Author Topic: MAC OSX - Compile Help  (Read 12972 times)

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Hi, carefull I hear THAT guy is around here....
    • View Profile
Re: Mac Compile tools.....what are they?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 02:36:52 AM »
AHA your a hero thanks! now to do some proper testing...
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.
hey.... whats that hissing sound.

Offline Clumsyman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 03:34:58 AM »
Let me now how it runs dude. :D

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 06:13:16 AM »
Works... sleepy now 2 deaths. first to suicide so I could go do tutorial. 2nd to smoker zombie that came zooming across map to me attacked and then left then came back later but another zombie finished me off first during his first turn in a bush...what? when I went to attack him. Ah well much better understanding of game now. Gana miss that torn military rucksack that I got off my very first zombie :( next time I spend more time throwing things at animals before trying to get any more meaningful weapons from town. I was to eager to get something better than a rucksac full of sharpened sticks I could throw at enemy and wooden sword. lesssen learned. Thanks to everyone that helped me get the game working ^.^
A punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses, dynamite and other fused items. This makes it the source of raging fires and destruction, and the ignition of beautiful displays of pyrotechnics and many beneficial flames as well a pranksters tool.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 06:28:07 AM »
I'm glad to hear that you got it working!
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Offline Clumsyman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 04:40:52 PM »
Works... sleepy now 2 deaths. first to suicide so I could go do tutorial. 2nd to smoker zombie that came zooming across map to me attacked and then left then came back later but another zombie finished me off first during his first turn in a bush...what? when I went to attack him. Ah well much better understanding of game now. Gana miss that torn military rucksack that I got off my very first zombie :( next time I spend more time throwing things at animals before trying to get any more meaningful weapons from town. I was to eager to get something better than a rucksac full of sharpened sticks I could throw at enemy and wooden sword. lesssen learned. Thanks to everyone that helped me get the game working ^.^
Haha, nice. Glad to hear it works pretty nicely.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: 0.B Brin Mac!DDA master thread
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 04:43:33 AM »
And in case we need it, the Mac builds came up on the DDA reddit (subreddit? wev) with this including a link to the better thread.

Offline n5corp

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 11:18:58 AM »
Random tip for running Cataclysm on Mac OS X Yosemite:

If you've recently upgraded you'll find the number pad no longer works correctly; this and the fix is referenced here:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6613968.

Basically the upgrade turns on an option that used to default off, but it's an easy fix by going to the Terminal preferences and disabling "Allow VT100 Application Keypad Mode."

As well I found getting Cataclysm to work far easier with previous knowledge of the Linux command line; install Xcode, Homebrew, install your missing dependencies, make sure the CataclysmCurses.app is marked as executable (chmod u+x), and bam it just works.

Offline n5corp

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED: Problem playing 0.B update for Mac
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 11:25:20 AM »
I downloaded the new 0.B Mac curses, but it only opens and closes. I tried opening with the terminal and this is what it said:

*****-MacBook-Pro-5:~ Shadow$ cd /Users/Shadow/Desktop/cataclysm/CataclysmCurses.app/Contents/Resources; ./cataclysm
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/liblua.5.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Shadow/Desktop/cataclysm/CataclysmCurses.app/Contents/Resources/./cataclysm
  Reason: image not found.
Trace/BPT trap: 5
****-MacBook-Pro-5:Resources Shadow$

This is what the 0.B Tiles version says in terminal:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/Shadow/Desktop/cataclysm/cataclysmtiles.app.
******-MacBook-Pro-5:cataclysm Shadow$

0.B Tiles also opens and closes like Curses.

And thats what happens. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what. I was getting this update because it has the tilesets I've been wanting to use. Help would be appreciated. Have an amazing weekend!

Sorry to double post, but I had the same issue; assuming you have Homebrew installed, in a terminal window just install lua with Brew and it should then just work so you don't have to fool around with Wine in the future:

brew install lua51
brew install lua

Offline Clumsyman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 05:37:05 PM »
I do not have homebrew installed actually. I prefer wineskin because I've been using it forever to covert my Windows only games (Like ETS 2, which didn't have the mac version out at the time) using the .exe and get a mac version running. Appreciate that info, it will help people who has homebrew installed and don't want to mess with wineskin. :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 05:41:21 PM by Clumsyman »

Offline Clumsyman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 05:44:16 PM »
Random tip for running Cataclysm on Mac OS X Yosemite:

If you've recently upgraded you'll find the number pad no longer works correctly; this and the fix is referenced here:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6613968.

