Author Topic: ~Community Cooking Corner~  (Read 12023 times)

Offline Rhodri

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: ~Community Cooking Corner~
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 11:47:50 PM »
Are you bastards ready for the most complex recipe only the most skilled of chefs can cook? Well, ARE YOU?!

The chocolate-toast-diabetes-sandwich!

You will need:
2 slices of bread

A toaster

Hershey's chocolate spreads.

How to create!

Put the bread in da toaster.

Procede to toast. If you do not know how to use a toaster, you have failed in life. (I prefer to toast the bread lightly.)

Put Hershey's spread on one side of both pieces of bread.

Mash the chocolate-covered toast together like its a sandwich.

Eat it.

CONGRATULATIONS!
You now have diabetes!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:50:43 PM by Rhodri »
Steam name is FlyingSpaceRhino

Offline bubbadoo14

• Survivor
  • Surviving off the grid, man.
    • View Profile
    • Utterly Mad Forums
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 01:01:21 AM »
Are you bastards ready for the most complex recipe only the most skilled of chefs can cook? Well, ARE YOU?!

You will need:
2 slices of bread

A toaster

How to create!

Procede to toast. If you do not know how to use a toaster, you have failed in life. (I prefer to toast the bread lightly.)

Eat it.

CONGRATULATIONS!
You now have diabetes!
Reminds me of my diabetes sandwich
Get 2 slices of white bread
spread some butter on it
and sprinkle sugar on it, the butter holds the sugar and keeps it from getting everywhere. (mostly)
It is delicious.

Offline wilson7755

• Survivor
  • Hey nerds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 04:02:30 AM »

You will need:
2 slices of bread

A toaster

How to create!

Eat it.

CONGRATULATIONS!
You now have diabetes!
spread some butter on it
and sprinkle sugar on it, the butter holds the sugar and keeps it from getting everywhere. (mostly)
It is delicious.
Ew,
Endlessly causing shenanigans.

Offline Rhodri

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2015, 04:07:37 AM »
Forgot a detail about the chocolate-toast-sandwich: It is really dehydrating for some reason, you may want a large glass of water to down it all.
Steam name is FlyingSpaceRhino

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 05:29:37 AM »

You will need:
2 slices of bread

A toaster

How to create!

Eat it.

CONGRATULATIONS!
You now have diabetes!
spread some butter on it
It is delicious.
Ew,

I almost diabetes from doing all that kind of stuff, hahaha.
At least after the weird thing they made me go on a superdiet  and it was a good punishment. This is from like 3 years ago. Ohh good times.

At least the superdiet made me lose like idk how many kilos, which is something.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 06:33:56 AM »
I don't eat nearly so much bread anymore, it just left me hungry too fast so I'd be eating bread 5ever. Booo.

But when I do, I like to use butter and a tiny bit of cinnamon sprinkled on. I should really look to see how bad butter is for one's health.
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »
Rivet's Tasty Buuz

Buuz are seriously tasty steamed dumplings from Mongolia. I got the basis of this recipe from a friend; it's her family recipe.

For the dough:
8 ounces flour
0.5 cup water

For the filling:
8 ounces raw ground beef
1 small onion, minced fine
1 teaspoon of finely minced garlic
a generous pinch of salt
a pinch of ground black pepper

Mix all dough ingredients together thoroughly to form a basic dough and allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes.
Once it has rested, roll the dough into a long cylinder about an inch in diameter and then cut it into inch-long slices.
Flatten each piece out using your hands or a roller until it's about 2.5-3 inches across, then fill with around a teaspoon of the filling, sealing the edges of the dough together to make a sealed 'pocket'. Don't flatten the dough bits very much in advance, as it will get dry and crack when you attempt to close it up.
Steam the buuz for about fifteen minutes, being careful that they don't stick together.

Serve with ice cold vodka and hot suutei tsai.

For a tasty bit of (nontraditional) variety, add some finely chopped up vegetables like cabbage, carrot, or ginger to the filling, and/or replace the salt with soy sauce.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 06:01:40 AM »
KA101's Mistakes

1) The Sandwich

1 part hamburger
1 part sweet Italian sausage, bulk (as in, not cased)

Form into a burger and fry up, then plate as you would a burger.  Surprisingly greasy even if it smells and kinda tastes delicious, so not something to eat in quantity.

2) The Beverage

1 packet instant cocoa mix
1 car dealership's complimentary coffee stand with hot water & decaf dispensers
4 shots or so of Irish Cream flavoring syrup
1 cup
1 stirrer

Decide that you're gonna end your day of car-shopping with a cocoa.  Open the mix and dump into your cup, mistakenly put about a tablespoon of decaf coffee into it thinking that was the hot water dispenser, finish with the actual hot water dispenser, add four or so shots of Irish Cream to cover up the coffee taste, stir, and enjoy.  Be careful; it's hot.

