Poll

How fast do you want to get into the action?/How difficult do you want enemies to be?

Withing the next update.
3 (15%)
Withing a few updates
4 (20%)
Withing another few pages.
0 (0%)
I want enemies to be easy.
1 (5%)
I want enemies to be challenging.
3 (15%)
I want enemies to be run away worthy, Alien Isolation style.
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2! [OOC]  (Read 14260 times)

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2! [OOC]
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:03:01 PM »
Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2!
We couldn't do it without you!

!------------------------------|Remember|------------------------------!

"If your best is all you've got, you'll do just fine here!"
- Founder Of Beta-Lab Benny Shultz

!------------------------------|Remember|------------------------------!

The year is 2027. Technology is at it's peak, and you're very thankful for everything Beta-Lab has done for you. Beta-Lab is a research facility thousands of miles underground in the Arizona desert. The goal of Beta-Lab was to create technology for the betterment of US citizens. Flying cars, cybernetics, and genetic modification were some of the amazing accomplishments.

Working at Beta-Lab was considered as an honor, and highly esteemed. Families often pushed it on their kids, or the ads on TV did it for them. Being a worker there was like being a super hero.

Of course you cannot just sign up. The goverment accepts applications once every year, and they sort through for the best people. It is commonly assumed that only braniacs can get in, but no one really knows why Beta-Lab chooses who they choose.

You entered your application in on August 19th, and sure enough, you got a letter seven days after:

!....CONGRATULATIONS....!

Thank you for you application, valued American!

We thank you for your application, and we're happy to tell you that you have been accepted into the Beta-Lab family!

We understand this must be an exciting, however due to new policy, we ask that you keep this a surprise to your imediate family/relatives/friends until you arrive at Beta-Lab. As soon as you check in, your family will be notified about your amazing achievement!

In this letter you will find a ticket to Arizona. You will be picked up from the Beta-Lab Check-In zone at [..........]. You will be picked up by a bus at 6:30 sharp. Do not be late, or else you will be unable to join the Beta-Lab team.

While you wait, please take time to memorize the official Beta-Lab anthem:

~Oh Beta-Lab, Oh Beta-Lab. Thanks for blessing me! With this proud duty, and the work I must complete. Oh Beta-Lab, Oh Beta-Lab. Thanks for saving me! I promise to make everyone proud at home, you'll see.~

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

-------|Rules|-------
By agreeing to the form, you're also agreeing to some of the Official Beta-Lab rules and regulations.

1. Do not use derrogitory language during your time in Beta-Lab.
2. Be friendly to your staff and hosts.
3. Never speak badly of Beta-Lab or it's third party corporations.
4. Drinking Beta-Lab GO!™ around computers is banned, as spilling is prone to happen and the machines are expensive!
5. Talking about classified Beta-Lab tests, experiments, and treatments is strictly prohibited, and explusion from the facility will be guranteed.
6. You may not cover up any cameras on your mobile devices or your computers. The same goes for microphones.
7. During an emergency, a total of twenty-four hours has to pass before you can leave the facility via the escape lobby on the first floor.
8. Do not steal, horde, or hide supplies from your collegues.
9. We have a strict dress code. Depending on your department, you will be assigned specific clothing. If a robot or security guard sees you without your proper uniform, you will be taken away for questioning.
10. Any sexual activity during work here at Beta-Lab must be reported immediately. It is banned, since emotions tend to ruin our progress and lower our capability statistically. If you cannot comply, you will be castrated.

-------|Rules|-------

Official Beta-Lab Application
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS BETA-LAB OFFICIAL APPLICATION AND SIGN ALL REQUIRED PAPERS:

NAME & LAST INITIAL
(Your oh so clever name and last initial.)

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
(What do you look like? Keep it formal.)

WORK HISTORY
(Work history should explain what jobs you've done: Security officer, janitor, intern scientist, etc.)

SKILL SET
(You can choose one skill that gives you a +3 to anything related to it. Such as: Melee combat, acrobatics, etc.)

DISABILITIES
(Roleplay Goodies, they give no benefit or anything, but I EXPECT you to use them as fuel.)

SPECIAL TALENTS
(Talents that may or may not serve useful depending on situations. Can be things like: Fast runner, juggler, etc. No more than 3)

I, __________, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

OOC: I, ________, also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad ass FREE environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.

