Poll

How fast do you want to get into the action?/How difficult do you want enemies to be?

Withing the next update.
3 (15%)
Withing a few updates
4 (20%)
Withing another few pages.
0 (0%)
I want enemies to be easy.
1 (5%)
I want enemies to be challenging.
3 (15%)
I want enemies to be run away worthy, Alien Isolation style.
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2! [OOC]  (Read 14698 times)

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2! [OOC/APPLICATIONS]
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »
Ergh... Kris, or somebody actually competent...
What are you referring to?
My character from the first Beta Lab. Deciding if I wanna do her or somebody else.

FURA, ANY THOUGHTS?
Occasional browser and player.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »
//rolls in

If I remember correctly, this RP was a roaring success, so I thought I'd join in on the fun this time around. Not sure what kind of character I want to play here, so the sheet's gonna have to come later.

ajwilli1

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 10:07:49 PM »
NAME & LAST INITIAL
Reggie R.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
A well-tanned Caucasian man that stands at the short height of 5.3ft". His long dark auburn hair is kept in a short pony tail he keeps under his beanie, while the rest of his face is clean shaven. His build is that of someone who, "Favors sitting on the computer and chowing down on Highway(tm) Cheesy RVs" than someone who does physical work; with a chubby face, jiggly arms and belly rolls, and stout'ish legs. His wide-eyes are a deep brown. His nose is concave and comes to a short point.

WORK HISTORY
Botanist/Part-Time "Weed" dealer

SKILL SET
Cooking

DISABILITIES
[OBESE:] Being a fat dude sucks, he gets more winded from combat and most physical actions.
[PACIFIST:] He won't kill anyone no matter what, he will only fight in self-defense. And no he won't kill even the robots.
["Free-Burn":] He's high as a kite most of the time, the worst part is that he's almost on probation from Beta-Lab due to him constantly turning both gender's bathrooms into hotboxes.
[Hipster:] Things you like, he probably liked when they weren't cool.
[Laid back:] He's a little too calm, like... he doesn't care no matter what is going on.
[Dsylxia?:] He can't spell for shit, reads to fast and gets things mixed up, and will most the time speak with extreme word salad fragments due to his constant highs and in his words: "Liek I can't talkright h-al-lf the time barh."

SPECIAL TALENTS
[Great Chef:] He's fat, he stole recipes from the old food joint he worked at, also he's fat.
[Biologist:] If there is one thing Reggie ever understood in his life. Is how the mechanics of life worked, DNA, cells, genes, etc... But what interested him the most was plant life, and how to grow it... now that I think about it he probably liked it so he could grow is how weed.
[Judo:] So his parents forced him into Judo lessons to help keep him on the right track in school. It really didn't, but hey he was one of the instructors best students, so he has managed to accomplish two things (the other being Beta Lab) in his life.

I, Reggie Radica Eggie Radical Meggie Teddy <- ignore this Reggie R., hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

OOC: I, AJ_The_BaeJay, also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad ass FREE environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 11:50:35 PM »
So, how does this work exactly?

What do you mean?

Ergh... Kris, or somebody actually competent...
What are you referring to?
My character from the first Beta Lab. Deciding if I wanna do her or somebody else.

FURA, ANY THOUGHTS?

I can never not like classic Kris! I'd say go for it!

//rolls in

If I remember correctly, this RP was a roaring success, so I thought I'd join in on the fun this time around. Not sure what kind of character I want to play here, so the sheet's gonna have to come later.

That's great to hear, Hibou! I await your sheet with intrigue.

Everyone else, loving the character sheets. I can tell some thought is being thrown in, and that's what I like to see. Expect this to possibly start tomorrow with an intro post explaining where you all are, what you have, and what horrible disaster has happened this time!

Disasters that happened in previous timelines: Engine explosion, bombing which caused flooding, and Chomper outbreak.

#79BAEC
"Elle get under the bed before the Nazis get you."
((YEAH, TEAMWORK, YEEEEEEAAAAAAH [guitar riff]))

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 12:28:03 AM »
NAME & LAST INITIAL
Kris W.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Kris is a short young woman who looks to be in her highschool or college years. She has brown hair tied into a pony tail and green eyes. She wears a lab coat with slightly too long sleeves over a dress shirt and a skirt, along with dress shoes. Her left arm, when visible, is clearly made of metal and designed to extend out.

