Author Topic: Tv Shoots Baddies! [NEW BUILD 26/06/16]  (Read 31703 times)

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
Tv Shoots Baddies! [NEW BUILD 26/06/16]
« on: January 17, 2015, 04:50:19 AM »

Hallo, my dear people!

I come to you with a little project i am working on! I already had posted some stuff on The General I Did This Creative Thing Thread (woah, i remembered the name of the thread by memory, what is wrong with me) but i guess here it will have a much wider scope!

It's a bullet hell, slightly retro styled and very fast! And hard as a coconut! With lovely colors!

Ok, to be honest i am really bad at describing stuff. But this is funnnnn, so give it a try! I already got a few beta testers, wich say that they liked it. Be one of them and help me make the game with your reviews!

Some of the pics:

If you want to help and review, the link is that one down there!

https://www.mediafire.com/?xxgl1tbuj6tsxst

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:44:04 PM by StopSignal »

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
  • Booze is far superior to Mutagen
    • View Profile
Re: Tv Shoots Baddies!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 05:45:40 AM »
what exactly is the projectile here? i know what it looks like, i just cant get a deep or close enough view whilst playing.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Well this went from fine to fucked real fast.

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 05:57:08 AM »
Ouhh, it's like little thunders of electricity. To be honest it does not need to make much sense, haha.

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 05:56:11 AM »
Mlg tip, the green diamonds are health pickups, and enemies split in two when killed. This is very helpful to know, trust me.

Offline Rivet

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Rivet's Git profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 06:23:04 AM »
The music is good, and the sound effects are nice and crisp.

I like the graphics; it's pretty easy to tell what's what, though the bright colors make my teeth itch.

Only problem I had with the gameplay is that since it's confined to a window, I found my cursor moving past the edge and screwing up my aim.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 09:16:16 AM »

I like the graphics; it's pretty easy to tell what's what, though the bright colors make my teeth itch.

Only problem I had with the gameplay is that since it's confined to a window, I found my cursor moving past the edge and screwing up my aim.
yeah, I noticed that too. Fullscreen would be a good upgrade. I also noted that stop is an asshole with the button that randomly instakills you when pressed

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 08:45:30 PM »

That is indeed something i want to implement, though i have yet to see how to do it without screwing up the gameplay (Like, if i alter the room's proportions i'd like them to be scaled to not change anything. Also fullscreen kinda messes up the graphics, but i guess that  must be resolution stuff.

Maybe i should tone some of the colors down. Or at least the blinking animations, that make your head kinda hurt.

yeah, I noticed that too. Fullscreen would be a good upgrade. I also noted that stop is an asshole with the button that randomly instakills you when pressed

Hahaha, that was for testing purposes. Specially death functions and score tables.

Today i will fix some bugs with the Red Boss double spawning and if i still have inspiration, i'll try little menu.

EDIT: I got to fix the Red Boss, i think. Mostly sure of it, but i will test later. Did not do the menu, but did some cool stuff.

NEW:

-Now music won't start playing again if you stopped it.
-Started the development of two new enemies. This time, they will come one tied to the other.
-After each wave, there is a display that prays WAVE. I still got to put the wave number, but it's just an easy fix.

FIXES:

-The Red Boss Double Spawning. I guess making a chance of bosses spawning double could be pretty fun, but for now no.
-Various little fixes i forgot.

BUGS DISCOVERED:

-I was playing in one of my friend's house and discovered that sometimes the Yellow and Purple bosses wave generates two purples and two yellows. I got to check that.
-The music button does not behave very well, and i will have to check that. Or i think it's the cursor that is kinda off. One of both.

FEATURES PLANNED:
-Fullscreen. The original game actually had this, but the whole game and gui screwed up when it was on. I need to check a way to do it. I'd like to implement it like The Binding Of Isaac, but i think it will be quite hard to do.
-Menu, with options and stuff.

That's it! Also, the enemy sneak peek.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:26:22 AM by StopSignal »

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 02:59:48 AM »
Worked a lot today.

NEW:
-Absolutely nothing. Today was all BUGFIXES!, so it was pretty stressing. I will reward myself tomorrow by adding content i guess.

FIXES:
-First of all, there were a lot of bugs that were all explained by a single thing:
After killing all the enemies in a wave, the game generates an object that, depending in the wave number, will spawn X quantity of enemies and then restarted the enemy count to not make that object anymore. What happened though? Sometimes the game made the object two times. I guess it could not restart the count in time. This happened a lot. So after a lot of time trying to fix it, not taking in count discovering it, i got a system.

The Spawn Wave object adds 1 to a gobal variable. Then the Game object, the one that spawns the wave, would check if there is more than 2 in that variable. If that was correct, then it would erase all Spawn Wave objects before they actually spawned anything. Then it restarted the variable and also the wave count. It was a pretty easy fix but it was really stressing to find. Anyways, now it should not:
.Skip waves
.Make waves of double enemies (generally after skipping)

So that's it.

