Poll

How fast do you want to get into the action?/How difficult do you want enemies to be?

Withing the next update.
3 (15%)
Withing a few updates
4 (20%)
Withing another few pages.
0 (0%)
I want enemies to be easy.
1 (5%)
I want enemies to be challenging.
3 (15%)
I want enemies to be run away worthy, Alien Isolation style.
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2! [OOC]  (Read 13829 times)

Offline Nickboom

• Survivor
  • Nickboom 2: The Return of the Nickboom
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2! [OOC/APPLICATIONS]
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 08:50:39 AM »
NAME & LAST INITIAL: Rin T.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: A tallish man with broad shoulders. Has fiery red hair, which he keeps partly bound in a small pony tail that goes behind his head. Imposing appearance.

WORK HISTORY: Security Officer, trained and a former soldier the large man was a natural choice for the lab. Though he had fallen on harsh times with regards to money so his new job was easily welcomed. Excellent marksmen in the army and a well kept record as a security guard with all people either being caught or chased off before causing any sort of damage.

SKILL SET: Marksmen, (I'd say +3 to shoot/ranged)

DISABILITIES: Socially inapt, shy, awkward, longs for connection

SPECIAL TALENTS: Self Defense Training, Balanced Carrying (Can carry extreme weights well as well as moving quickly while carrying far more then the average person could handle), Bravery (Can pull of feats without fear or hesistation causing him to faulter or give in, penalty: has to always intervene for someone else if they are in danger when reasonably possible/not a lost cause)

I, Rin, hereby give my pledge to Beta-Lab, and all of its founders, that I will not under any condition abandon the work here, or my fellow friends, and that I will not speak of the work that happens here. I recognize that all work here may seem irrational, silly, outrageous, unnecessary, etc, but I will not question my superiors or my colleagues. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing country, and that I am saving millions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally, I understand that as of now, I belong to Beta-Lab, and I will give my life to see everything go as planned. Thank you for letting me be apart of this great project.

OOC: I, Nickboom, also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad ass FREE environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.

(Just a quick question, curses arent allowed? Or just racially insensitive words? (Not allowed I mean))
"Forrest's snuggle meter is running low. Jacklyn will have to get aggressive."

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 04:57:39 PM »
(Just a quick question, curses arent allowed? Or just racially insensitive words? (Not allowed I mean))

Curses are allowed, it's derogatories that I'm specifically talking about. I'm not worried about it from you guys, but it's just there in case it does happen.
#79BAEC
"Elle get under the bed before the Nazis get you."
((YEAH, TEAMWORK, YEEEEEEAAAAAAH [guitar riff]))

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 08:02:56 PM »
Consider this RP started.
#79BAEC

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 08:11:20 PM »
Aw, yeah, I don't think I'll be able to join, sorry Fura! ;-;
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

ajwilli1

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 08:16:20 PM »
Holy shit, these intros. I'm literally rolling on the floor with these and mine.

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 05:17:49 PM »
!!!!IMPORTANT OOC POST!!!!

I'll just clear something up about the objective of this game. Originally, in the first version of this game, I started everyone off already in the midst of the emergency in Beta-Lab and the goal was to escape the facility. However now the adventure starts after some exposition, getting to know characters, and setting up a few things.

The Map is there to keep track of the places you've been after the emergency happens. They're not places to go just yet. The event will most definitely bring down all the elevators, meaning that you have to venture through each and every area in order to get there. (Normally there are elevators that lead to floors, but since there will be none available except for the emergency elevators, you have to take the long route through ever sector and every area.)

Now the map is not he end-all-be-all. There are other locations that I could create depending on what's going on. For example, if you're running away from a monster, I will give you choices to hide down other hallways, rooms, or try to make it to the next area. There can also be alternate routes that can be created depending on what happens. Who knows! It's roleplay.

That's all I had to say. I hope you all have a good day/evening/night.
#79BAEC

Offline Jakers

• Survivor
  • Surviving - With Class!
    • View Profile
    • Lone - My illustrated suggestion game.
Re: Welcome to Beta-Lab C7V9 V.2.2! [OOC|New Poll]
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 07:16:43 PM »
Oh, sweet! Beta-Lab got a remake, and Fura's back! Glad to see the return of both, hehe!

I don't want to cram the RP or join at an awkward time, but are CS's still open for business? I'm completely fine with a 'no'; watching the RP unfold is just as fun!

Offline Furaotic

• Survivor
  • Version 3.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2015, 08:15:41 PM »
I don't see the harm in you joining in! It wouldn't be too awkward. I'd just have to make an intro post for you, which wouldn't be too bad.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'll be updating the Lore and History section as I find time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:22:50 PM by Furaotic »
#79BAEC

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2015, 09:01:29 PM »
And on that note, I've just remembered that I said I would make a sheet.
...Later.    Because I have to go do stuff now.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Jakers

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2015, 09:18:47 PM »
---NAME AND LAST INITIAL---
>Jemma. S

---PHYSICAL APPEARANCE---
>Female. 5"10. Caucasian. Has a skinny, non-muscular build that makes her appear somewhat frail. Her hair is long, wavy and of a bright brown colour reaching down to roughly breast height. Her right eye is covered up by a bandage worn like a tilted bandana, and her left eye is of a dim, blue colour. Her face could be passable as pretty, but she almost always has a confused look on her face. Although she tries to look presentable, Jemma is commonly untidy in appearance, sometimes accidentally putting shirts on the wrong way around. Other than a missing eye and general derpiness, she looks passable as a normal Homo Sapien.