WORK HISTORY
Intern Scientist

SKILL SET
"Uhh....? Trust me! There's something I'm good at, boss! Like... I'm a good helper!"
(Maybe she can give a widdle bonus to certain checks (if she doesn't manage to fuck it up).)

DISABILITIES
Bumbling, clumsy, and over all incompetent. (ROLL FOR EVERY ACTION TO SEE IF SHE GOOFS IT)

SPECIAL TALENTS
Cool extendable robot arm! "It's triple sweet! It goes like, fwoom and I can reach way up there, boss!"

I, Kris Wobbly, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

OOC: I, Dusty, also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad ass FREE environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:28:02 AM by Inquisitor Dust »

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 01:23:40 AM »
Added some new sections and a place to keep character information! Inventories and what not will come when we finally get into it. On a side note, is it just me or was the size option on text removed?
#79BAEC

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 01:25:36 AM »
It does appear it was, but does it still work when I manually type it in?

Does not appear it does. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of the ridiculously small text people kept using?

Also fixed the color thing on Kris' sheet, boss.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:28:24 AM by Inquisitor Dust »

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 01:30:41 AM »
That sucks eggs :(
Hopefully it gets put back in!
#79BAEC

Offline wilson7755

• Survivor
  • Hey nerds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 01:39:41 AM »
NAME & LAST INITIAL
"Mike Z."

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
A 6'3 tall male with copper colored hair and hazel eyes, he has a very muscular build with a pair of stylish prescription glasses.

WORK HISTORY
"Security Officer and a chef at a fancy restaurant during collage."

SKILL SET
"I have exceptional firearm capabilities"

DISABILITIES
"I tend to tap on things, I speak with a deep monotone almost always, people say that I 'Get off' from orders, and I'm short sighted, Sir"

SPECIAL TALENTS
"I use very sophisticated language, I am exceptionally strong, I am also good at hand to hand combat, Sir.

I, Aaron, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

OOC: I, wilson7755, also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad ass FREE environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:37:18 AM by wilson7755 »
Endlessly causing shenanigans.

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 02:21:31 AM »
With the amount of people so far, I feel comfortable that we could start tomorrow once we've gotten a sixth, so hopefully by the end of the night or tomorrow we'll get that wish!
#79BAEC

Offline Exodus

• Survivor
  • Bat King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 02:26:08 AM »
Yay

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 02:32:55 AM »
NAME AND LAST INITIAL
Elle T.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Elle looks to be about in her mid 30's, and is a little short. Her wavy hair is light brown, like her eyes, and is tried back in in a ponytail that reaches the top of her back. She usually wears a smart waistcoat with her dress shirt and slacks. Her shoes have that distinct professor look, with leather patches on the toes and heel and brown suede everywhere else.

WORK HISTORY
Accepted to Michigan State University, she graduated with a master's in mechanical engineering. She remained at the university, conducting research and development to further her field, as well as teaching on the side. After a few years of this, she left the university's employment for personal reasons and applied to Beta-Lab where she was, to her excitement, accepted.

SKILL SET
"Well, put simply, I engineer mechanical things."

DISABILITIES
"I need to exercise more, I don't have any experience fighting things, I'm really bad at chess, people tell me I don't work well with rules, I'm terrified of needles, heights, and blood, I can't climb very well, and I have this thing with my spine that makes it so I can't lift much weight. Well, I can, but it hurts."

SPECIAL TALENTS
"Oh! Um, I can sing opera. That's a talent. I'm killer at checkers, I can juggle up to five or six things, I'm good with my hands, and I can cook a mean grilled cheese."

I, Elumina Triesse, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

OOC: I, Hibou, also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad ass FULL FREE environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 03:01:28 AM »
(B) Elle T. Looks like a great character already! Well that's our sixth! I'll start scheming up some ideas. See you all tomorrow :)
#79BAEC

Offline wilson7755

• Survivor
  • Hey nerds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 03:03:55 AM »
I forgot something in my appilaction
Endlessly causing shenanigans.

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
  • Nickboom 2: The Return of the Nickboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 08:34:30 AM »
ARGG YOU! WHY WASNT I INFORMED OF THIS! Making a character sheet!
"Forrest's snuggle meter is running low. Jacklyn will have to get aggressive."