LIST.
wanna eat tuna, but out of mayonnaise and relish? Mix it up with some barbeque sauce, tastes just like pulled pork if you use enough.
[REDACTED]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:02:36 AM by Perigrin »
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Well this went from fine to fucked real fast.

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 04:01:17 AM »
I need to remember how to make fried rice.

Boil rice. Add cooked rice to really hot wok/pan with a splash of some variety of oil or fat. Add other tasty stuff. Season with whatever you like. Toss/stir until done.

Now that I've given you the basics, I want to see what you create. Be sure to post your recipe so I can add it to the list!
well I missed this fried rice thing somehow.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 04:02:15 AM »
At the stadium and the corn chips don't come with salsa (and, like KA101, you despise cheese dip)?

Ketchup & relish can combine fairly effectively to emulate salsa.  Bit expensive to try at home, though.

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 04:05:36 AM »
Another good tuna thing is to use ranch instead of mayo. Its not quite as good, but in a pinch.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 07:57:42 PM »
Rivet's Guacamole

Ingredients:
1 large avocado
1 small tomato, ideally a roma
1/4 of an onion, finely diced
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp fresh diced garlic or a pinch of dried garlic
1 finely diced jalapeno pepper or a pinch or two of cayenne pepper
pinch of finely minced cilantro
salt, to taste

Peel the avocado and remove its seed; mash it up in a bowl.
Squeeze the seeds out of the tomato and pitch them, then dice the rest of it up fine and add to the avocado.
Mix the remaining ingredients in and let the resulting dip set for at least ten minutes or so, to let the flavors combine.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate if you're going to store it for very long.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 01:48:38 AM »
I would just like to add: please wash all vegetables thoroughly. Many, especially roma tomatos, are treated with a food-grade oil coating to help deter mold and tiny flies that like tomatos. It makes them super shiny but it is gross imo. Cilantro especially needs a wash too, for it is super covered in gritty sand, like tons of it. Leeks are also really bad for secretly holding sand in their tricky spots. This should ensure your Rivet-style guacamole is the most delicious. (if jalapeños are too spicy, exclude the seeds. This will reduce their lava levels somewhat.)

A thank you to Rivet, because I made up guacamole like this to use up the lime we had p: But then I had no cornchips so I used it as sandwich spread.

At least at my work, grapes arrive in styrofoam boxes lined with a sheet that is permeated with sulphur dioxide if I recall. It makes mold not grow as well. Yuck. Yes, they still contain the preservative repellant sheet, which states explicitly that it is not to be left where customers can get it, because rules blabla mumbo jumbo. Seriously. Wash your grapes the most of any fruit.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:55:08 AM by Pthalocy »

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 08:22:05 PM »
i just tryed that egg puck, and OMG SO GOOD on toast. seriously. and, we have chickens, so we get a dozen eggs a day or so, so eggs for EVERYONE. pry better for you too, no oil stuff.

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 09:04:08 PM »
Felt like i had to put something in some way but i am really ignorant in what it comes to cooking. Though...
I squish the sandwiches with my hand before eating them. Seriously, they taste much better.