"State of the art tools for state of the art workers!"
- Co-Founder Of Beta-Lab Henry Halowae

Here at Beta-Lab, the safety and protection of our staff is top priority. Plexy glass, high-tech cameras and robots patrol the facility at every waking moment, and if by chance there is a medical emergency, our competent and highly trained medical team can fix any injury from a simple cut to nerological damage or fracturing. We take pride in the wonders that we have brought to the modern world, and it shows in our performance.

With new ways of collecting oil, we're able to refine oil and double the amount we get. And with new ways to power electronics, we only need a fraction of what we collect every year. Our solar, electronic, and steam engines hammer away day at night to keeping our underground lab and living space bright and happy. With new Holotec technology, we're able to create enviroments that feels, smell, and act just like home. Being homesick has never been better!

Our security team is armed with the latest technology capable of stunning targets, or melting them! Danger in Beta-Lab is at a minimum. Thanks to the government, we're graciously provided with some of the most skilled CIA veterens, and nothing can get passed them without a proper uniform and an ID card. We're also happy to announce the wonders of botany, and how far we've advanced Hydroponics. Botanists are able to grow plants underground, and there are quite a few parks that are available to the puplic. With fresh air from above, and below, having lungs has never been better!

Did we forget to mention our amazing Engineers who work day and night to keep the facility happy. You know what they say, a stable electrical coil system is a happy stable electrical coil system! Oh, and how could we forget about our incredible Research team who create new vigors and items for the other sectors. The most valued member of the Beta-Lab family! Though, we don't favor people here! So don't worry if you slave away at Robotics, the final section of Beta-Lab. They work on creating new robots to fit our every need, and give us a hand where others lack. With their constant work, we're able to create machines that can withstand incredible heats, land amazing falls, and fly high above the sky and into the stars!

Everyone here at Beta-Lab is valued, and we hope you feel the same!

Beta-Lab, where: "If the best is all you've got, you'll do just fine here!"

MAP

-----------Lobby----------- [Lost & Found] ------> [Office] -----> [Security Check] -----> [Balcony] -----> [Escape Elevators]

-----------Security----------- [Lock-Up] ------> [Armory] -----> [Testing Facility] -----> [Main Security Cameras] -----> [Tram Station]

-----------Hydroponics----------- [Seed Testing] ------> [Forest] -----> [Farm] -----> [Food Packaging] -----> [Tram Station]

-----------Robotics----------- [Robot Manufacturing] ------> [Supply Room] -----> [Robot Power Room] -----> [Robot Malfunction Fix] -----> [Tram Station]

-----------Research----------- [Genetics] ------> [Animal Testing] -----> [Statistics] -----> [Weapon Testing] -----> [Tram Station]

-----------Medical----------- [Med Manufacturing] ------> [Surgery] -----> [Infirmary] -----> [E.R.] -----> [Medical Testing] ----> [Tram Station]

-----------Engine----------- [Supplies] ------> [Solar Control] -----> [Electric Control] -----> [Gas Control] -----> [Tram Station]

-----------Civilian----------- [Quarters] ------> [Cafeteria] -----> [Park] -----> [Recycling] -----> [Tram Station]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:47:51 AM by Furaotic »
#79BAEC
"Elle get under the bed before the Nazis get you."
((YEAH, TEAMWORK, YEEEEEEAAAAAAH [guitar riff]))

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2! [OOC/APPLICATIONS]
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 03:03:18 PM »
The Proud Workers Of Beta-Lab: Who, What, Where, and Alive

The Current Team:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

!!!!SHEETS CONTINUED BELOW!!!!

The Beta-Lab Lore: Documents, Notes, History, and What You Know Thus Far

History Of Beta-Lab:

The Beginning

The idea of Beta-Lab was presented to the U.S. Government in 2018 during the brew and rumors of another World War. The idea originally had been to "engineer war machines", but the funding ended up being too hefty for a project that seemed nearly impossible. So the idea was slipped under the table, forgotten and a mystery to the public. That was until 2021 when a close call occurred between European Navy ships and American subs. The politicians were biting their nails off at this point, and the founder of Beta-Lab, Benny Shultz, decided to step in and remind them of their choice. Desperately and with wreckless abandon, the Congress caved and Beta-Lab began construction.

The First Years

After the completion of the construction, the facility was finished in late 2022. During the construction teams were already being assembled compiled of the most brilliant minds, (Or toughest CIA agents.) that money could buy. Those who did not want to join, declined the offer or money, were then put into drafts and eventually forced to work at Beta-Lab or face Federal charges. By the end of 2022, Beta-Lab had all sectors completely functional with up to date technology. From this point on, Beta-Lab would grow into a massive facility containing over 22,000 people.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:13:39 PM by Furaotic »
#79BAEC

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 03:03:37 PM »
(click to show/hide)

The Technology: Utility, Equipment, and Weapon Advancements of the year 2027!