-_-

Not my day for food.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 03:37:39 PM »
Do you want these added to the cookbook? They don't really sound bad to me, but your tone strikes me as though you might like to forget it ever happened.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 10:55:47 PM »
Do you want these added to the cookbook? They don't really sound bad to me, but your tone strikes me as though you might like to forget it ever happened.

For once I had something to post here.  The sausage burger would work better with a better blend, figure three parts burger to one part sausage.  Drink was drinkable so wev, can go in.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 01:19:59 AM »
Okay, it's now been added.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 03:51:58 AM »
Tamago Kake Gohan

A classic Japanese breakfast dish, and one of Rivet's most favorite late-night recipes.

TKG is simply egg over rice:

Tamago - egg
Kake - to pour something over something else
Gohan - cooked rice

Basic Ingredients:

1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1 cup water
1 room-temperature raw egg
shoyu (dark soy sauce)
salt

Operations:

Cook rice as usual, salt to taste.
Separate egg.
Put hot cooked rice in a bowl and thoroughly mix in the egg white.
Make a small depression in the center of the rice and carefully place the unbroken yolk into it.
Drizzle with soy sauce.

When it comes time to sit down and eat, break the yolk with your chopsticks and mix it into the rice.

It tastes even better if you steam the rice with a bit of kombu and/or top it with something like furikake, katsuobushi, black pepper, chopped green onion, slivers of nori, toasted sesame seeds, Tabasco sauce, natto, pitted umeboshi (my personal favorite), steamed spinach, nametake, chili pepper flakes, sliced gari, or chopped meat (bacon is an obvious choice here).

Offline Artyom177

• Survivor
  • With duct tape, anything is possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 06:25:04 PM »
Okay this thread is amazing. I can't believe I didn't know it existed until now. I'm going to try to make those Buuz Dumplings when I get home. They sound great.

For the hell of it i'm going to post my own recipe.

Artyom's Grilled Cheese Sandwitch

A decadent grilled cheese with roast beef and a shit tons of cheese.

What your gonna need:
A cooking pan
A spatula

Ingrediants:

Two slices of White Bread.
Two slices of Yellow or White cheese (doesn't matter which brand)
(preferably) Boar's Head Roast Beef. How many slices depends on you.
A shit tons of spreadable butter. As in just take out your tub of "I Can't Believe it's not Butter" or equivalent.

To make:

Start by pre-heating your oven's burners and prepare your bread by spreading butter on one side of each slice. More butter the more it's going to be soggy. So put just enough so that your not going to burn your bread.
After about two minutes (depends on your burners) plop a slice of your now buttered bread in a cooking pan. Put one slice of cheese on the bread. Then the roast beef, and then the other slice of cheese. And finish by putting the other slice of bread on top of your mountain of cheese and beef.
Smash it down so that you get a good sized sandwich and so that you can flip it. Now flipping it might take some practice. Because you need to be fast and accurate in order to get the cheese melted on both sides so that your beef doesn't slide out of your sandwich and plops onto the cooking pan.
After your amazing flip just wait and cook your grilled cheese like normal. After the bread gets nice and brown on both sides take the pan off the burner and plate the sandwich on your preferred plate.

You can eat it like it is or you can go the extra mile and put a bit of mayo on it. But either way, your essentially gonna get a mini Philly Cheese Steak sandwich that is modifiable and delicious. So condiments are up to you. Hope you like it!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:49:44 PM by Artyom177 »
Zombies, Demons, Chicken flavored robots...

What could go wrong?

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »
anybody ever made horchata? I haven't yet, but look forward to doing so. Also smoothies, though I make those pretty regularly. Simple elegance.

Edit:
Horchata recipie

blend mixture of: rice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, condensed milk, almonds and sugar and water

let soak overnight

strain mixture through fine strainer push on mixture with spoon or something to make sure the flavor gets through.

chill and serve with ice. Yum. When made right its so creamy and delicious it doesn't even make sense.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:05:51 PM by Litppunk »
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Elidor VON

• Zombie Food
  • My english is awful
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2016, 07:30:08 PM »
Such a bunch of wonderful recipes and so little of them from my homeland. Except there is a red borscht. But we do it in a little different way, but no matter.
So hello from Ukraine, comrades, and let's start some cross-cultural cooking :D
I will begin from simple and most common recipes and probably later will post something more complex, like vareniki, pirozhki or something. But today I show some nice easy breakfast.

Buckwheat kasha (you call it porridge, but 'kasha' is more authentic) with milk.
(we could probably put 'Soviet' in the title to make it sound more brutal)
You will need:
1/2 cup of buckwheat groats
1 cup of water
(buckwheat is always cooked in 1:2 proportion with water)
Milk
Butter
Honey (could be replaced with sugar)

Put a one cup of buckwheat and 2 cups of water in the pot. Add salt, just a little bit. Cook on a low heat until all water will be absorbed and evaporated (it will take about 15 min, maybe less). Buckwheat shouldn't be solid or crunchy when it's ready.
Add 1 cup of milk to the pot, teaspoon of butter and sweet to your taste. Cook on middle heat until milk is hot.
Eat. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:34:30 PM by Elidor VON »