---WORK HISTORY---
>Was previously a skilled chemist, but was removed from the job after spilling a large amount of expensive chemicals. (She also lost her right eye because of it, but they didn't care about that.) Moved on to contribute to biological research, before taking a large interest in electronics and therefore becoming an electrician; soon hoping to invent some of her own electrical creations.

---SKILL SET---
>Electronics [Be it fiddling with electrical components or trying to make things out of them, Jemma's your gal.]

---DISABILITIES---
>One Good Eye [Very self-explanatory. Don't play with hydrochloric acid, kids.]
>Bad Eyesight [I can barely see from my one good eye without my contact lens!]
>Somewhat Unfit [Not as well-suited to physical tasks as your average Joe.]
>Socially Dumb [Talks very slowly; often pronounces words wrong and lacks social understanding. Makes her look dopey.]
>Dyslexic [She's smart, but when it comes to reading and writing, it certainly isn't a strong point.]

---SPECIAL TALENTS---
>Good Under Pressure [Isn't scared as easily as others, making her able to concentrate in less-than-ideal conditions.]
>Biological Understanding [Could be able to identify weak points of unknown horrors quicker.]
>Chemical Understanding [Sometimes able to identify unknown elements by appearance/smell.]

i Jemma Sharde hereby giv my pledg to Beta Lab and all of it's founders that i will not under any condishun abanndon the work here or my fello frends and that I will not speek of the work that hapens here. I recogniyse that all work here may seem irrashunal. silly. outrageus. unnecessary. etc- but I will not questiun my superiurs or my coleeges. I understand that all work here is done for the sake of this amazing cuntry and that I am saving milions of lives by spending my life down here. Finally i understand that as of now i beelong to Beta Lab and i will give my life to see evrything go as planed. Thank you for letting me be a part of this grate project.
[[She's dyslexic. I didn't have a grammatical fart, in case you were wondering.]]

OOC: I, Jay Maximilian Curse (actually just Jakers), also agree to create a min/max, Mary Sue, one-liner bad ass FREE environment by taking time with my posts creating something that is useful and pushes the story forward in some way. I agree that I will try to make a post at least once a day, but if that can't be met, it's okay because things do come up.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:20:19 PM by Jakers »

ajwilli1

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2015, 09:25:14 PM »
>Dyslexic [She's smart, but when it comes to reading and writing, it certainly isn't a strong point.][/color]

"We could liek, be BFFs of like dyslexia. Like, that'd be like totes cool brahdette."

Offline Jakers

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 09:35:45 PM »
>Dyslexic [She's smart, but when it comes to reading and writing, it certainly isn't a strong point.][/color]

"We could liek, be BFFs of like dyslexia. Like, that'd be like totes cool brahdette."

Message from {Jemma}: oh wow someon who finaly understans me!! uh what is a brahdett but at leest i am not the only one who is bad at Inglish

ajwilli1

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 09:38:03 PM »

Message from {Jemma}: oh wow someon who finaly understans me!! uh what is a brahdett

Message from {Reggie}: whoa this thing is leik so cool; anyway, bieng a like brahdette is like bein a dudeette but your one levl higheir then a dudeette. So it's like a freind prometion.

Offline Jakers

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2015, 09:43:41 PM »
Message from {Reggie}: whoa this thing is leik so cool; anyway, bieng a like brahdette is like bein a dudeette but your one levl higheir then a dudeette. So it's like a freind prometion.

Message from {Jemma}: oh yay thanks u! i was very woried taht i coul'dnt spel but now i am comfooted. ((*Unneccessarily Complex Smiley Face Emotion*))

Dyslexic buddies aside, if there's anything wrong with my sheet Fura, do call me out on it because I hate things being wrong with my CS's. I have C.S.O.D. (Character Sheet Overobsession Disorder).

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »
ACTUALLY NAH I HAVE TIME.

N A M E + L A S T  I N I T I A L
Gwyneth .G________

P H Y S I C A L  A P P E A R A N C E
A 6"1 tall female with long, dyed blue hair and brown eyes

W O R K  H I S T O R Y
Previously worked at Generic Tech Company Phentech, Shannon Autos, and Tennengrad .Inc

S K I L L  S E T
Fiddling with mechanical objects

D I S A B I L I T I E S
Low attention span, twitchy left hand

S P E C I A L  T A L E N T S
Fast reaction times, fast runner, fast learner

I, Gwyneth Gerard, hereby give my pledge to Beta Labs and all of it's founders.

OOC: Yeah, I agree.   The shortening down of the pledges is because I am unable to copy things currently.

That okay for something I've done with an Xbox 360's IE app?
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?