Basically the upgrade turns on an option that used to default off, but it's an easy fix by going to the Terminal preferences and disabling "Allow VT100 Application Keypad Mode."
This. I forgot to post about this when I fixed it. Thank you sir.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 02:31:40 AM »
zero problems so far, other than the fact that I gave mac a "much needed" bath on accident and am now running laggy/instant shutdown if power cable unplugs. I don't have num pad anyways so no bigy there especially since makers were clever enough to allow standard qwerty to do all needed actions. Current character going on day 10 soon. This game is so epic cracks me up at every turn. Right now I am spending my time rollerblading around town with 20 throwing knives, a caltrop, kukari, and an 870 shotgun for emergencies. With 42 base move cost(on flat tiles) and lvl 9 throwing, kiting zombies is laugh riot, even with (or maybe especially with) shopping carts in tow.
Big thanks to everyone for helping me get setup, I never realized how ridiculously easy Wine is.

Offline Clumsyman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 10:59:51 PM »
zero problems so far, other than the fact that I gave mac a "much needed" bath on accident and am now running laggy/instant shutdown if power cable unplugs. I don't have num pad anyways so no bigy there especially since makers were clever enough to allow standard qwerty to do all needed actions. Current character going on day 10 soon. This game is so epic cracks me up at every turn. Right now I am spending my time rollerblading around town with 20 throwing knives, a caltrop, kukari, and an 870 shotgun for emergencies. With 42 base move cost(on flat tiles) and lvl 9 throwing, kiting zombies is laugh riot, even with (or maybe especially with) shopping carts in tow.
Big thanks to everyone for helping me get setup, I never realized how ridiculously easy Wine is.
Nice! Happy to hear its working nicely even after extended play. I haven't got past 3 days. Haha.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 02:32:27 PM »
use the "rouge-like characters" mod, it'll give you better starting characters to choose from. I chose the Rouge, throwing weapons are beastly. Also change the skill rust setting. Level 12 throwing now. Now on Summer day 3 After this character dies I am going to go back to the vanilla characters to make it harder start. Other settings that are nice to mess with, dynamic spawn OFF. If I am not mistaken this keeps zims from spawning when you make loud noises.

wow... did I just go from noob to noob helper? That was a fast turn around...

Offline Clumsyman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 02:19:04 AM »
use the "rouge-like characters" mod, it'll give you better starting characters to choose from. I chose the Rouge, throwing weapons are beastly. Also change the skill rust setting. Level 12 throwing now. Now on Summer day 3 After this character dies I am going to go back to the vanilla characters to make it harder start. Other settings that are nice to mess with, dynamic spawn OFF. If I am not mistaken this keeps zims from spawning when you make loud noises.

wow... did I just go from noob to noob helper? That was a fast turn around...
Yeah I changed both settings you mentioned. Thanks! I'll try it.

Offline Treah

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
MAC OSX - 0.C - Compile Help
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2015, 07:20:39 AM »
Hello everyone, I was having a bit of trouble getting the lastest build to compile on my MAC but I was able to finally get it compiled and working correctly in OSX Mavericks. 

To build it correctly you need to have xcode and possibly some additional build utilities installed. I had downloaded and installed these in order to get irssi compiled on my MAC as well.

I used Fink to get the dev stuff worked out to compile FOSS software. You can find instructions on how to get it here http://www.finkproject.org/doc/bundled/install-first.php.

After that all I had to do was build it with the options below. I found that without the disable of localize then the compile would fail with gettext errors. I possibly could fix this by using apt-get to install it but the localization is not that important for me. If anyone would like a pre-compiled binary so they can just play it I may be able to upload it somewhere or a dev can contact me and I would gladly upload it to the web page for download :).
Code: [Select]
make NATIVE=osx RELEASE=1 LOCALIZE=0