Author Topic: Starting release process for 0.C, please report game-breaking bugs here.  (Read 21070 times)

Offline Murphy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Starting release process for 0.C, please report game-breaking bugs here.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 01:46:17 PM »
I just tested the tank drone in version 76c8120 (release 2796). After I get a laser dot on me, and I try to move, I get the message "You are being lase-targeted - safe mode is on". However, after that I am able to move, even though safe mode is still on.

Moreover, if I do turn it off, it comes back on the moment I get laser-targeted again. This shouldn't happen.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 07:30:25 PM »
I just tested the tank drone in version 76c8120 (release 2796). After I get a laser dot on me, and I try to move, I get the message "You are being lase-targeted - safe mode is on". However, after that I am able to move, even though safe mode is still on.

Moreover, if I do turn it off, it comes back on the moment I get laser-targeted again. This shouldn't happen.

No, it shouldn't.  If someone can beat me to a fix, feel free--the browser-outage will slow me up considerably.

Update: possible save-corrupting bug reported over in the Garage.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:40:52 PM by KA101 »

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 07:59:59 PM »
Tested with the tank drone, confirmed.  I thought it acted like any other danger, but instead it effectively un-ignores the tank drone, so it does act a little weird.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline youtoo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
The biggest thing I did since 0.B was eliminate the performance problem that was caused by having zillions of items lying around.  The biggest other changes off the top of my head are monster infighting, improved AI for player-controlled turrets, DeathCam (pretty sure that didn't make it in by 0.B), and RC vehicles(fullsize, not model).
There are I'm sure a number of additional changes that I'm forgetting right now, I'll generate a changelog as the release proceeds.

How did you improve the performance due to all those items?

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Step 1:
I refactored the process of adding and removing items to the map (and vehicles) to go through class setters, then had those setters add items that need processing to active item lists, so the active item processing just looks at active items, not every item in the area.
Step 2:
I adjusted the active item processing code to only process the first few items each turn (then move them to the end of the list), instead of processing every item every turn.

End result, if you had 100,000 items on the map, and 1,000 food items on the map, it used to scan through all 100,000 items every turn, now it will look at 1.  ONE
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire

Offline youtoo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
That is a clever change.

Offline raindrop93

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Not to be a pest, but is there a new ETA for 0.C?  Last weekend kind of came and went, and it doesn't look like it worked out this weekend either. -_-

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Not to be a pest, but is there a new ETA for 0.C?  Last weekend kind of came and went, and it doesn't look like it worked out this weekend either. -_-

Hey you pest!  :-P

When it gets there.  Might still land during the USian weekend, otherwise, when we can.

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Pretty much just waiting on translation people right now. Depending on what they say they can get done might push the release one way or another a bit.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
It's out!  If you encounter anything else in the release, report it in the release thread.

Offline Paranoid Alaskan

• Zombie Food
  • Hours played Victoia 2 480 and counting
    • View Profile
This seems legit...not relay a game breaking bug but...if I'm killing zombies and they die in a window next to a vending machine there corpses will land in it and it will sell the corpses to me.
Alaska! The place you go to if you get board with the weather every 30 minuets.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
This seems legit...not relay a game breaking bug but...if I'm killing zombies and they die in a window next to a vending machine there corpses will land in it and it will sell the corpses to me.

This is too funny. How much is a zombie's corpse worth?
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Offline Pthalocy

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
  • Babyfaced forum Janitor
    • View Profile
Oh man, somebody test if that works when bartering with NPC's too.
Quote from: Rivet
We accept him, we accept him. One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Offline Valpo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Yup i killed your mom. I even braught her.... and i am willing to trade.