Weapons

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The Bestiary: What Genetic Horrors Await?

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:24:04 AM by Furaotic »
#79BAEC

Offline Exodus

• Survivor
  • Bat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 03:24:18 PM »
NAME & LAST INITIAL
Joseph G.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Caucasian man standing at about 5'2, he seems to be in moderately good physical condition though he seems to be extremely cautious about everything around him to the point of being jittery.

WORK HISTORY
Joseph used to be a IT guy working for a small company, after the company went down he sent in an application to Beta-Lab. He has quite a bit of experience with computers and hopes to use that to help the company.

SKILL SET
Computers/Electronics.

DISABILITIES
Jittery, Paranoid, Scrawny

SPECIAL TALENTS
Paranoid, Insanely good memory, Scrawny enough to hide places.

I, Joseph Ghost, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be a part of this great project.

OOC: I, Exodus, also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad egg environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:58:06 PM by Exodus »

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 03:27:52 PM »
I'll jooooin, not sure how much I'll be able to RP these days, and I'm gone the rest of today in a sec.
Going either security or medicine.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:33:56 PM by Forrest »
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline Lorknis

• Survivor
  • God of Fertility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »
My body is ready for Beta-Labs Fur-chan.

Probably gonna use my character from Cata-Japan.

NAME & LAST INITIAL
Duncan M.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
A Pale man stand at 5' 8'', he has orange, shaggy hair with five o'clock shadow covering his face in all the right places. He is of average build but with large shoulders, hands, and feet for his height. He openly bares a small scar under his right eye and another small jagged scar on the back of his left hand.

WORK HISTORY
After obtaining his Biomechanical Engineer degree from Purdue University, Duncan was hired onto The 2045 Project. During his stay there, he was able To successfully Connect the first MTM (man to machine) Interface. This would allow future Cybernetics Engineers to build upon this Foundation for generations to come. When He returned to the U.S., There was a letter offering him a chance To join Beta-Labs, of course it was an Offer he couldn't refuse.

SKILL SET
Cybernetics

DISABILITIES
(Roleplay Goodies, they give no benefit or anything, but I EXPECT you to use them as fuel.)

SPECIAL TALENTS
(Talents that may or may not serve useful depending on situations. Can be things like: Fast runner, juggler, etc. No more than 3)

I, Duncan W. McShale , hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

OOC: I, Lorky-Kun, also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad ass environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:33:21 PM by Lorknis »
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

We are never fighting alone.
Get up, get going,
I’ll meet you there.

ajwilli1

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 03:54:04 PM »
[[Reserving sheet will be up tonight or at lunch, depends on how fast I can clean a house.]]

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
I may be joining, who knows, I live in England so time zones may decide nah.
Character sheet possibly tomorrow.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 05:50:48 PM »
Hmm. It seems I have made a small typo!!!! On the OOC signature I meant to put: "I agree to create min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner-bad-ass FREE environment.
Just thought I should  make that clear.
#79BAEC

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 05:57:11 PM »
I'll jooooin, not sure how much I'll be able to RP these days, and I'm gone the rest of today in a sec.
Going either security or medicine.

I'd love to have you on the team, Forrest, and not to poke at your current state, but I think it's best if you sit this out. I need a dedicated team and I can't have off-and-on characters. But if you truely want to, you're more than welcome.
#79BAEC

Offline Exodus

• Survivor
  • Bat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 06:04:49 PM »
Hmm. It seems I have made a small typo!!!! On the OOC signature I meant to put: "I agree to create min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner-bad-ass FREE environment.
Just thought I should  make that clear.

Fura...there might be other grammatical errors as well, or at least I saw them as such and 'corrected' them in my post, if they are infact correct originally I apologize.

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 06:45:23 PM »
There might just be! I'll give it a look once I'm out of rehersal. Thanks Exodus! :)
#79BAEC

Offline Exodus

• Survivor
  • Bat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 07:23:31 PM »
So, how does this work exactly?

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 07:35:49 PM »
Ergh... Kris, or somebody actually competent...
Occasional browser and player.

Offline Lorknis

• Survivor
  • God of Fertility
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »
Ergh... Kris, or somebody actually competent...
What are you referring to?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

We are never fighting alone.
Get up, get going,
I’ll meet you there.