BUGS DISCOVERED:
-Luckily nothing i think. Yet i have to fix those blue eneies getting stuck in walls.

FEATURES PLANNED:
-New level! After completing it you should unlock a new arcade arena too.

Worked little but good today.

NEW:
-Made fullscreen work again! And in the way i intended. I don't know why it didn't before. Anyways, yay!
-The screen is also resizeable. Fun!
-Bosses have minion! The purple boss will come with two purples, yet you need to destroy the purple boss to continue. The yellow boss comes with two special yellows that don't create 2 yellows when they die, they only create one, for balance reasons. Made the yellow fight much more fun. Red Boss comes with two yellows, but i intend to make it come with two mini reds, that i'll make later.
-The game has an icon now.
-Started the framework for the new level after beating the Red Boss.

FIXES:
-Greens did not made melee amage for a reason. Fixed.
-Fixed a problem with a double trouble boss, the one with the yellow and purple boss. Now you need to beat both.

BUGS DISCOVERED:
-Today was a happy day, children. No bugs for now.

FEATURES PLANNED:
-Just to say that when i get the menu made i will send a new build!

Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:39:15 PM by StopSignal »

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 06:51:06 AM »
Tried but was shot to hell repeatedly as I couldn't move.  :-(

Suggestion: rather than require the player to manually mash the trigger, simply have Tv maintain a steady stream of fire?  Worked quite effectively in R2S9.

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 11:50:21 PM »

Suggestion: rather than require the player to manually mash the trigger, simply have Tv maintain a steady stream of fire?  Worked quite effectively in R2S9.
I just held down the button......

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 06:56:48 AM »

Could not move? Why? If it was because you could not use the WASD keys, i am planning to add a feature to change controls to arrows.
Also, shooting is supposed to be done while helding down the button, though maybe i am misundestanding you?
I would not be able to implement what you say because there is a feature planned that would be different "guns", like following missiles and stuff, wich would require you to charge them up, maybe.

Offline KA101

• Administrator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 01:41:36 AM »

Could not move? Why? If it was because you could not use the WASD keys, i am planning to add a feature to change controls to arrows.
Also, shooting is supposed to be done while helding down the button, though maybe i am misundestanding you?
I would not be able to implement what you say because there is a feature planned that would be different "guns", like following missiles and stuff, wich would require you to charge them up, maybe.

OK, yeah, I hadn't seen anything about WASD and never use those in my setups--too easy to hit the wrong thing IMO.  (Had to be dragged kicking and screaming into using mouselook, too.)

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 03:25:36 AM »

OK, yeah, I hadn't seen anything about WASD and never use those in my setups--too easy to hit the wrong thing IMO.  (Had to be dragged kicking and screaming into using mouselook, too.)
wierd thing about mouselook, the first game to do it exclusively was a Bethesda softworks Terminator game. Everyone at the time hated it. Oh how times have changed. Also, I have already spent 12 hours of my life in the arcade mode. My scores still suck monkeys though...

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 04:19:26 AM »
Woah,that's interesting, why did they hate it?

Also damn, hahaha, i hope you are exaggerating! 12 hours must be more than me, thuogh i must be pretty close. But a lot more hours bug fixing.

NEW:
-Half baked contol support! For now i only use a emulated xbox controller, but it should work with everything. It's just for the game, yet not for the menu. But fun!
-I am giving a shot at the menu right now. Do not expect this to be sure until i tell it's done though!

FIXES:
-Nothing? I am not sure, but it looks like we are oing really good!
-Wait, scratch that, fixed a lot the Red Boss. Now it spawns alone and it's much, much harder to beat. It still firex the same way, just tougher.

BUGS:
-Today was a happy day.

FEATURES:
-Nothing added to the list for now!

Offline Perigrin

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 04:43:54 AM »
Woah,that's interesting, why did they hate it?

Also damn, hahaha, i hope you are exaggerating! 12 hours must be more than me, thuogh i must be pretty close. But a lot more hours bug fixing.

NEW:
-Half baked contol support! For now i only use a emulated xbox controller, but it should work with everything. It's just for the game, yet not for the menu. But fun!
-I am giving a shot at the menu right now. Do not expect this to be sure until i tell it's done though!

FIXES:
-Nothing? I am not sure, but it looks like we are oing really good!
-Wait, scratch that, fixed a lot the Red Boss. Now it spawns alone and it's much, much harder to beat. It still firex the same way, just tougher.

BUGS:
-Today was a happy day.

FEATURES:
-Nothing added to the list for now!
well, one, it was a new and wonky system compared to dooms system, and it was a Meh game from a new developer that few people played. They were a teenieweenie company until daggerfall, and they only became the leviathan we know and love after morrowind.