Author Topic: Question: To Write A Story (Sample Included)  (Read 1769 times)

STD

Question: To Write A Story (Sample Included)
« on: April 21, 2013, 01:15:42 AM »

The world has gone to hell. I'm trapped inside a building with no way out as the deaduns outside continually try to get in. I'm hungry. I'm thirsty. I'm exhausted. To make matters worse is that this bite on my leg is starting to look like a bloated corpse on a hot summer day. I'm out of hope, don't have a prayer, and I've long spent any fucks to give.  My only regret is that I somehow managed to drop my last pack of cigarettes as I fled into this death trap. Oh what I wouldn't give to have one last drag off that sweet cancer stick before rotting away in this shit hole. At least God has a little irony left in him. I get to spend my last few moments staring at a poster titled 'Quit Smoking Today'. Haha. Fuck you life. Fuck you. BANG.

I'm curious if there is any want of fictional writing based on Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (or one of the modifications) that isn't necessarily taken from actual game play. The above is just a random sample I came up with to give people a idea of what I would attempt. It would either be in journal format or a fully fledged story (or short story). If it generates enough interest, or any for that matter, I will get started on coming up with some ideas. So, thoughts?

Offline AerialK7

• Survivor
  • Keter
    • View Profile
Re: Question: To Write A Story (Sample Included)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 02:59:14 AM »
I like the idea of a fan-fictiony sorta thing, I could maybe contribute to short stories, and we could set them in other places. Eg: swamps of Louisiana, itd be hell with all the mosquitoes, giant crocodiles etc. 
We lack the motion to move to the new beat.

Offline warwolf0315

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:21:18 AM »
I like the idea of a fan-fictiony sorta thing, I could maybe contribute to short stories, and we could set them in other places. Eg: swamps of Louisiana, itd be hell with all the mosquitoes, giant crocodiles etc.
or the freezing hellish wasteland that is iowa lately
[01:56] <warwolf0315> I hate invisible bears

Offline AerialK7

• Survivor
  • Keter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 01:24:01 AM »
sadly im bad at creative writing..xD im just good with ideas and the sort
We lack the motion to move to the new beat.

Offline warwolf0315

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 01:37:01 AM »
I do have a thought for a story series will take a bit to write though

STD

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 01:47:16 AM »
I'm rather decent at creative writing, if I do say so myself. I do suffer from prolonged writers block though, which is unfortunately unfortunate. I'm still debating between a full fledged story or a journal of sorts. Hm...

Offline warwolf0315

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 01:57:10 AM »
Heros of the first days
Heros of the first days will be stories depicting the tales and tragic ends during the first five days before game start

Day 2

Two days thats all it took for the world to become a warzone people eating each other and the military floundering to fight them.
Names alex former officer of the detroit police department before all human officers were fired so the copbots could replace us.I looked around the small garage I had taken refuge in there was a small volkswagen car which was currently being worked upon by a mechanic. there are six of us myself the mechanic john another officer sasha nick a father with his two kids (I don't know their names he doesn't talk to anyone and doesn't let us talk to them). where currently in a pretty shit situation sorrounded by god knows how many of those things. thankfully john had turned this place into a small bunker before SHTF. thick metal door windows covered with steel plating but of course the one vehicle in the building just happened to be broken. sasha and my self both have mossbergs and I believe john has a revolver. wait shit I write more later I hear screaming.

Offline Slax

• Survivor
  • Crash Test Dummy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 02:50:21 AM »
I've gotten some positive feedback for my writing. English isn't my first language so things do get convoluted and grammatically screwed up.
Writing's fun. That's pretty much it.

Offline Scavenger

• Zombie Food
  • Dog eat dog world out there, boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »
Why not? If you want to do it, go ahead. I'm planning on doing a journal entry sort of thing for my survivor sooner or later (when I stop procrastinating).
-Alexandra Petrova [Deceased/KIA]
-Adrik Petrov [Deceased/KIA]
-Vikal Kyznetsov [Deceased/KIA]
-Mikhail Morozich [Alive?/MIA]
_______
*Static*